7 hours ago, tup61 said:

It's very odd but even though I do think BATC is way too buggy still and FSHud is superior when it comes to the ATC itself I just can't stop using BATC... There is something about the interface and the voices and also parts of the phraseology which makes me use BATC all the time. Even though I know it is a very, very buggy addon. And even though I actually seriously wonder if they will ever be able to fix things completely. I mean... the dev himself said it is impossible (!!!) to create an ATC addon that will work for every airport and every procedure in MSFS. So... should we be happy with 75% or the airports working? Or 50%? I never heard another ATC addon dev day they won't be able to support every airport and procedure. But well, maybe the BATC dev simply is honest and the others aren't. 😉 

Well P2ATC works for every airport and every procedure, so it's possible. However P2ATC has been in development for 10+ years, so it will take time for BATC to get there (much faster though, since the sales and manpower are much higher).
Apart from that I agree with what you said: E.g. P2ATC is a much more mature ATC in regards to vectors, descents etc., but the complete experience with B2ATC is so slick - almost Vatsim like - that it just feels good, even if things break here and there. The only reason why I'm holding back on buying more premium time on BATC after using up the initial 50000 characters is that it still lacks Active Sky integration. Flying at the appropriate time of day with the appropriate weather has become so important to me since ASFS released that I cannot let that go. So I'm still using P2ATC for those non-live flights. But once/if BATC integrates Active Sky... I can't keep myself coming back to P2ATC. And BATC is going to get better and better day after day (slowly but steady).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Voices...? I doubt PF3 gives you high quality german-accent-english.

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

There are voices with a German accent in PF3, as well as other accents. They're not TTS voices, though. But there are over 100, if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yes over 100, and he has replaced some over the years with improved voices. 

Yes, there are lots of different regional accents in PF3.

The quality of the voices will always be in the eye (ear) of the beholder. I always found the PF3 voices fine, just as I find the FSHud voices fine.  The BATC voices are different of course, but still their quality is subjective. For example from what I heard in videos to me the BATC voices sound like ATC is aggressively yelling at you for no apparent reason most of the time.

• Upvote 2

Just now, RALF9636 said:

The quality of the voices will always be in the eye (ear) of the beholder. I always found the PF3 voices fine, just as I find the FSHud voices fine.  The BATC voices are different of course, but still their quality is subjective. For example from what I heard in videos to me the BATC voices sound like ATC is aggressively yelling at you for no apparent reason most of the time.

Some of the BATC voices are a tad "aggressive", yes, but the immersion is on another level with Premium voices. Really hard to explain if you haven't experienced it yourself. It lets you almost forget it's a robot you're talking to 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Some of the BATC voices are a tad "aggressive", yes, but the immersion is on another level with Premium voices. Really hard to explain if you haven't experienced it yourself. It lets you almost forget it's a robot you're talking to 😄

Yes, I can fully understand that this is appealing. Personally for me that doesn't outweigh the lack of traffic control in BATC though. But that is just personal preference. Do I wish FSHud would have these voices (and for no extra costs)? Do I wish BATC would have the traffic control capabilities of FSHud? Yes, absolutely! But for now we have to make our choices.

Edited by RALF9636

Like many others have said, BATC is full of bugs. But for some reason it “feels good.” The parts it gets right are very immersive (requiring ATIS, clearances, taxi and takeoff.) But it falls WAY apart at approach. To the point that I can’t complete a flight with it (too tight vectors, flying you into mountains, keeping you too high on approach, vectoring for a visual in MVFR conditions, too small runway for plane, etc.) But I really enjoy it. Can’t explain it! So, I use it until it gives me a vector that makes no sense or tells me to descend to 3,000, then 8,000, then 3,000 again within 30 seconds. Then I turn it off and finish the flight with no ATC. 

Hoping that the bugs get squashed. But, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, there is no ticket system and their Discord is hot mess. So I post the issues and hope SOMEONE is reading them. 

But… it’s so fun. Lol

• Like 4

Eddie
KABQ

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well P2ATC works for every airport and every procedure, so it's possible.

Well nearly, for example it occasionally gives me the AGPED(?) arrival into Edinburgh followed by the TLA transition (either runway), which does not work and would NEVER happen.

It's also assigned me runways that don't exist in MSFS, but do in the Airac (EIDW is a good example).

That said I use it to take over if BATC looses the plot (or doesn't get the plot in the first place), and that works well...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I really enjoy BATC and its ability to make something out of my broken readbacks in (often) any order, but amazingly it always works. Even more so because of my old cracking voice. This morning the controller got a little irritated when I was at the hold short line: "Noo, I need the runway", or something like that, lol.

• Like 1

Question: Does BATC support having a copilot do the communicating with the ATC instead of the pilot?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

22 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Question: Does BATC support having a copilot do the communicating with the ATC instead of the pilot?

It does. I have a button assigned for replies. Pressing it will transmit the “default” response. Will also change frequencies if you set it up that way. 

Eddie
KABQ

1 hour ago, Rob G said:

In addition to what was said above, BATC a has a ‘set and forget’ mode… auto tune and auto reply so your copilot will handle all radio work. You (the pilot) just need to follow any navigation instructions.  

24 minutes ago, Danno said:

In addition to what was said above, BATC a has a ‘set and forget’ mode… auto tune and auto reply so your copilot will handle all radio work. You (the pilot) just need to follow any navigation instructions.  

However, I find that you still need to occasionally reply even when using auto reply.  For example, when ready for taxi after engine start, when ready for departure after switching to tower, and taxi to gate after landing.  So, I would call it "nearly set and forget".  😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nobleord said:

I find that you still need to occasionally reply even when using auto reply

Yes, very true.  I forgot about those ground details.  

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I’ve noticed the yelling really only happens on the Basic plan. Thankfully. 

The inability to change the runways is a major bummer. It wanted me to take off on a runway waaay to short for the a320.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I told myself I didn’t need premium and would stick with free ones but after doing a few flights with premium, and doing the math on how long the top up packs would likely last me, I’ve concluded that I’ll be using premium.

For me the $30 pack will last me an about a year and a half to two years… money well spent.

on longer flights if I’m away from the computer I switch the basic so I don’t eat the premium characters up with no one listening.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU