Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

3 minutes ago, espent said:

Common for all the streams I saw yesterday was that they had issues with the GUI. It kept disappearing from the toolbar and they had to restart the application to bring it back. 

Huh? There's no AS in the toolbar. At least on my side. It's an external app, like FSLTL or AIG.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Minutes ago, around LEMI very very poor clouds at my taste with ASFS

Real clouds around LEMI, ASFS CLOUDS, MSFS CLOUDS, XENVIRO2020 CLOUDS

https://imgur.com/a/trghZnM

Why these flat clouds, like in the first editions of ASP3D V.5?

I had to deactivate Xenviro2020, I have bought every version ever made of Active Sky, I really want to love it but this cloud depiction are so poor...

I got the screenshots minutes ago while live streaming 

If somebody wants to see the video PM, please. I'm not here for spaming my youtube channel.

Regards

Edited by Gumerson
sorry correcting bad english
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Huh? There's no AS in the toolbar. At least on my side. It's an external app, like FSLTL or AIG.

Sorry, I mean the Windows taskbar. Not in the sim. They could not bring the application window back.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 minutes ago, Gumerson said:

Minutes ago, around LEMI very very poor clouds at my taste with ASFS

Real clouds around LEMI, ASFS CLOUDS, MSFS CLOUDS, XENVIRO2020 CLOUDS

https://imgur.com/a/trghZnM

Why these flat clouds, like in the first editions of ASP3D V.5?

I had to deactivate Xenviro2020, I have bought every version ever made of Active Sky, I really want to love it but this cloud depiction are so poor...

I got this screenshots minutes ago while live streaming 

If somebody wants to see the video PM, please. I'm not here for spaming my youtube channel.

Regards

You're not even looking from the same angle when you compare those. Of course clouds do look different from below, above or right in the middle of them! You need to compare the same angle, same position, same perspective between the three of them.

Also whether clouds "look" better is not the same as whether they are more realistic. The clouds themselves (visuals, textures etc.) are always the same - MSFS technology. The *types* of clouds are however generated differently. While MSFS default will always show you unrealistic volcanic ash clouds, AS will show a great variety of types. And yes, some overcasts look boring in real life too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, espent said:

Sorry, I mean the Windows taskbar. Not in the sim. They could not bring the application window back.

There's an option to minimize directly to the tray instead of the taskbar. I mean, one would have known had he took one minute to look at the settings or read the manual...

• Like 1

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

You're not even looking from the same angle when you compare those. Of course clouds do look different from below, above or right in the middle of them! You need to compare the same angle, same position, same perspective between the three of them.

Also whether clouds "look" better is not the same as whether they are more realistic. The clouds themselves (visuals, textures etc.) are always the same - MSFS technology. The *types* of clouds are however generated differently. While MSFS default will always show you unrealistic volcanic ash clouds, AS will show a great variety of types. And yes, some overcasts look boring in real life too.

Same angle used already. And I'm taking screen shot of actual clouds in real place, so do not say that I'm talking about realism, I'm talking about visual, and this flat clouds generated by ASFS are not realistic too. I do not like the msfs cloud for the hyperdramtism look, for this reason I bouht it ASFS, but not for flat cartoonish cloud like that. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

There's an option to minimize directly to the tray instead of the taskbar. I mean, one would have known had he took one minute to look at the settings or read the manual...

It was not in the tray either.

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Just now, Gumerson said:

and this flat clouds generated by ASFS are not realistic too

Of course they are. Many overcasts look exactly like this. I am seeing one right here outside the window. It looks like P3D outside of my window, if you will.
Again, you will see different types of clouds and overcasts at different times. You're just too much used to how MSFS depicts clouds all the time. AS can and will do that too (saw it on yesterday's flight, big voluminous clouds), but not always and everywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, espent said:

It was not in the try either.

Hm strange. No stability issues for me at all.

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

Of course they are. Many overcasts look exactly like this. I am seeing one right here outside the window. It looks like P3D outside of my window, if you will.
Again, you will see different types of clouds and overcasts at different times. You're just too much used to how MSFS depicts clouds all the time. AS can and will do that too (saw it on yesterday's flight, big voluminous clouds), but not always and everywhere.

Not much used to MSFS depicts clouds, I'm a Prepar3d flyer that can not live with the MSFS clouds depictions. I'm talking about flat clouds, only depicted by ASFS while comparing with actual real phisical true sky in the same place. Out of my window I have shot the real sky and I'm not seeing a flat low density single layer of clouds like are depicting in LEMI ASFS now. 

Regards and thank you for reading my post 😉

Does anyone see any performance impact? Flight1 no longer has the 30-day refund option so that I could check for myself.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I really think there should have been some 7 days trial or something... so many questions... 

Roi Ben

46 minutes ago, Gumerson said:

Same angle used already. And I'm taking screen shot of actual clouds in real place, so do not say that I'm talking about realism, I'm talking about visual, and this flat clouds generated by ASFS are not realistic too. I do not like the msfs cloud for the hyperdramtism look, for this reason I bouht it ASFS, but not for flat cartoonish cloud like that. 

Flat clouds exist in real world, so I'm not sure why you call them 'cartoonish'.

No single weather engine is going to produce the exact sky you will see in reality.  I love xEnviro because it can produce some amazing skies, but not 100 percent of the time. REX is also excellent, but not 100 percent of the time. MSFS live weather can be great, but it can also produce quite silly looking skies at times.

Active sky has been released just a single day and you come straight in with criticism of one sky at one place.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

just pruchased ,i am very pleased with it .

Default settings ATM any of you recommend any settings to be changed?lowered etc?

thanks

Mike

11 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Does anyone see any performance impact? Flight1 no longer has the 30-day refund option so that I could check for myself.

No. I've only done one flight so far, but no performance impact. I've seen some very short occasional stutters during this flight, could be AS injecting weather, or could have been the urban area of Sao Paolo (which has a bazillion of buildings) slowly loading in.
Since the weather visuals are MSFS technology, performance impact should be the same or even better for AS (since MSFS default always creates those high performance impact volcanic ash clouds all the time...).

• Upvote 1