Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How to bind 'Enter Aircraft' in MSFS 2024?

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I'm new to 2024 and can't figure out how to remove things like engine covers or pitot tube covers. Searching YouTube for basic tutorials for this should not be this difficult. 

If your goal is to essentially bypass the preflight walk around, there is a Quick Preflight binding that will do it all in one shot. And if you combine that with the Take Control of Character binding (use the same keys for both, like Shift+C) it will put you directly into the cockpit.

Al

Edited by ark

What I am trying to accomplish is to click on a cover or wheel chock and simply remove the item. I've seen others accomplish this simple task on YouTube by turning the item blue, then clicking and removing the item. Of course when I attempt this simple task, it doesn't work. I'm missing something and considering how many years I've been doing this, it's embarrassing to even have to ask this this. 

Thanks for your help.

  • Author
16 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

What I am trying to accomplish is to click on a cover or wheel chock and simply remove the item. I've seen others accomplish this simple task on YouTube by turning the item blue, then clicking and removing the item. Of course when I attempt this simple task, it doesn't work. I'm missing something and considering how many years I've been doing this, it's embarrassing to even have to ask this this. 

Thanks for your help.

You may have to walk up really close to click it.  Also try right clicking in the area then left clicking.

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

33 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

What I am trying to accomplish is to click on a cover or wheel chock and simply remove the item.

If you're using the default key bindings, you can press the c key to crouch to get closer to the chock to make this a bit easier. Press c again to stand upright again.

40 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

I've seen others accomplish this simple task on YouTube by turning the item blue, then clicking and removing the item.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but note the item turns "blue" because they are using the Modern interaction (mouse) system instead of the Legacy system.

Edited by ark

2 minutes ago, ark said:

I don't know if it makes any difference, but note the item turns "blue" because they are using the Modern interaction system instead of the Legacy system.

This is a good point, because some planes don't use the new system... The Just Flight Arrows, for instance, seem to control this via their custom EFB even though the plane was updated for 2024. (Or maybe I didn't get close enough, but if that is the case the click area is more sensitive than it is for most planes)

Thank you all for invaluable support. As a result, I've learned a fair amount about walkaround mode and various key functions such as changing the mouse mode from 'Legacy' to 'Lock' ('Modern') but it does take some getting used to. I didn't realize there so many differences from FS 2020. 

Thanks again. 

  • 1 year later...

As Alvega said in the 2nd message, "Take Control of Character" to get in or out of the plane. Assign it to a controller. Or to a keypress. Such as o. But mapping it to right shift Zero is more fun, especially when wearing a VR helmet.

5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.

 

On 7/6/2025 at 3:01 PM, Les Parson said:

Thank you all for invaluable support. As a result, I've learned a fair amount about walkaround mode and various key functions such as changing the mouse mode from 'Legacy' to 'Lock' ('Modern') but it does take some getting used to. I didn't realize there so many differences from FS 2020. 

Thanks again. 

One other thing to bear in mind that I discovered in msfs2024 was that if you are trying to remove covers from pitot tubes e.g A350, then you need to tilt the view up enough to be able to access the clickable hot spot for that item. Some times that clickable hotspot while visible is not accessible because the dynamic in-sim menu has a habit of blocking that clickable area i.e not active. Tilting the view further up resolves that issue.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
MSFS2024 SU5.1 & P3D v5.3 HF2

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.