Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Wilco/Feelthere's Cessna Citation X

Hi,I'm thinking of buying Wilco/Feelthere's Cessna Citation X and would appreciate some input from current owners of this a/c - both pros and cons - are you happy with it?Thanks in advance!

Richard Åsberg

>Hi,>>I'm thinking of buying Wilco/Feelthere's Cessna Citation X and>would appreciate some input from current owners of this a/c ->both pros and cons - are you happy with it?>>Thanks in advance!There is a review in either PC Pilot or Computer Pilot magazine.I don't think it has auto-throttle but there is a patch/mod somewhere to add that missing feature.

Guest JIMJAM

Bought my CitationX in 2007.Not sure what if anything has been changed but my guess its still just another fs9 port. That said....IMOPros-Not alot of biz jets to choose from and its looks great from the outside.Flight model and panels looked good.Cons- The VC textures are pretty BAD. I understand you have got to cut some corners especially in FSX because this one ate fps.Even the eye candy version looked dated to me.I wish I could give you mine since I do not fly it.I refuse to buy ANY more addons that are fs9 carry overs.Its not that bad and remember enjoying it but for $40 plus $$$ they can keep it.Hard to explain but it just did not excite me and I love the real X.I also owned the other CitationX but again its another bandaged fs9 carry over.PS-This is from a current thread about their new release"Even more stupid was when I purchased their Citation X. So many bugs even after it has been on the market for so long. Some of the cockpit graphics look like they were designed in MS Paint by a 5 year old too. That was another costly ($50) mistake.It seems that Wilco and Feelthere rush to get products out to fill a niche in the market. I truly believe they have no pride in their work. They are no better than Captain Sim, in fact it seems to me that CS at least produce nice looking stuff unlike Feelthere's awful looking rubbish."

Guest RichUK

Don't buy it!!!!Wait for the Eaglesoft CX. You'll regret not waiting.I've said enough about Wilco / Feelthere already today.Rich.

Thanks for the input guys, even though I really would like a business jet and this one looks very nice I think I will do myself a favour not buying any products from Wilco/Feelthere both after reading what you said here but also after reading another thread in here about their newly released package where amongst others a real world pilot in detail described how badly modelled the a/c was in many aspects and ironically he also told how he offered his input and help to the developers before the release but they were not interested and he was told they already had all the help they needed... Can you recommend any other good business jet type a/c for FSX that wont disappoint you when you are used to a/cs like DAs Piper Cheyenne and the Level-D 767?

Richard Åsberg

>I don't think it has auto-throttle but there is a patch/mod>somewhere to add that missing feature. the real-world CX does not have autothrottle so the feelThere does not 'by default' have autothrottle. a cheat exists to make FS's autothrottle control the aircarft's speed when at cruise.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Scoob is correct. The real CX does not have autothrottle. In fact there are a number of real world Corporate Jets which do not have that feature:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>... Can>you recommend any other good business jet type a/c for FSX>that wont disappoint you when you are used to a/cs like DAs>Piper Cheyenne and the Level-D 767?I own all the FSX jets from Eaglesoft - and I would HIGHLY recommend the Citation II as the BEST in all areas. She is the easiest on FPS, the VC is exquisite, outstanding flight modeling just to name a few. I'm looking forward to the CJ1+ and the 2.0 version CX, but for now the Citation II will fit your needs.http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/ja...b0d1b70a6a3.jpg

WAT1460.png

>I own all the FSX jets from Eaglesoft - and I would HIGHLY>recommend the Citation II as the BEST in all areas. She is>the easiest on FPS, the VC is exquisite, outstanding flight>modeling just to name a few. >>I'm looking forward to the CJ1+ and the 2.0 version CX, but>for now the Citation II will fit your needs.>>http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii73/ja...b0d1b70a6a3.jpgThanks for the kind words Vince:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest mephix

I have Wilco's Citation X and I enjoy it, but I seem to be a minority. I haven't bought anything else from Wilco and I don't plan on buying another Aircraft Add On at all unless it's made specifically for FSX SP2. I LOVE the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche, but thier Business Class Jets are all port overs and the VC's reflect this. I bought the Citation X from Eaglesoft as well, but I fly Wilco's when I get the urge to fly one. No offense to Ron and the Eaglesoft team, just my honest opinion, and when they make an FSX business jet with the same VC quality as the Twin Comanche I'll be all over it. Out of all my aircraft add on's, the Captain Sims C-130X, the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche, the RealAir SF260, and the Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne have the highest quality VC's. I'm all about VC night lighting too. ;) Hopefully soon one of these great add on developers will create an FSX SP2 version of a Business Class Jet, but until then I'm keeping the credit card in my wallet.Thomas R. Bye Jr. (T.J.)

Sorry to differ but ALL of our FSX Corporate Jets are fully FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliant with two exceptions... CX1.0 and Beechjet/Hawker and they are both FSX/SP2 compliant. Almost forgot to say that our upcoming Premier1 is FSX/SP2 Compliant as well.CX2.0 for FSX will also be fully FSX/SP2/DX10 Compliant right out of the box.Thanks for the kind words about our other aircraft.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest mephix

Oh I'm aware their FSX SP2 "compliant" sorry if my post was misleading. I meant that I want it to be built from the ground up for FSX SP2 with the highest texture quality available. The VC's in the Eaglesoft Corp. Jets that are FSX SP2 DX10 compliant seem to look the same as the VC's for FS9 at least in the screen shots, however the only in game experience I've had with one of the Eaglesoft Corp. Jets is the Citation X. For example look at the 2'nd VC shot in this series: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/PTCss.htm The VC shots in this series: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/ibosh...24044080,D10283then compare them to the first VC screen shot in this series: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CIIss.htm I'm in no way shape or form bashing Eaglesoft, like I said earlier the Twin Comanche is one of, if not my favorite GA aircraft in my hanger, with one of the greatest flight models ever (not to mention the nicest staff), but when someone pulls off a Corp. Jet with a VC like the Comanche's or the Piper Cheyennes.....I'm all over it. Again just my humble opinion.Thomas R. Bye Jr. (T.J.)

> but thier Business Class Jets are all port overs and>the VC's reflect this. I bought the Citation X from Eaglesoft>as well, but I fly Wilco's when I get the urge to fly one. No>offense to Ron and the Eaglesoft team, just my honest opinion,>and when they make an FSX business jet with the same VC>quality as the Twin Comanche I'll be all over it.You seem to be behind the curve just a bit, Tom. ;-) BTW, those screenshots of the CII are old. We definitely need some newer ones, expecially showing off the custom vc lighting... :)Both the Citation II and the Citation CJ1 are FSX purpose-built models, with completely new VCs featuring zoned backlighting. They also have the full suite of FSX goodness, such as bump mapping, specular mapping, fresnel ramp mapping and reflection mapping.In short, they couldn't possibly be any "FSXier" than they are! :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest mephix

You're kidding? Consider it bought then, and yes I am behind the curve and not just in flight simulation. I was only going off the screen shots on the FSX Citation II portion of your purchase page as that's all I had. I normally search Youtube for any player/developer made videos, and the developers screen shots which normally are too few. Youtube has one Citation II video, but it's FS9. Man if you had some better screen shots and an FSX video to boot, I'd bet you'd sell a hellofa lot more Citation II's and CJ1's. ;) Thanks for the heads up. I'm off to search for some screen shots and video's of your "completely new VCs featuring zoned backlighting, bump mapping, specular mapping, fresnel ramp mapping and reflection mapping."Thomas R. Bye Jr.