Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

P3D 3.4 Experience Thread

Everybody with a lot of addons can run into VAS issues in some areas (e.g. FTX SCAL, FSDT KLAX with PMDG T7) if settings are high.

I think V3.4.9 is great. I flew one of the longest real-time sessions, yesterday.  I started in Nevada, then flew directly west towards the California coast.  Flew in live time from Oakland, to San Diego,  FLEW Back to L.A.....landed for a touch and go coming in from the ocean, took off....flew to Palm Spring, and ended there.  Was a really early evening, into the late night affair.  NEVER CTD, no OOM...and I watched in my overclock software, the memory load in for the graphics card.  I went as high as 2.8 GB's, and watched it climb, and go down in volume as I progressed.  I think the VAS management started in v3.0 is really working, and doing its thing.  This was with all VFR rules. No 3rP tubes.

Smooth animation...I really think this version is a clear all-round winner!

P3D v3.4.9/W10 Pro

EVGA FTW 1070 8GB

• Upvote 1

I think V3.4.9 is great. I flew one of the longest real-time sessions, yesterday.  I started in Nevada, then flew directly west towards the California coast.  Flew in live time from Oakland, to San Diego,  FLEW Back to L.A.....landed for a touch and go coming in from the ocean, took off....flew to Palm Spring, and ended there.  Was a really early evening, into the late night affair.  NEVER CTD, no OOM...and I watched in my overclock software, the memory load in for the graphics card.  I went as high as 2.8 GB's, and watched it climb, and go down in volume as I progressed.  I think the VAS management started in v3.0 is really working, and doing its thing.  This was with all VFR rules. No 3rP tubes.

Smooth animation...I really think this version is a clear all-round winner!

P3D v3.4.9/W10 Pro

EVGA FTW 1070 8GB

I am flying now in the A2A Cherokee, over Orbx North California scenery, with heavy overcast, and seeing 60 FPS on my almost 4 year old i5 desktop with a GTX 750 TI GPU.  Couldn't be happier. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This certainly does feel smoother..

Looking forward to flying FSL's A320 in it.

Everybody with a lot of addons can run into VAS issues in some areas (e.g. FTX SCAL, FSDT KLAX with PMDG T7) if settings are high.

Agreed but the overall VAS has yet again increased  again  and this time seems to be increasing during flight . This in general has no effect on GA aircraft but when flying the likes of ifly 747 you  need every last bit of VAS you can get . 3.2.3 was great,  3.3 was a disaster for vas improved with hotfix. 3.4 has seen another increase in like for like situations. I lost all orbx regions going up to 3.3 and vector on just main highways. This time around vector has to come off altogether . Autogen on sparse already lost hyperthreading on my I7. Seriously considering going from 2048 to 1024 textures. As well to help . Adjusting L.O.D just means it takes longer to OOM it does not in my experience save you VAS only on a single position. When you first load an airport . AI I am down to 50 planes only. They effect CPU but in general I have found very  little VAS saving.Clouds are 1024 and cirrus 512. Every flight I  make I have to save and restart before landing to clear out of memory of  the long departed payware airport. Making many programs like fspassengers a no go as don't allow saving. This is the same for the pmdg 737 and to a lesser extent the aerosoft airbus.Orbx has made matters worse by not allowing you to deactivate regions . I disable them manually.  Is it not about time LM dealt with this issue not ebery one flys small GA planes . ​I am fed up with hearing your settings are too high.They are not they are low for computer I am using I7 and gtx 1070.

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Orbx has made matters worse by not allowing you to deactivate regions . I disable them manually.

