4 hours ago4 hr I’m trying to reduce my buying habits somewhat, so just wondering what I’d get with this aircraft that I don’t already have with the Centurion ? 787 captain. Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.
1 hour ago1 hr I feel like I've been burned so many times - Carenado's work is always beautiful from the outside, but has been buggy and lacking in the cockpit... I'm again tempted, but going to wait for more reviews about this before deciding... Tom
1 hour ago1 hr 3 hours ago, jon b said:I’m trying to reduce my buying habits somewhat, so just wondering what I’d get with this aircraft that I don’t already have with the Centurion ?Welded gear 😄I'm in exactly the same boat. I know people are seeing (and pointing out) some good firsts for Carenado with this, but I'm seeing things like (i) exactly the same panel that's in so many of their other aircraft, (ii) same KFC225 autopilot that's in everything, etc. Even with the new features I don't think it will float my boat. I have their 210 and fly it for about 5 minutes per year. Just too 'samey' as an aircraft type. Flying Carenado these days just feels soulless, compared to Black Square, A2A, COWS, etc. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by JYW Bill 😎FS2024 • Currently enjoying : ISW Evektor EV-97, A2A Comanche 2024 & Aerostar • Black Square Commander 114, Bonanzas, Barons, C208, TBM850, Dukes • COWS DA40 & DA42 • FSW Legacy, C24R Sierra & C414 • Echo Falco F8L • Got Friends A32 Vixxen • FSReborn Sirius TL3000 • Flying Fries Gabriel 160TR • Flyboy Rans S6S • Skyward DA50RG • SWS Zenith CH701, RV-8, RV-10, RV-14 • Bagolu C172M & ICP Savannah Currently flying IRL: Evektor EV-97 EuroStar, Pipersport SportCruiser, Aeroprakt A32 Vixxen, Bristell Classic, TL Sirius TL-3000, Rans S6LSTrackIR • BeyondATC • PMS GTN Payware • RealTurb • Axis & Ohs9800X3D • RTX 3080 • 64GB DDR5-6000Former PPL IR, grounded by diabetes. Now UK NPPL(M)
1 hour ago1 hr 3 hours ago, jon b said:I’m trying to reduce my buying habits somewhat, so just wondering what I’d get with this aircraft that I don’t already have with the Centurion ?206 has passenger, cargo, tundra, amphibian and skydiving variants. The Centurion is just passenger. I bought the 206 mainly because I wanted the amphibian and cargo variants. Alvega CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White
1 hour ago1 hr Author I won't buy it because I only fly the HJET but was impressed by the fact that this is the first Carenado review where someone actually liked the FM. Only $20.dd Edited 58 minutes ago58 min by Sky_Pilot071
39 minutes ago39 min My impression is that their products are visually appealing, inside and out. However, I think a few shortcomings could be addressed relatively easily by adjusting certain configuration files.For that reason, I'm not interested in the Marketplace versions. Some of those files are protected, which prevents users from making further adjustments to suit their preferences. There may also be other limitations or inconveniences associated with selling products through the Marketplace.I suspect I am not the only customer who feels this way. Regardless, I believe the developers would be better served by offering their products through their own store as well as the Marketplace. Why limit themselves to a single distribution channel when they could offer both options?Letting customers choose where they buy their products would give those who prefer greater flexibility the option to make their own adjustments, while still accommodating customers who prefer the Marketplace's convenience. In my view, offering both options could broaden their customer base and potentially increase overall sales. Freshly retired after 41 unforgettable years on the Boeing 747. The flying days may be behind me, but the memories never will be. Now I have the privilege of sharing those experiences—and continuing to learn alongside the next generation of pilots—in the Level D simulator. Aviation has a way of keeping us all pilots, no matter how many hours we've logged.
3 minutes ago3 min Just flew the standard wheel pasenger version in Eastern Canada out of Gander & executed a very clean ILS 3-point "autoland" on Rwy 27 at CYJT. Achievable in calm conditions when you are delicate with the flaps & throttle. Also trying to learn the EDM.With the number of variants I feel it is worth what is being charged. Very versatile package.T45
Create an account or sign in to comment