Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Peter Sidoli

What an interesting flight. Sounds like you need to be a diplomat as well as a pilot.I think FSX is just hitting its stride. Some fantastic add on planes, scenery and utilities have finally arrived. Too bad I am stuck in a hotel room with only my laptop.Welcome back. I would look forward to more flight descriptions.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Hi Peter, Yes, you have been missed. Glad to hear you're still flying. Keep up the great stories and bring on the pics.Regards,Bob Lyddy

Guest Lith1um

You make me want to quit my job and go with you. Quite an adventure.

Peter:Was going to post and see if anyone knew where you had gone.I seem to remember you mentioning some AHEM! marital difficulties andwas hoping that you were not sleeping in a cardboard box somewhere:-roll A buddy of mine came home from a week on the road and found a completelybare house and equally bare bank accounts.My EX was thoughtful enough to leave a mattress, blanket, table and chair, one set of silverware, a cast iron skillet, and the fridge.Seems she didn't need the fridge as it was furnished in her apartment.Anyhow....Welcome back!!!

Guest RonB49

Hi Peter,It is good to "hear your voice" again. I'd been wondering about you. R-

Hi, Peter.Many times I was wondering how you were. You just vanished, it can be a bit worrisome in this business especially.I get some guys from GB building hours, it seems like it

Hi Peter,Very good to hear from you and would love to see the shots of your adventure... and many others ;). As Geoff will tell you I got stung by Baron fever last year and haven't been able to think of anything else. You missed a lot of frustration with FSX but with SP2 (get Acceleration) I am finally finding that I do in fact like it. As a matter of fact FSX w/SP2 has finally managed to capture some of that magic "feel" that Richard Harvey managed to portray so many years ago with Fly.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Peter Sidoli

>I seem to remember you mentioning some AHEM! marital difficulties andwas hoping that you were not sleeping in a cardboard box somewhere:-roll A buddy of mine came home from a week on the road and found a completelybare house and equally bare bank accounts.

Guest bstolle

Hi Peter,Nice to have an 'oldtimer' back :)As a must have I'd say SP2.I've got the SP2 that comes with the Acceleration add-on 'cause as a real life airline-only-pilot I didn't want to the miss carrier ops and very high performance AC ;)Otherwise FSX is very nice already out of the box.No way of going back to FS9. For the 'other' part I see surprisingly many similarities...The day before yesterday we flew VIE-ORD as far as 67N.We had a (very seldom) great view of iceland, greenland, etc..Very impressive. Such flights make life easier as I'm divorced for the second time and just in the process of parting with my long time girlfriend. No fun at all. (At least this time it isn't THAT expensive)Anyway, you'll see FSX is very nice (BTW, x-plane also improved very much in the meantime!)Regards and keep the blue side up :)Bernt Capt 767

Hi Peter,Welcome back... It has been a while. Always enjoyed your input including the real world photo's and your desire for more real world atmospherics.FSX is great now that we have a second patch. It's running great on my PC.Cheers and keep those corporates happy,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32

Well in Fla or the South of Spain a cardboard box might not be toobad, but where I live they're kinda drafty.:-violin Yes and I'd always heard "If it comes equipped with tires or ___you gonna have trouble with it.":-zhelp As to the racy vs the durable,hopefully you'll outgrow the finicky, High Maintenance equipment.I believe it was W.C. Fields who said "Ah yes; I was once married to abeautiful blond......She drove me to drink....it's the only thing I'mindebted to her for." :-badteeth :-beerchug

Welcome back, Peter. I wondered where you had gone off to. Always enjoyed your posts.I am loving FSX more every day. Took a while and a new system (so what else did you expect?) but it is an exceptional bit of software. The quality of the add-ons like Active Sky and Ground Environment X make it so much more enjotable. Fired up FS9 on an old system the other night and it just doesn't even come close.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 betaKandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Peter, I just rejoined this forum yesterday after years of just lurking and being waay more involved with the home sim building side of FS. I now have a Learjet 45 full size flight sim, and I have to say that FS9 looks great with it, but I look forward to FSX once I get a new PC. Peter, although Ive been gone from posting here for a long time, I remember your 'face' around here and it's good to hear from you.To Chris Porter in Perth, were you aware that there is a few full size sim builders in your neck of the woods that would probably be glad to host you over to see their sims? Check out www.mycockpit.org and lookup a bloke named Westozy. Tell him that Eric Tomlin sent you from MC.org.