Sign in to follow this  
Shack95

Screenshot Comparison MSFS 2024 vs MSFS 2020

Posted (edited)

Inspired by @Tuskin38's screenshots posted in the “New MSFS 2024 Trailer - Release date: 11/19/2024” thread, I searched for some other locations from the trailer to compare them with the current sim.

Ullsfjorden, Norway:

kGUpPaQ.jpg

MSFS 2024 (trailer 2)

qkV6GHP.jpg

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

wNgDRXW.jpgIJ3qllk.jpg

MSFS 2020

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Posted (edited)

Near Aspen:

cPHaxmS.jpg

MSFS 2024 (trailer 2)

ggxRhSY.jpgkSrl8NC.jpg

MSFS 2020

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pisagua, Chile:

yWnhrVO.jpg

MSFS 2024 (trailer 2)

ltruddc.jpg

MSFS 2020

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Aside from the lighting, I don't see much difference between the two versions as far as imagery goes. I'm not sure, but maybe the DEM is a little more detailed in the Aspen 2024 screenshot (e.g. that ridge on the bottom right). Hard to say. The snow definitely looks better in MSFS 2024.  

This mountain looks amazing (photogrammetry I guess). Unfortunately I haven't found it yet. Any ideas where it could be?

jdpbnjZ.jpg

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Pisagua, Chile:

yWnhrVO.jpg

MSFS 2024 (trailer 2)

Ouch... that water looks terrible... The waves are WAY TOO BIG! Totally out of proportion! Asif they pasted a close up shot from water into the picture. I really prefer the 2020 screenshot when it comes to the water...

Nice comparisons btw!

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Aside from the lighting, I don't see much difference between the two versions as far as imagery goes. I'm not sure, but maybe the DEM is a little more detailed on the Aspen 2024 screenshot (e.g. that ridge on the bottom right). Hard to say.

This mountain looks amazing (photogrammetry I guess). Unfortunately I haven't found it yet. Any ideas?

jdpbnjZ.jpg

Along with Lighting(global illumination), shadows, sky rendering, atmospheric haze and dynamic range of colours are also much improved. Msfs2024 looks like a pre rendered cutscene compared to 2020.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Ullsfjorden, Norway:

xTZDcOy.jpg

MSFS 2024 (trailer 2)

UZUdrpv.jpguvgwleo.jpg

MSFS 2020

• Like 1

This thunderstorm screenshot impressed me the most. Love the blueish lighting on CB clouds. The evening blue light when the sun goes down is perfectly depicted here. This was completely missing from 2020. Those clouds look dangerous although their form and shape could be further improved.

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

This thunderstorm screenshot impressed me the most. Love the blueish lighting on CB clouds. The evening blue light when the sun goes down is perfectly depicted here. This was completely missing from 2020. Those clouds look dangerous although their form and shape could be further improved.

Shame you won’t see them on the weather radar and can simply fly through them……

-.-

1 hour ago, MySound said:

Shame you won’t see them on the weather radar and can simply fly through them……

Oh? where did you see this information for 2024?

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Posted (edited)

Here's the ones I made as mentioned by Shack95

Spoiler

nq9Tnet.pngAHhrHML.png

U2vv08S.png

x9xaSzN.png

pKb3hUW.png

E9D7Gwo.png

qfpAWuW.png

yv9FU0S.png

ti3Yrs0.png

tMy3YMH.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Here's the ones I made as mentioned

Hmm, your LA screenshot looks better than the one from the trailer. I guess (hope) that's because of the zoom.

4 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Hmm, your LA screenshot looks better than the one from the trailer. I guess (hope) that's because of the zoom.

I guess it's the youtube compression. It will never look as crisp as an actual screenshot from your own screen.

Also, as always, I like the comparisons you do. It's best way yo see if there are any changes/improvements. 

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel