Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What comes next after PMDG's 777? Max or 747?

Anyone know?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

747 is dead, except for cargo ops. Hope that both MAX and 787 (similarities in navigation equipment) would follow in full range.

Posted (edited)

RSR has already confirmed here that the MAX will release somewhere between the four 777 variants.

Edited by outermarker
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

747 is dead, except for cargo ops.

Ah which means: More important and alive than ever before 🙂

The fully alive 747 will surely come after the 737 and 777 variants. Including the awesome chevron exhausts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

747 is dead, except for cargo ops

Really? So I must have hallucinated when I saw 7 Lufthansa 747s last night at the gates in EDDF.

And in general: A lot of people are flying the A300 in the sim, an aircraft almost irrelevant when compared to the role of the 747. And that is only by today's standards - a lot of people will love to fly historical airlines with it. So there's more than enough space for a 747, especially a study level one.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Really? So I must have hallucinated when I saw 7 Lufthansa 747s last night at the gates in EDDF.

A few remnants of the past glory, ready to be scrapped and replaced by 779 🙂 

PS. I'm sarcastic of course, but I would rather prefer that the valuable labor resources that PMDG has in its disposal, would be spent on MAX/787. 

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Anyone know?

Know one knows that will put it up on a forum like this!

You will simply see people offer pure speculation.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Anyone know?

After all the 777 variants have been released, PMDG will likely try to get the 747 released next.

And as others have mentioned already, the 737 Max is releasing during the 777 variant release cycle for PMDG.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Know one knows that will put it up on a forum like this!

You will simply see people offer pure speculation.

The 737 Max isn't speculation. Randazzo said it himself that PMDG would release the 737 Max during the 777 variant release cycle:

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

747 is dead, except for cargo ops. Hope that both MAX and 787 (similarities in navigation equipment) would follow in full range.

nah.  Go to anchorage or LAX.  I would much rather fly a 744 than a 787.  

• Like 9
  • Upvote 6

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

44 minutes ago, micstatic said:

nah.  Go to anchorage or LAX.  I would much rather fly a 744 than a 787.  

Agreed and you may want to add KMIA to that list. Never thought i would be doing cargo ops but i spent a good portion of the weekend doing just that in the A300.. ( another "dead" aircraft) and now i'm feeling the itch for the rest of the cargo regulars (777F / 747) so bring them on!

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

What comes next after PMDG's 777? Max or 747?

… about 6 or 7 years of waffle from RSR presumably 🫢

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1