Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

1 hour ago, ConairMSFS said:

Hy guys. I'm reading all the discussions about FsHud, but it's better to directly ask you some questions.

Do I need to use FSTL or AIG for traffic with fshud, or it injects traffic by itself too?

Does it manages "pushback facing north, south" etc when clearing for pushback?

What about arrival/departing runways for traffic too? Or there's still the risk of of landing/departing in opposite direction of AI traffic?

I'm tempted to buy it, but first I'd like to clarify my doubts. Thanks.

1- Your choice.  It can use the default traffic BGL's but in my case I use AIG

2- Not at this time.   It just clears you for pushback and you have to know which way you need to be facing.

3- I have not had issues with AI traffic coming in the opposite direction as FSHud controls it.  It works great for me. 

You need the models/liveries from one of the products to be installed so that FSHud can use them. For FSLTL you run their injector, which 'talks' to FSHud to do the actual injection. With AIG FSHud reads the AIG plans and injects the traffic itself. In some respects it would be better if the AIG TC talked to FSHud in the same way as FSLTL so that we could benefit from the new features like dynamic GA traffic, but alas that's not the case.

The direction for pushback is not currently given, although I think I've seen it stated that it's on the roadmap somewhere.

There are still one or two bugs where AI traffic and the user might be directed to different ends of the same runway, possibly in variable wind conditions, but usually the separation logic handles that fairly well. I think this will improve more in the near future. 

Ian Box

As a sort of last resort I completely removed FSHud and reinstalled it (not that I was expecting this to help) and set the traffic balancer feature to stop injection at 33 FPS, near my frame rate at large airports. Traffic removal set to 28. Traffic settings 20/20 using AIG. Unfortunately, the stutters are still there. At the request of @FSHud I've recorded a short video after landing with some pretty horrific stutters. This keeps happening from around TOD to when I shut FSHud down. Up until TOD everything is fine. Due to the frame rate dropping with the stutters the balancer kept removing traffic gradually until I landed with zero traffic. The stutters persist however, so that I can rule out AI models causing the stutters. Shutting down FSHud immediately heals performance.

I used AIG ever since this started happening after the separation update. I'll try using the FSLTL injector and FSLTL models again to see if FSHud working in conjunction with AIG is somehow causing trouble, but other than that I'm out of ideas.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nomad71 said:

1- Your choice.  It can use the default traffic BGL's but in my case I use AIG

2- Not at this time.   It just clears you for pushback and you have to know which way you need to be facing.

Didn't wait for answers here, and already bought it.🤣 Was too fed up to listen to msfs atc. Using FSTL and justflight models.

Did a quick flight LIMC/LIMF and went quite fine as a first try. Far from perfect, but obviously much much better than msfs atc.

1 hour ago, ConstVoid said:

The direction for pushback is not currently given, although I think I've seen it stated that it's on the roadmap somewhere.

There are still one or two bugs where AI traffic and the user might be directed to different ends of the same runway, possibly in variable wind conditions, but usually the separation logic handles that fairly well. I think this will improve more in the near future. 

Downloaded beta launcher, yes noticed sometimes it repeats speed 150 knots, resume normal speed, speed 150 knots and so on. And after TOP9X departure, it directed me to BAGLU, on opposite direction, instead of TOP. Would be nice if it tells you "the heck are you doing", or if it was possible to ask for a direct to. Anyway, at least it feels less frustrating than flyng without atc or standard one for sure!

Flight went smooth, no big stutters and so on till after landing. Then when reaching the gate, sim went from 40 to 2 or 3fps for a minute or so. No idea what happened or if i did something wrong.

Later will try in EDDF or some more crowded airports.

Edited by ConairMSFS

2 hours ago, threexgreen said:

As a sort of last resort I completely removed FSHud and reinstalled it (not that I was expecting this to help) and set the traffic balancer feature to stop injection at 33 FPS, near my frame rate at large airports. Traffic removal set to 28. Traffic settings 20/20 using AIG. Unfortunately, the stutters are still there. At the request of @FSHud I've recorded a short video after landing with some pretty horrific stutters. This keeps happening from around TOD to when I shut FSHud down. Up until TOD everything is fine. Due to the frame rate dropping with the stutters the balancer kept removing traffic gradually until I landed with zero traffic. The stutters persist however, so that I can rule out AI models causing the stutters. Shutting down FSHud immediately heals performance.

I used AIG ever since this started happening after the separation update. I'll try using the FSLTL injector and FSLTL models again to see if FSHud working in conjunction with AIG is somehow causing trouble, but other than that I'm out of ideas.

This video doesn't say much at all - we don't know what was your FPS and CPU usage - especially by FSHud.
Yes - it's definitely seem stutters when you turning the camera - but there can be 1000 reasons for that.

Have you enabled MSFS cache to separate file? By the end every setting does make sense...

20 minutes ago, FSHud said:

This video doesn't say much at all - we don't know what was your FPS and CPU usage - especially by FSHud.
Yes - it's definitely seem stutters when you turning the camera - but there can be 1000 reasons for that.

Have you enabled MSFS cache to separate file? By the end every setting does make sense...

2 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Not seeing anything like this with FSHud my end, performance definitely takes a hit as expected, but it perfectly reasonable. I have it locked at 40fps

Update to my previous post. Moved FsHud from main monitor to left monitor (i have triples), and everything went smooth. Kept around 30fps landing at eddf, sequencing and separation worked quite good.

Must be something strange happening with triples and frame generation.

17 minutes ago, FSHud said:

Any video really won't show anything that I haven't already described to be honest. FPS are fine (around 32 in that scenario) but dropping very low periodically causing stutters. The CPU main thread is pretty much overwhelmed with large frame times while the stutters occur. I've checked the MSFS developer overlay a few times on previous flights. I can upload another video showing the developer overlay or MSI Afterburner next time.

The stutters are worst when panning the camera and especially when turning my head in VR, but aircraft movement is also stuttering. As for the reason, I can only repeat again that I've narrowed it down to FSHud. I tested all my other apps that I run with the sim but closing all of them does not eradicate the stutters. Meanwhile, I am not getting any stutters when flying without FSHud. When FSHud is the only other app running other than the sim itself, the stutters start around TOD and stop immediately after shutting FSHud down.

29 minutes ago, FSHud said:

I assume you mean the scenery cache. It's turned off completely as I don't use it.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, threexgreen said:

Any video really won't show anything that I haven't already described to be honest. FPS are fine (around 32 in that scenario) but dropping very low periodically causing stutters. The CPU main thread is pretty much overwhelmed with large frame times while the stutters occur. I've checked the MSFS developer overlay a few times on previous flights. I can upload another video showing the developer overlay or MSI Afterburner next time.

The stutters are worst when panning the camera and especially when turning my head in VR, but aircraft movement is also stuttering. As for the reason, I can only repeat again that I've narrowed it down to FSHud. I tested all my other apps that I run with the sim but closing all of them does not eradicate the stutters. Meanwhile, I am not getting any stutters when flying without FSHud. When FSHud is the only other app running other than the sim itself, the stutters start around TOD and stop immediately after shutting FSHud down.

I assume you mean the scenery cache. It's turned off completely as I don't use it.

In my case I have same stutters when I turn off scenery cache....

How much CPU used by FSHud do you see when this happens?
What happens if you shut down FSHud process and start it without clicking "Continue" button do you see high CPU usage by FSHud?

Because there is SimConnect bug that occasionally happens only by connecting to it without doing any operation, even after multiple restarts of FSHud (only MSFS restart stops it).

Posted (edited)

In my case I have same stutters when I turn off scenery cache....

It causes stutters when it's off? I've never seen this, and since closing FSHud stops the stutters I don't think it's the cache, otherwise I should have stutters with or without FSHud.

Because there is SimConnect bug that occasionally happens only by connecting to it without doing any operation, even after multiple restarts of FSHud (only MSFS restart stops it).

The only way I know to check an individual app's CPU usage is thru the task manager. Is that reliable? I'll take a look at it next time. If SimConnect is the culprit, is it possible the bug only occurs in specific situations (from descent onward)? It makes more sense to me for this bug to be a perpetual issue if it did occur rather than limited to specific situations. Then again, I'm no software dev. I'll keep an eye out for it.

