55 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Hmmm.  I'm not certain in that case.  If you introduce fuel a little earlier does the same thing happen?

figured it out, need to have wing pumps on

UPS123.png

21 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Those are the things that make the wings flap up and down, right?

• Like 4

Is anyone else having an issue using the tablet?  I can click on it to bring it up, but then clicking any buttons etc on the tablet does nothing.  I am able to put it away though.  This using the SU15 compatible piston version.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Is anyone else having an issue using the tablet?  I can click on it to bring it up, but then clicking any buttons etc on the tablet does nothing.  I am able to put it away though.  This using the SU15 compatible piston version.

Back a couple pages in this thread was a mention of a 787 mod interfering with the Duke's tablet.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Posted (edited)

Click on the place you got it from. i.e. where it is stowed.

EDIT: Sorry I misread the post. You cant access any of the pages right?

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

14 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Back a couple pages in this thread was a mention of a 787 mod interfering with the Duke's tablet.

Thanks missed that one before.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

29 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

As per the cruise checklist in the User's manual, 1150 pounds of torque should be set, but if I get much over 770, I exceed the redline on the Ng.

I've seen a few people say that they can't get full power without "redlining" the Ng. It's possible that people coming from the default turboprops don't know that 100% is not the limit, it's like 102% on almost every PT6, or as high as 105%. Generally, the pilot does not worry about Ng when setting power because it's governed by the fuel controller.

Also, I'm really loving the comradery today with this release after the servers crashed. It's like we're all here waiting in line at the same concert.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JWvdH said:

I am having difficulties binding the mixture axis to my Homeycomb Bravo throttles. The manual says "Please make sure that your hardware bindings are using the Key Events (...)", I don't know how to do that in FSUIPC. Any advice?

One way would be to define your own XML Presets that use the needed Key Events.

Another way would be to use Lua scripts that execute calculator code or a control from the FSUIPC controls list.

Also, a lot of the standard FSUIPC bindings execute K events, so worth a try.

Al

4 hours ago, JWvdH said:

I am having difficulties binding the mixture axis to my Homeycomb Bravo throttles. The manual says "Please make sure that your hardware bindings are using the Key Events (...)", I don't know how to do that in FSUIPC. Any advice?

I'm using the TQ6, but I found that by changing the assignment in FSUIPC to send as a directly MSFS axis (probably don't have that wording exactly right) and then assigning my levers to mixture, I could get them to contrl the mixture, but the levers in the aircraft wouldn't actually move.

I'm not sure why it's always the mixture levers if there's going to be a problem with addon planes and FSUIPC assignments...

Dave

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Yes, that's the way I had to do it. The "problem" with that is, when there's an update, I have to remember to copy it back to the CF, do the update and then back to addon linker.

IMHO, for a $50 addon that's just shoddy presentation. I know they'll sell a bunch so they won't care.

I have not tried it yet with a Just Flight installer. But most cases, SWS as an example, the installer finds the file right where I moved it to and does the updates just fine. The next update you have, you should give it an opportunity to find the install where you placed it and see what happens.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

14 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

I have not tried it yet with a Just Flight installer. But most cases, SWS as an example, the installer finds the file right where I moved it to and does the updates just fine. The next update you have, you should give it an opportunity to find the install where you placed it and see what happens.

Yeah, I figured I'd give it a shot - may get lucky.

So far, have had a couple of flights - nice little plane.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Thanks!  I wondered if anyone would play with the engine out stuff.  I only did a little testing with both over the last few months.  I'm not ME rated either but I read up in some.things in hopes it would be modeled.

Yea it handled as I would expect it to. I dont have any time in a Duke IRL but have a few hundred hours teaching in piston twins and several thousand in jets

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

3 hours ago, rfelger said:

--------------------

Nobody held me back, they should've, couldn't resist...

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

27 minutes ago, Fielder said:

3 hours ago, rfelger said:

--------------------

Nobody held me back, they should've, couldn't resist...

straight outta manual

Fuel Pumps The Turbine Duke has two electric fuel pumps per engine, controlled via rocker switches on the pilot’s upper side panel. The “Wing Pump” is a submerged wet pump, operating within the fuel tanks, at the lowest point in the fuel system. The “Aux Pump” is an in-line pump operating within the engine nacelle. The fuel system is designed to only have one fuel pump per engine operating at a time. During crossfeeding operations, the auxiliary pump of the engine receiving the crossfeed must be disabled to avoid a fuel overpressure. All four fuel pumps must be functional for takeof

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI