5 minutes ago, Torsen said:

There's nothing to rethink. If you rely on new functions coming with SU15 and/or you use WASM - what I assume blacksquare is doing - there is no way to release it for current SU14. SU15 wasm planes are not working in SU14. And its not only holding up blacksquare. A lot of devs are forced to delay new features and updates and new planes cause of this nightmare. We'll have to be patient.

T.

You could be completely right and I may be wrong, but my understanding was they were holding off because they are afraid that SU15 will "screw things up", not because they are relying on any new features SU15 has. 

5 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

The FSR500 is also waiting on SU15 for updates.  In hindsight it might have been better to release without being dependent on certain SU15 features and patch those in after it goes live.  Every delayed day is a day without income for those developers.

That is the sad truth, yes. In case of the FSR500 a lot of the new features are part of SU15. To release before you would have internally to support two dev branches with a lot of changes between and split your team to test both SU14 and 15. That is unfeasible for a small studio and I don't think even teams with enough man power would go down this road.

T.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lehbird said:

You could be completely right and I may be wrong, but my understanding was they were holding off because they are afraid that SU15 will "screw things up", not because they are relying on any new features SU15 has.

With regard to the Duke's, there is an existing bug that prevents the avionics packages from being switched; if you do it it messes up the entire avionics. It has been known for a while and has been fixed in SU15. Blacksquare is holding off release mainly because of this bug, from what I can gather. 

That said, I think Asobo should take its time and be sure SU15 performs well, is stable, and does not introduce any other bugs. Once they refocus their resources on 2024 it is unlikely any more updates are going to come our way for a long time and I think it will be worse for us and for them if there is another bug with performance or functionality limiting consequences that they have to say, "sorry, we do not have the resources to address this until February 2025."

JustFlight and Blacksquare will likely weather the storm of not having the extra income for a few weeks just fine.

For me, the nice weather is here now and my sim time has plummeted, it may be the fall before I pick up more titles.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

sounds like they’re still struggling with wasm on the Xpotato.  Maybe still a couple betas away.  It’s gonna be a while  

I hope they get it released before early-July. The French go on vacation July 15 for a month or so.  They take this very seriously and no progress will happen July15 till about Sep 1.  

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

51 minutes ago, BufordTX said:

sounds like they’re still struggling with wasm on the Xpotato.  Maybe still a couple betas away.  It’s gonna be a while  

I hope they get it released before early-July. The French go on vacation July 15 for a month or so.  They take this very seriously and no progress will happen July15 till about Sep 1.  

Lol, It is peak holiday period in that month but you make it sound like all of France go off for a whole month and at the same time, imagine if that were true🥳

Just now, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Lol, It is peak holiday period in that month but you make it sound like all of France go off for a whole month and at the same time, imagine if that were true🥳

According to Google...

No, not everyone in France goes on vacation in July, but many people do. July and August are the most popular months for summer vacations in France, but some people wait until August because they consider themselves responsible and want to get work done first. The French call people who take vacations in August "Aoûtiens" and those who take vacations in July "Juilletistes".

And they're hosting the Olympics too.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

16 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

According to Google...

No, not everyone in France goes on vacation in July, but many people do. July and August are the most popular months for summer vacations in France, but some people wait until August because they consider themselves responsible and want to get work done first. The French call people who take vacations in August "Aoûtiens" and those who take vacations in July "Juilletistes".

And they're hosting the Olympics too.

Umm, your point?

I don't think Asobo is going to go on vacation when the "biggest undertaking in flight sim history" is about to drop.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I don't think Asobo is going to go on vacation when the "biggest undertaking in flight sim history" is about to drop.

Staff not taking holidays is an absolutely TERRIBLE idea and sensible/responsible employer should be making sure they do.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Staff not taking holidays is an absolutely TERRIBLE idea and sensible/responsible employer should be making sure they do.

Oh, hello. Welcome to the video game industry. Also, you do realize there are other parts of the year, right?

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

FS2020 came out in August so... I think there are at least a few folks working in the summer in France....

• Like 2

SU15 information: 
We are dedicated to ensuring a smooth transition with the upcoming Sim Update 15. We don't know if it will be today, a week, or longer. We are working diligently to thoroughly test all helicopter updates for bugs before submitting them to the Microsoft marketplace, other resellers, and the CowanSim website. Please note that certain features, such as the H125 VEMD, NR digits, digital attitude indicators, and governors, may be temporarily inoperable during this process. Most of the work is finished already, so when SU15 is officially released, we only need to test with the final version and make the submissions. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we focus on swift confirmations and submissions for all current products.

Thank you,
Josh

Frédéric Giraud

11 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Oh, hello. Welcome to the video game industry. Also, you do realized there are other parts of the year, right?

Yep and people with children at school etc like to be able to take them on holiday when there weather is nice.

Just now, grandfred29 said:

SU15 information: 
We are dedicated to ensuring a smooth transition with the upcoming Sim Update 15. We don't know if it will be today, a week, or longer. We are working diligently to thoroughly test all helicopter updates for bugs before submitting them to the Microsoft marketplace, other resellers, and the CowanSim website. Please note that certain features, such as the H125 VEMD, NR digits, digital attitude indicators, and governors, may be temporarily inoperable during this process. Most of the work is finished already, so when SU15 is officially released, we only need to test with the final version and make the submissions. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we focus on swift confirmations and submissions for all current products.

Thank you,
Josh

Amusing post in light of comments by Cowan sim regarding their X-plane helos

People aren't happy when updates are rushed due to issues, and they're not happy when updates are delayed to ensure all the issues are fixed. There's no pleasing some people.

• Like 8