We can move this back to the support system if you want btw, however perhaps someone else has an idea.

Edited by threexgreen

8 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

It causes stutters when it's off? I've never seen this, and since closing FSHud stops the stutters I don't think it's the cache, otherwise I should have stutters with or without FSHud.

The only way I know to check an individual app's CPU usage is thru the task manager. Is that reliable? I'll take a look at it next time. If SimConnect is the culprit, is it possible the bug only occurs in specific situations (from descent onward)? It makes more sense to me for this bug to be a perpetual issue if it did occur rather than limited to specific situations. Then again, I'm no software dev. I'll keep an eye out for it.

We can move this back to the support system if you want btw, however perhaps someone else has an idea.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm trying to understand - always look in Task Manager FSHud CPU consumption, it makes big sense....

As I know - on some environments (mostly Win11 but not sure) at some point SimConnect library that FSHud is using starts to consume very large amount of CPU - like 60% or something.
I know that it is on SimConnect side - because there is nothing on FSHud side that can run on so many parallel threads so it will consume 60%, especially after starting FSHud without clicking continue button in panel.
We still investigate this, unfortunately it never happens on my end - where I have all necessary development tools in order to see more exact reason.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, threexgreen said:

unflyable like this

Stutters

Believe in my experience.This phenomenon exists in several scenarios, on the ground in flight etc,etc,etc...and of course without FSHUD, FSLTL...The only observation I made is that when the photogrammetry is off MSFS is much more stable and balanced.No matter the context, no matter your hardware and no matter your software used in the background.You can fly for 1 full day without incident and on the second day the problems start in addition to remaining bugs.Stop tiring yourself out for nothing.The best thing is to live with it while waiting for better .When I add up all these problems that are part of MSFS 2020 I no longer have the enthusiasm to turn it on in addition to the ridiculous time needed to get on the flight home page.Even ASOBO must be exhausted by this version!Can't wait for MSFS 2024 even if there will be no miracle apart from making it work on xbox with the most beautiful effects.I would definitely have preferred a console version and a PC version. I think that would have solved my lack of perspective.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

11 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Just quoting this paragraph, but I’ve read all your latest posts. Wow, those stutters are much worse than I had imagined! Make sense that it gets worse while panning as it puts a higher load on the system. As the mainthread becomes hammered at some stage after TOD, there’s clearly some monster somewhere eating CPU cycles. 

As everything is fine without FSHud I think it’s not difficult to conclude that it’s causing these stutters, perhaps due to a conflict with another addon - or Simconnect as the developer mentioned. 

I watched one of your other videos on your channel (Dreamliner takeoff from KSAN) with AI traffic and it was impressively smooth. Clearly it’s not an issue with your hardware or Windows / MSFS / NCP settings.

These kind of issues can be a nightmare to troubleshoot though (I’ve had my fair share). Btw do you get the stutters with the release build of FSHud? Have you tried with an empty community folder (except traffic of course)?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just quoting this paragraph, but I’ve read all your latest posts. Wow, those stutters are much worse than I had imagined! Make sense that it gets worse while panning as it puts a higher load on the system. As the mainthread becomes hammered at some stage after TOD, there’s clearly some monster somewhere eating CPU cycles.

Yes, sadly it's really bad. I'm hoping that it's a SimConnect issue so that I may be able to continue using FSHud if the dev manages to figure that one out and fix it. I haven't tried the release version or emptying the community folder.

@FSHud I'm happy to provide any input needed to troubleshoot the SimConnect issue, if it does turn out to be that.

15 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I watched one of your other videos on your channel (Dreamliner takeoff from KSAN) with AI traffic and it was impressively smooth. Clearly it’s not an issue with your hardware or Windows / MSFS / NCP settings.

Haha I had to lol - that video is actually real, and that "AI traffic" is the insane traffic volume at Vegas that makes you number 21 for departure roasting in the desert heat on the taxiway for 30+ minutes.

But the fact you thought it's MSFS is a testament to how far flight simulation graphics have come. :biggrin:

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 1