Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

3 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

What strange comparisons.  Real world flat layer cloud.  AS flat layer cloud but MS big puffy cumulus.  Nearly every comparison was like this.

Yes. I will say, though, that the flat layer clouds currently rendered by ASFS (which I strongly prefer to the MSFS fluffy clouds), can do with a bit more substance to them. They do feel a bit sparse. Maybe that's technically accurate, as I don't know my meteorology, but if not, I'm sure it will get tweaked in subsequent versions.

• Like 1

Why is it seemingly so difficult for weather software to render 100% cloud cover when the real world skies are overcast (based on that comparison video above)? I seem to remember that even the preset overcast options in FSX and P3D had a hard time doing this.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Why is it seemingly so difficult for weather software to render 100% cloud cover when the real world skies are overcast (based on that comparison video above)? I seem to remember that even the preset overcast options in FSX and P3D had a hard time doing this.

As I said in my reaction to the video, my experience was the opposite. And to the 100% cloud cover, I flew from clear skies into such cover last night and it was very well rendered (I went looking for it by looking at the radar in ASFS).

Afraid of not reading the manual but is there a  ASMSFS "flow" widget? The MSFS METAR doesnt work offcause . Otto does offcause

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Afraid of not reading the manual but is there a  ASMSFS "flow" widget? The MSFS METAR doesnt work offcause . Otto does offcause

Thanks

Michael Moe

What is "Off Cause"?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

I was referring to the issue with ASutils not running preventing a sim connection.  Different thing.

If you're not getting wx injected, that's covered here: https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/toolbar-mods.14820/

Hope that helps.

I thought it will...but....I downloaded new Flow.....When I opened next time AS it prompted me to download update, I did, Launched everything again and message is showing "Waiting for simulator" and SIM is of course running.....Anyway, clearly, as much as I enjoyed AS in P3D for all this years, this one does not work in my system and have no idea what it is. If you have any idea where the problem is now let me know......

Thanks for your help

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is "Off Cause"?

Hi Bob , the inbuild MSFS METAR function now shows "no stations" on my end. Guess AS is in control so it would be nice to look up METAR AS as we did with P3D, FSX from menu.

Again i havent read the manual so it might be me

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Posted (edited)

@Damian Clark, I just restarted utilities manually and came into life.....So i guess you should take a look at that why is not starting with SIm.....

Thanks

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Because there are a lot of "streamers" who are completely inept and only interested in click bait for subscribers. Talk about scammers. I haven't seen all the streams but so far the ones I have seen indicate that the user doesn't have a clue on how to use the product.

There's a comparison video from Easyjetsimpilot that went up about 2 hours ago.

I didn't get to the end, but the initial 4 or 5 airports he looked at comparing live you tube feeds from those airports, to Active Sky & MSFS Live weather - he preferred the MSFS Live renditions. 

I don't know his AS settings & wonder if they were changed if that would make AS more favorable to him??

T45

Also bear in mind EJSP's video didn't touch on any of the turbulence / wake settings and effects which you can use with the default rendering if you so wish. You don't have to use the weather presets and can use default weather in conjunction with AS refinements to the air itself. I'm finding it a decent add-on so far FWIW.

• Like 5

Self-Loading Cargo - Real-time Cabin Crew and Passenger Simulator for MSFS, X-Plane, P3D and FSX

11 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi Bob , the inbuild MSFS METAR function now shows "no stations" on my end. Guess AS is in control so it would be nice to look up METAR AS as we did with P3D, FSX from menu.

Michael Moe

You can just as easily (actually more easily, because you just type the ICAO in) look up METARs in the AS app. I don't find the MSFS toolbar better / more immersive in that regards, it's a big blue thing on your screen. Also the ATIS should be correct in MSFS, because that comes from the actual weather.

Turbulence effects are GREAT. Much better than RealTurb. The aircraft is slightly shaking on cruise, like a boat, very smooth and credible. Have not ever seen this kind of turbulence in MSFS (with or without RealTurb). AS is worth it alone for those effects, no matter if you want the actual weather depiction or not.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Turbulence effects are GREAT. Much better than RealTurb. The aircraft is slightly shaking on cruise, like a boat, very smooth and credible. Have not ever seen this kind of turbulence in MSFS (with or without RealTurb). AS is worth it alone for those effects, no matter if you want the actual weather depiction or not.

This is something I have noted as well. All through the flight phases the turbulence effects are very well implemented

• Like 3

WAT1036.png

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

My thoughts as well.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Michael Moe

28 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You can just as easily (actually more easily, because you just type the ICAO in) look up METARs in the AS app. I don't find the MSFS toolbar better / more immersive in that regards, it's a big blue thing on your screen. 

This. Or even more immersive you can use the audio ATIS and flightwatch that come with ASFS by just tuning 122.00, 122.02 or 122.05 in your COM.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2