Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Brighter terrain, darker cloud shadows - DONE!

Does look amazing but can you post some dusk or dawn shots - are the trees and buildings still to bright ? thanks 

Trees and building are not bright anymore, tested. :)

Currently tweaking sunset texture, will post in the screenshots forum as soon as I finish it.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Trees and building are not bright anymore, tested. :)

Currently tweaking sunset texture, will post in the screenshots forum as soon as I finish it.

Awesome can you post your updated files - would be much appreciated - thank you for the work  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Thanks for your work Pe11e... please post up all your tweaked files when you're ready! :)

Following this!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Applied tweak for darker autogen in the shade, adjusted haze hue and shadow color in sky_noon_x.bmp and this is the result, I think this is the most amazing visual setup I've done so far, it looks AMAZING:

Dwm%202016-04-10%2002-50-34-54_cr_zpsk4v

Dwm%202016-04-10%2002-56-06-55_cr_zps6xz

Currently settled at 0.3 terrain shadows, and 0.5 autogen shadows.

Also after I enabled multiple visibility layers in ASN, suddenly haze and the whole ambient looks so much better, so much closer to the real life view from FL 350.

Maybe I should only lighten cockpit shadows a bit, but this is very close! I'm in heaven!

ASN and mult vis layers I have enabled too. It needs vol fog on to work though. I presume that you have it set that way.

What does the haze tweak add compared to ASN ( mult vis layers + vol fog ) as the last one also show a haze ?

And another thing about haze : in the default situation with ASN ( mult vis layers + vol fog ) the vertical haze changes when climbing above 17000-18000 ft. It almost disappears.

Is there a tweak for too ?

Keep up the good work :-)

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I think there is no correct when it comes to tweak/mods like this. There only is 'I like it' or 'I don't like it'. And beside the tweaks a LOT depends on monitor settings (software as well as hardware). What may look awesome on one PC may look terrible on another because of this.

I totally agree. You are simply very right J van E.  For instance, I have a Samsung monitor, that has the Dynamic Contrast feature.  What this feature does, is parses contrast with each second, and automatically adjusts the brightness/contrast ratio to its best algorithm.  If I pan up towards the bright sky, it will change, If I pan down from looking above the plane it will change.  Then of course, when I snap a screen grab..depending on the settings of each other viewer's monitor...it will be either brighter, or darker than what I see, live time. Even the color saturation levels of each monitor comes into play.

Some have asked why my grabs are dark, or seem to lack the color saturation they feel should be seen there, by their preferences.  Well...on my system, it has been  adjusted to create my thoughts of what a virtual world should look like.  It might not translate out, upon the user's monitor, unless the O.P. had very bright and color saturated scenes to upload. 

I would say, that because of how I like a more natural, muted conservative tone to the virtual world, that when viewing my screen grabs...a user just adjust their brightness/contrast controls...until they see what suits them.  That's all you can do, really.  Then, there are those that like my shots just as they see them played out on their current brightness/contrast monitor settings.

It all comes down to personal taste...totally....

Cheers,

The ratio in general.fx works also on 3D cockpit shadow, so if you set 0.1f, you'll need a lighter to find the throttle :Tounge:

Please can you tell me which line? 

thank you !

please ..

it looks AMAZING

That does look very good. The haze is emulating scattering quite nicely, with that realistic blue tinge. You now have P3D looking a lot like XPX :P

Pre-dawn/post-dusk clouds with HDR are still an issue for me, but overall I feel this sim is looking great.

It would be nice if someone with enough skills could make something along the lines of FSWC to manage all these shader tweaks in a more usable way. It could be a nice little earner, if someone wanted to sell their work, like the authors of DX10 fixer and SHADE did.

please ..

Line 663, as written by KNOSSOS in post #79

I'm a little bit  lost with the haze subject:

- If I enable the Haze tweak, am I supposed to disable the Volumetric fog?

With both enabled, the far horizon haze is mostly blue, not very realistic.

Also with Vol fog disabled, I can see the haze straight limit with upon specific view direction (remember Fsx ).

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Applied tweak for darker autogen in the shade, adjusted haze hue and shadow color in sky_noon_x.bmp and this is the result, I think this is the most amazing visual setup I've done so far, it looks AMAZING:

Dwm%202016-04-10%2002-50-34-54_cr_zpsk4v

Dwm%202016-04-10%2002-56-06-55_cr_zps6xz

Currently settled at 0.3 terrain shadows, and 0.5 autogen shadows.

Also after I enabled multiple visibility layers in ASN, suddenly haze and the whole ambienzt looks so much better, so much closer to the real life view from FL 350.

Maybe I should only lighten cockpit shadows a bit, but this is very close! I'm in heaven!

Can you poste your new shader files, pease?

Does this shader have any impact at the performence?

Line 663, as written by KNOSSOS in post #79

I'm a little bit  lost with the haze subject:

- If I enable the Haze tweak, am I supposed to disable the Volumetric fog?

With both enabled, the far horizon haze is mostly blue, not very realistic.

Also with Vol fog disabled, I can see the haze straight limit with upon specific view direction (remember Fsx ).

I tested the haze with volumetric fog and default weather. With ASN haze lóoks much better with multiple visibility layers enabled. Also haze color strictly depends on the sky texture. So if you don't like the haze, install another sky theme from REX or else. I will include my custom sky textures used in these screenshots in the next shader pack.

Can you poste your new shader files, pease?

Does this shader have any impact at the performence?

I will release the new pack in the next 48h.

No impact on perormance whatsoever, unless you enable recieve shadow on autogen.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I tested the haze with volumetric fog and default weather. With ASN haze lóoks much better with multiple visibility layers enabled. Also haze color strictly depends on the sky texture. So if you don't like the haze, install another sky theme from REX or else. I will include my custom sky textures used in these screenshots in the next shader pack.

No impact on perormance whatsoever, unless you enable recieve shadow on autogen.

Looking forward to the update Pe11e - Thanks :)

Wills

I love your sky lectures, and sky textures.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity