Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

5 minutes ago, motishow said:

Any fix for that?  historical weather is totally useless , QNH of historical weather is the same of plane QNH

Didn't understand a word - perhaps he can post on the HiFi sim site. Considering Historical Weather has been around for years in FSX,P3d etc it is not a deception. I suspect he doesn't know how to do what he wants OR something is interfering with the depiction. Bottom line - it works just fine.- another case of someone not doing something right and blaming the software. If you know him, tell him to open a ticket with HiFi, they'll get it sorted. I'm GUESSING that he has an addon that is interfering

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Another Useless Youtube video by a clueless reviewer. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Didn't understand a word - perhaps he can post on the HiFi sim site. Considering Historical Weather has been around for years in FSX,P3d etc it is not a deception. I suspect he doesn't know how to do what he wants OR something is interfering with the depiction. Bottom line - it works just fine.- another case of someone not doing something right and blaming the software. If you know him, tell him to open a ticket with HiFi, they'll get it sorted. I'm GUESSING that he has an addon that is interfering

He says that QNH plane doesn't match with QNH active sky if  you use historical weather , can anyone confirm if its true or not?

Edited by motishow

10 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

word not allowed, this discussion is worse than even P3D Vs MSFS!

The other thing I see is that no one is taking about FPS. I'll take it as a good sign. Anyway, now I'm only waiting to see if SU15 wrecks it or not...or until I run out of excuses first😂

Hola Luis - on my old 770k/3090 4k system with everything set at ultra and using FG and the AutoFPS mod I typically get between 35-70fps depending on where/what I am flying and the weather. During beta we had no remarks about FPS either. Some commented that the FPS increased from MS to AS.

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, espent said:

It is a shame for HiFi if only the inteligencia of AVsim have the capability to run the software. 

Where did that come from?  I just installed and configured AS MS. First run at configuring was as easy as taking a short survey of some kind where the questions are  Y or N or rating questions with a scale of 1 ~ 10.  How much easier can it be?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

14 minutes ago, motishow said:

Any fix for that?  historical weather is totally useless , QNH of historical weather isn´t the same of plane QNH

I won't be able to watch the video, but the QNH as indicated by the ATIS in historical mode (and as broadcast by the en route airports) always matches what the plane is showing.

1 minute ago, motishow said:

He says that QNH plane doesn't match with QNH active sky if  you use historical weather , can anyone confirm if its true or not?

ok, maybe I get it - the a/c is reporting a QNH value that doesn't match what AS reports. That means the A/C is not reading AS weather. Which aircraft? There was an issue with the Fenix and another that were resolved. If this is a new one, he should report it to AS so it can fixed. The info is there, the aircraft just doesn't know how to read it yet - IF I understand the problem.

5 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Where did that come from?  I just installed and configured AS MS. First run at configuring was as easy as taking a short survey of some kind where the questions are  Y or N or rating questions with a scale of 1 ~ 10.  How much easier can it be?

That's cuz you are an intelligencia snob!  so there!  🙂 

2 hours ago, espent said:

It is a shame for HiFi if only the inteligencia of AVsim have the capability to run the software. 

I would imagine that I'm far far from that itelligentsia. I've never used ASFS before and yet I found it simple to set up (albeit with quite a few steps), and all I did was review the settings before firing up MSFS, and then once I had MSFS open, trying out the various modes to understand how they worked before I felt like I could compare with and without. The only gotcha for me was having to reboot after installing the beta hotfix that came out within a day of release.

2 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

ok, maybe I get it - the a/c is reporting a QNH value that doesn't match what AS reports. That means the A/C is not reading AS weather. Which aircraft? There was an issue with the Fenix and another that were resolved. If this is a new one, he should report it to AS so it can fixed. The info is there, the aircraft just doesn't know how to read it yet - IF I understand the problem.

But shouldn't the aircraft be reading the QNH from the sim anyway? Maybe he wasn't getting weather injected correctly?

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I have really tried to find videos that shows of ASFS in a good light. No success. Are none of the fans capable of creating a video? Not even HiFi have released good videos showing of how easy and good this product is. If they had done that I am sure much of the misunderstandings should have been avoided. Instead they are now caught in a tsunami of patching that will delay the release of any videos even more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 minute ago, mmcmah said:

But shouldn't the aircraft be reading the QNH from the sim anyway? Maybe he wasn't getting weather injected correctly?

you may be right 

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

On balance I get more satisfaction seeing a better depicted sky, than I do seeing local weather in the distance 

I really enjoy seeing local weather in the distance, but I have to admit, the better looking sky with different cloud types using AS makes it feel like a new sim and I find myself not missing the local weather in the distance so much--especially with the transition rate set to a slow, smooth transition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, espent said:

I have really tried to find videos that shows of ASFS in a good light. No success. Are none of the fans capable of creating a video? Not even HiFi have released good videos showing of how easy and good this product is. If they had done that I am sure much of the misunderstandings should have been avoided. Instead they are now caught in a tsunami of patching that will delay the release of any videos even more.

it depends on what you are looking for. For me, I make three changes in the settings and I am good to go. None of the videos I have seen are using AS correctly - one needs to run it - if turbulence is too light/heavy - adjust it. Some of the videos do not understand that switching back and forth prevents AS from working properly - they would know that is they simply read the manual - so AS gets a bad rap.

Weather is a complex beast - run it - find what you don 't like and adjust it. I;m hoiping one or twoof the better reviewers will revisit AS after they understand it better.

I mean, lots of complaints that AS clouds are flat compared to MS -  if one understood a bit more about weather they would know that stratus clouds are flat compared to cumulus and AS injects the correct clouds for the situation. MS used to back in SU7 days but now it's just puffy cumulus.

And I'm running SU15 beta with no issues.

9 minutes ago, espent said:

Not even HiFi have released good videos showing

I will say, I think Hi-Fi could have helped themselves by being more proactive in their marketing. I don't mean this as a criticism, but there is a reason developers like Fenix and PMDG work closely with some streamers, giving them and advance copy, helping them understand and configure the program and then encouraging them to stream it. It is 2024 now and the reality is YouTube and Twitch is where people go to see things and you need to put a good foot forward in these venues. We all would have benefitted from a few well done streams, even some properly done comparison streams -- two computers running side by side. This all takes some work but it is the nature of marketing now. Gone are the days of a nice website with some carefully selected pictures.

• Upvote 1

Dan Scott