December 12, 2025Dec 12 11 hours ago, ryanbatc said: why in the world do you still have an optical drive? I've not had one in my PC since 2013 or so. Me too. But I recently stuck an "old" (actually new unused) one in my non-sim desktop system so that I can watch old DVDs/BDs late at night if I feel like it. Handy for those insomniac moments. Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case. Sims in use - 2020, 2024, XP-12 and -11, FSX/SE, P3Dv4.5 and v5.4. DCS and AFS2 installed but rarely used
December 12, 2025Dec 12 11 hours ago, ryanbatc said: I must ask though - why in the world do you still have an optical drive? I've not had one in my PC since 2013 or so..... I would have seriously considered adding one to my new PC if my collection of DVD movies worked on a computer. They do not seem to run in any external DVD drives that I have attached to my current PC Christopher Low AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme UK2000 Beta Tester
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Commercial Member 37 minutes ago, Christopher Low said: I would have seriously considered adding one to my new PC if my collection of DVD movies worked on a computer. They do not seem to run in any external DVD drives that I have attached to my current PC Region issue? Maybe they are region locked? not flightsim lol, but this happens. google it. 9800X3d, 4090, 64 GB DDR5 6000 RAM, 4 TB NVME (2x2), 4K Ultra + FramegenI'm the developer of FFB-Bridge. https://ffb-bridge.com. Been on these forums as JonathanC for many years, so decided not to change that as you all know me!
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Considering that they are all UK purchased DVDs, I highly doubt that this is a region issue. I am also reasonably certain that I have watched them on my computer in the past. Christopher Low AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme UK2000 Beta Tester
December 12, 2025Dec 12 Commercial Member Try right-clicking the drive icon and seeing if "Autoplay" is enabled when a DVD is in there. Developer of Self-Loading Cargo - The Cabin Crew and Passenger Simulation Addon for MSFS, X-Plane, P3D and FSX
Create an account or sign in to comment