Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Farlis said:

That's why you get a hold short point with a Letter which you read back. That exists only onces and therfore you can't mistake the runway.

I believe the thinking is that taking off on the correct runway is critical enough that you want a belt and suspenders.

Consider also that some airports have parallel runways with the same taxiway feeding them. "holding point A runway 28L" and "holding point A runway 28R" are pretty close, and confirmation bias can come into play (i.e. the controller or pilot hears what they expect to hear). So having the runway be cleared and read back twice seems like a worthwhile safety net.

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

Hopefully indeed!

Point was, that BATC and SI are apples and oranges, hence no comparison. I wish them well but one needs to acknowledge also that it's a half (quarter?) baked product at this stage that has little to nothing to offer over existing products - at least for the foreseeable future.

Maybe it doesn't have anything to offer to YOU. It's very clearly early access, so of course it's not finished. To measure it to that standard makes zero sense. I've tried many ATC products since FS9 days and have never seen anything close to it. The immersion is next level, and that is considering it's "half baked" as you call it. I've done about 20 flights with it so far and couldn't live without it anymore. Before that I tried pretty much all ATC addons that are out there and every single one had things it did well and others it didn't. On balance - I love it so far.

That's my opinion, but to make a general statement to say "it has nothing to offer" is not adding any value.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, BrammyH said:

I did two flights today (BOS-LGA) with each ATC.

With BATC, I like the "Over to Tower, see ya" (Now, if they ever do the Vatsim "SEE YUH" I'd laugh my behind off)

A. Yes they are like that in the USA.

B. Since ms2020 is quite normal for the kids to make cat meowing sounds on handovers.  Yes it’s gone downhill that much .

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

That's my opinion, but to make a general statement to say "it has nothing to offer" is not adding any value.

Fully agree. ATC programs which are button-controlled are a joke in terms of immersion. The ability to "speak" to the program with relatively flexible phraseology adds a ton of immersion. But to each his own...

• Like 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

7 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

You're right of course.

My statement represents my view, and that alone. Someone else may obviously see it differently.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

I wish them well but one needs to acknowledge also that it's a half (quarter?) baked product at this stage that has little to nothing to offer over existing products - at least for the foreseeable future.

You are reading too much into this. The community was very well aware that it would be released incomplete/prematurely. They actively asked for it to be released in this state. The developers would have waited if the poll results would have been different.

Expectations should always be low with Early Access releases as they are very much work in progress in Alpha Stage. Will everything that was promised be upheld in the end when it enters Release Candidate Stage remains to be seen. But to make comparisms to other products at this stage is just not doing anyone any favours. There is not a shared metric at this point by which the quality or final success can be even measured.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Fully agree. ATC programs which are button-controlled are a joke in terms of immersion. The ability to "speak" to the program with relatively flexible phraseology adds a ton of immersion. But to each his own...

As a button user I beg to differ, haha! But indeed, to each his own!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Farlis said:

You are reading too much into this. The community was very well aware that it would be released incomplete/preamturely. They actively asked for it to be released in this state. The developers would have waited if the poll results would have been different.

Expectations should always be low with Early Access releases as they are very much work in progress in Alpha Stage. Will everything that was promised be upheld in the end when it enters Release Candidate Stage remains to be seen. But to make comparisms to other products at this stage is just not doing anyone any favours. There is not a shared metric at this point by which the quality or final success can be even measured.

But, I agree, right now BATC offers nothing that my current ATC program, PF3 does, in fact, PF3 is much more capable than the current BATC. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

I prefer button or even better semi automated like BATC because in real life, if you’re the pilot flying the airliner, the other pilot is talking to ATC, not you.

GA is a different story of course.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But, I agree, right now BASC offers nothing that my current ATC program, PF3 does, in fact, PF3 is much more capable than the current BATC. 

And we knew all this. And yet people still wanted it now , in Early Access instead of waiting, probably another year until Traffic integration was ready.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

But, I agree, right now BASC offers nothing that my current ATC program, PF3 does, in fact, PF3 is much more capable than the current BATC. 

Voices...? I doubt PF3 gives you high quality german-accent-english.

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

I rarely fly in Germany, so I wouldn't know. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

There are voices with a German accent in PF3, as well as other accents. They're not TTS voices, though. But there are over 100, if I recall correctly.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

11 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

There are voices with a German accent in PF3, as well as other accents. They're not TTS voices, though. But there are over 100, if I recall correctly.

Yes over 100, and he has replaced some over the years with improved voices. 

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

kids to make cat meowing sounds on handovers.

Yeah. When vatsim is firing on all cylinders, it's great. When it's not, well.