Sign in to follow this  
Paul K

My mind is boggled.

I've never known a time like this in our hobby. In recent weeks, I've bought JF's Vulcan and BAe 146, Burning Blue's Farnborough and Old Warden ( now with free airshow add-on ), Flying Iron's Me-109G and yesterday AzurPoly's Bronco. All this on top of perennial payware favourites, plus all the freeware aircraft, airports, repaints and utilities.

Standing back for a moment, I remember when Aces Studio was disbanded, people were confidently predicting the demise of civilian flight simming. Look where we are now, and with MSFS2024 coming soon. Asobo and Microsoft come in for some stick at times, but compared to just 5 years ago, we are in a different universe.

What's the point of this thread ? Just to express my astonishment at what we've gained in such a short space of time.

And now we have FBW's A-380 coming, along with Flying Iron's Fortress and a full set of B-52s from Sim Works Studios. Where does it end ? I hope it never does.

• Like 30
  • Upvote 6

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Hear, hear. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I like your enthusiasm with this very positive mood! 😃

• Like 3

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

4 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Hear, hear. 

There, there.  If fact...we can go everywhere in MSFS. 🙂   I've visited all my childhood homes in MSFS and the level of detail in each of them is astounding for as obscure some of them are.

Best time to be a simmer no doubt.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Totally!

Apart from the occasional server side slowdowns/weirdness, MSFS is so good at the moment I have to say I'm not even particularly excited about MSFS2024. I'm still buying loads of addons for 2020, and will probably do so right up to the 2024 launch. Of course I'll buy 2024, but if they'd never announced it I'd be just as happy to carry on as is.

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

30 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

There, there.  If fact...we can go everywhere in MSFS. 🙂   I've visited all my childhood homes in MSFS and the level of detail in each of them is astounding for as obscure some of them are.

My previous detached bungalow is a block of flats and my current detached house is a semi in MSFS.

From what I have heard, it's going to be much better in MSFS 2024.

At least two of my previous homes are in photogrammetry areas though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Its good at the moment but I'm still very optimistic with Microsoft , they pulled the plug and abandoned us once and I feel they will do it again eventually

Jason Richards

1 minute ago, jason74 said:

Its good at the moment but I'm still very optimistic with Microsoft , they pulled the plug and abandoned us once and I feel they will do it again eventually

Ah, a glass is empty observation, on a positive thread.

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Posted (edited)

Well, he did say that he is optimistic :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

57 minutes ago, jason74 said:

they pulled the plug and abandoned us once and I feel they will do it again eventually

MS is a business. Every product/service they sell needs to contribute to the net profit line, otherwise (unsurprisingly) it gets pulled.

I hope you don't use a Google product/service: https://killedbygoogle.com/ – that's quite the list!

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Yes. Though there are some annoyances with the base sim, there's been more top-tier, boundary-pushing payware, a plethora of freeware, and more detailed and technical default content than we've ever had in flight simming.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)

Great time to be a simmer regarding software and hardware...

Edited by virtualstuff

André

1 hour ago, jason74 said:

I think you mean pessimistic, don't you ?

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Posted (edited)

they pulled the plug and abandoned us once and I feel they will do it again eventually

Even if they did, you cannot deny what they have accomplished in such a short time so Kudos to MS and Asobo.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Any sim developer can pull the plug at anytime. Y'all need to get over that PTSD because MS gave y'all 27 nonstop years of support before they pulled the plug but that part is always forgotten. Why can't we be optimistic enough to think at least of the next 24 years for a revival of the franchise that is currently making more money than it ever did?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, jason74 said:

Except they didn't. Unlike any other simulator or game on this planet, they actually allowed the base platform to be sold for both professional and entertainment use, which allowed Prepar3D to happen. So playing that old violin shows you don't know how good you had it.

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB