Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

I'm sorry but if I have to fly with the stupid toolbar always in my face just for this program to work, I will never purchase it.

8 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Where do you find this user manual that nobody seems to have read but keeps being referred to?

Click the "Help" button from the main AS Interface.

Dan Scott

Posted (edited)

or  go  where  you have installed  it  and click documents

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Does it add cloud turbulence to MSFS live weather in passive mode?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

It’s bizarre to me that that so many people on Reddit and other communities are unable to see the improvements that ASFS offers and are saying they prefer the default. 

The depiction of the weather, turbulence, humidity, cloud types with various shapes and density is so much better than the default live weather in my opinion. Switching back to live weather, it becomes so evident that the full capabilities of the engine aren’t even used. 

The turbulence and random chop feels natural and variable whereas default is very binary and more ‘programmed’. 

I took off from Singapore yesterday and instantly noticed that the atmosphere looked different because of the higher humidity in the region. I’ve never seen live weather do this. 
The cloud types selected for the area were also spot on for the tropical climate.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Click the "Help" button from the main AS Interface.

Thanks

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 minutes ago, DModjo said:

It’s bizarre to me that that so many people on Reddit and other communities are unable to see the improvements that ASFS offers and are saying they prefer the default. 

IMHO, this is a "me too" reaction that I have seen often. I expect that many of these "users" have either (a) never really used the product and are parroting what some clueless youtube influencers have said or (b) they just fire up the default and make no effort to tune the program to their system. I have flown easily oiver 100 flights using ASFS and there is no comparison on the overall experience, it is far superior and much more accurate that default.

• Like 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

@Damian Clark

Just one question:

Could ASFS be used with a single license on two different machines running MSFS2020 with the same MS/Asobo license (of course, not at the same time, but just one at a time)?.

Thanks

Ed -  Damien will correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can use ASFS on two systems but not at the same time. You "may" have to reactivate the specific device when you switch but not sure about that.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

22 minutes ago, LanceW said:

I'm sorry but if I have to fly with the stupid toolbar always in my face just for this program to work, I will never purchase it.

You don't.  I just user another toolbar hiding add-on that is not that one, and all is good.  I'll link it to you when I'm home later.

3 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

You don't.  I just user another toolbar hiding add-on that is not that one, and all is good.  I'll link it to you when I'm home later.

Oh, that's good to hear. Thank you.

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

@Damian Clark

Just one question:

Could ASFS be used with a single license on two different machines running MSFS2020 with the same MS/Asobo license (of course, not at the same time, but just one at a time)?.

Thanks

ASFS is permitted for use, non-simultaneously, on any number of systems, by the licensed user.  It's essentially the "steam" system.  Logon from anywhere yourself, but don't share with a friend.

• Like 2

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

3 hours ago, psolk said:

I was using AIG but was the only plane on approach to 12 while others were using 09 so no AI anywhere in my descent path. 

This was a violent forced uncontrolled pitch over and crash which I've never experienced in FS or the PMDG or even the prior ASFS build.  

It does sound like a wake effect event, for sure, that's the only thing that we have in air effects that gives a significant rolling motion (when you're in those relevant portions of the simulated vortices).  Not sure what triggered it.  And it seems excessive to do that much damage in the aircraft you were flying.  But it may have been correct.  I have multiplayer traffic on and sometimes will see aircraft move/slew right in front of me, giving me the wake, and some times I don't see them (but then see them and their wake trail in the map).  It's possible a heavy did leave a wake trail for you.  I'd suggest flying with wake off to see if this goes away.  If you find any specific issues please let us know.

Damian Clark

Loving it  😃 

I’m sure with time and updates it’ll mature even better than what it already is .

mike 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LanceW said:

We should have compatibility with all toolbar mods very soon.  Stay tuned for an update.

• Like 1

Damian Clark