Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

ActiveSky FS Released

3 minutes ago, mikeklimek said:

I find myself not missing the local weather in the distance so much

In the end, what really matters to me in a simulation is a few nautical miles around my aircraft, this space has to be more important than a good-looking picture in the distance because it is here that I am interacting, navigating and flying.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Anyone having some sort of perfomance boost like i have? I dont know if its the latest micro updates by MSFS or AS but i am seing a smoother sim.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I will say, I think Hi-Fi could have helped themselves by being more proactive in their marketing. I don't mean this as a criticism, but there is a reason developers like Fenix and PMDG work closely with some streamers, giving them and advance copy, helping them understand and configure the program and then encouraging them to stream it. It is 2024 now and the reality is YouTube and Twitch is where people go to see things and you need to put a good foot forward in these venues. We all would have benefitted from a few well done streams, even some properly done comparison streams -- two computers running side by side. This all takes some work but it is the nature of marketing now. Gone are the days of a nice website with some carefully selected pictures.

Oh I so do agree with you! I'm trying to establish a dialog with Overkill so he has a chance to do a proper review but, right now, Damian is handling the whole thing by himself. There's about three or four youtubers that I would have liked to get an early release copy but it is such an evolving product with much more to come.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

simply read the manual

That is the point though. No one is reading anymore. How do you think people are learning Photoshop today? People have 20 kilos of books collecting dust while they are watching YouTube videos. People are not reading on how to fly the Fenix or the PMDG’s. They are watching streamers and YouTube videos. You don’t have to like it, but if you think most people are ready to plow through 50 pages to learn ASFS then it is time to pull the head out of the sand. 

IMG-0131.webp

Edited by espent
Added photo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

13 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Anyone having some sort of perfomance boost like i have? I dont know if its the latest micro updates by MSFS or AS but i am seing a smoother sim.

Michael Moe

I have since I have been using Auto FPS. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I have since I have been using Auto FPS. 

I have had no stutters or hiccups like when weather seemed to be loading with Live weather. It's more something I've thought about since this was first brought up, as I never really felt it was too bad with just Live weather, but I do think it's smoother.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, espent said:

hat is the point though. No one is reading anymore.

This is largely true. Part of my work involves writing online and one of the first things I was told is that "people do not read online; they skim". Only after skimming do they determine if this is something they want to invest time into reading. So a lot of thought now goes into things like the size of the headline, the length of paragraphs, where things are placed on the page -- sometimes I feel more attention is given to this than to the actual content!

But, back on topic, I just climbed out of Long Island and for the first time in years -- since SU7 -- I felt like I was flying in weather again. Like someone said earlier, it is like a new sim.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, motishow said:

Any fix for that?  historical weather is totally useless , QNH of historical weather isn´t the same of plane QNH

There was a time when users who found a possible issue with a flightsim addon went to the appropriate support forum to either get help there or even help the developer fix the possible issue.

Nowadays everybody seems to create a video, not to get support by the developer, but instead to give it a ridiculous,  hyperbolic clickbait title and load it up to youtube to get clicks for his channel. That is what is totally useless.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

There was a time when users who found a possible issue with a flightsim addon went to the appropriate support forum to either get help there or even help the developer fix the possible issue.

Nowadays everybody seems to create a video, but not to get support by the developer, but instead to give it a ridiculous,  hyperbolic clickbait title and load it up to youtube to get clicks for his channel. That is what is totally useless.

That's disgusting.

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

The in-sim turbulence setting still has an effect. Set it to your liking. ASFS was developed with the setting to low. But you can set it higher if you like.

Thanks, I made like 4 flights on medium setting in MSFS but will change it to realistic one.

2 hours ago, SN737 said:

That's right, I use msfs in "realistic" with PMDG 737's and I'm very pleased with AS turb effect in it's default 50 value.

Yeah I will try out realistic one with AS 🙂 

52 minutes ago, espent said:

Instead they are now caught in a tsunami of patching that will delay the release of any videos even more.

A 'tsunami' of patching?  I think that phrase is just like the early release videos criticising ASFS - a big over reaction to the slightest thing.  I think the reality of ASFS is quite simple.

1 - MSFS has a local weather model. ASFS has a global weather model that requires transitioning between weather areas.

2 - Transistion timing in ASFS can be adjusted. There is no need whatsoever to have clouds popping into existence or out of it.

3 - MSFS clouds are mostly cumulus based. ASFS can display more cloud types.

4 - MSFS turbulence effects feel unnatural. ASFS turbulence feels more natural.

5 - ASFS is very reasonably priced. Just buy it and experience it yourself, AFTER reading the manual.

Lastly, many people have been acclimatised to over dramatic MSFS clouds, where the folks at HiFi are more interested in clouds you may actually see on planet earth.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Posted (edited)

I bought it, but I guess it is not for me.

Really can't go back to not having weather in the distance instead of having this morphing etc.
Flying into weather systems is really something I really like in the MSFS weather systems.

For me this feels like a step back, like being back in the Prepar3d versions

Still I owned all of the great Active Sky products for a long time and really think they are great developers.
And I feel for them that Microsoft did not open the weather system to 3rd party developers, really hope that they will do it because Hifisim would make something even better out of it then!

Yes, yes I have read the manual................................

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1

Just now, rob0203 said:

Really can't go back to not having weather in the distance instead of having this morphing etc.
Flying into weather systems is really something I really like in the MSFS weather systems.

Still I owned all of the great Active Sky products for a long time and really think they are great developers.
And I feel for them that Microsoft did not open the weather system to 3rd party developers, really hope that they will do it because Hifisim would make something even better ou of it then!

If you don't mind looking at cumulous all the time, default isn't bad. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

If you don't mind looking at cumulous all the time, default isn't bad. 

Yes, I know what you mean, choices, choices..............

6 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

And I feel for them that Microsoft did not open the weather system to 3rd party developers, really hope that they will do it because Hifisim would make something even better out of it then!

Yes, yes I have read the manual................................

Fair enought, but since you bought it, at least use the passive depiction mode and enjoy the awesome turbulence stuff!

• Like 3