I have never wasted time switching ORBx regions/packages on and off with FTX Central. I just disable them manually in the Scenery Library. It saves having to move them all again when FTX Central forces them to the top. Having said that, I only have one region installed (FTX Northern Ireland) and most of the FTX UK airports and airfields (including EGPB Sumburgh), even though I use PlayHorizon VFR Photographic scenery. I enable and disable photographic scenery volumes for the UK and Republic of Ireland based on what I need to keep VAS usage in check to a certain extent.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Agreed but the overall VAS has yet again increased  again  and this time seems to be increasing during flight . This in general has no effect on GA aircraft but when flying the likes of ifly 747 you  need every last bit of VAS you can get . 3.2.3 was great,  3.3 was a disaster for vas improved with hotfix. 3.4 has seen another increase in like for like situations. I lost all orbx regions going up to 3.3 and vector on just main highways. This time around vector has to come off altogether . Autogen on sparse already lost hyperthreading on my I7. Seriously considering going from 2048 to 1024 textures. As well to help . Adjusting L.O.D just means it takes longer to OOM it does not in my experience save you VAS only on a single position. When you first load an airport . AI I am down to 50 planes only. They effect CPU but in general I have found very  little VAS saving.Clouds are 1024 and cirrus 512. Every flight I  make I have to save and restart before landing to clear out of memory of  the long departed payware airport. Making many programs like fspassengers a no go as don't allow saving. This is the same for the pmdg 737 and to a lesser extent the aerosoft airbus.Orbx has made matters worse by not allowing you to deactivate regions . I disable them manually.  Is it not about time LM dealt with this issue not ebery one flys small GA planes . ​I am fed up with hearing your settings are too high.They are not they are low for computer I am using I7 and gtx 1070.

Well said, I have the same issue, pmdg737, a320 etc . Hope for a update because this is becoming rediculous, so Nemo do you only fly vfr planes?

I am flying now in the A2A Cherokee, over Orbx North California scenery, with heavy overcast, and seeing 60 FPS on my almost 4 year old i5 desktop with a GTX 750 TI GPU.  Couldn't be happier. 

Of course you do not have vas issues in that airplane. The people talking about vas issues are those that fly aircraft like PMDG.

First I thought this time I will skip updating and rather wait for P3Dv4 since my P3Dv3.3.5 was running just fine but then I decided to give the latest version a go anyway with a good backup of my system in my back pocket should anything go wrong.

In the past when I updated P3D I always went the full path doing a complete uninstall/install but this time I decided to try just updating the client as has been suggested and the result...everything working real good and might of course be the famous placebo effect but I do find the sim to be more smooth as others said as well. However that is really hard to say if it indeed does run more smooth or if it's just me wanting it to be more smooth after upgrading and reading others claim that has been the case.

The only thing I need to look into is the dialog boxes for both AS16 and GSX don't look perfectly fine. The size of the text is too big for the dialog boxes so will have to use the next option quite a lot to move from one page to the next. I do remember this issue from a previous upgrade where people ran into this same problem after only upgrading the client and the solution was to also upgrade the content pack IIRC. Guess that is the case this time around as well so will do that tomorrow and then I guess I'll update the scenery pack as well. I just need to figure out what more products I'll then have to reinstall...all my Orbx stuff I guess as well as VFX and any other products that installed stuff into the texture folder.

All in all though I'm really pleased with the upgrade and it always does feel good to be on the latest version.

Richard Åsberg

Well.... there is always one donkey that will take the carrot I suppose - so, here I go.  You have an i7.xxx? and a GTX 1070.... and you have to disable Orbx Vector, use sparse Autogen, suffer 1024 clouds (or less) AND you have to manually disable Orbx Regions as well?

Phew.....!!

That is one helluva downer list Bro!  Suggestion? Take your Rig out the back and shoot it. Go and buy a proper Rig, install P3D (and associated add-ons) properly and come back and tell us all what we already know.

Regards and commiserations,

• Upvote 2

Well.... there is always one donkey that will take the carrot I suppose - so, here I go.  You have an i7.xxx? and a GTX 1070.... and you have to disable Orbx Vector, use sparse Autogen, suffer 1024 clouds (or less) AND you have to manually disable Orbx Regions as well?

Phew.....!!

That is one helluva downer list Bro!  Suggestion? Take your Rig out the back and shoot it. Go and buy a proper Rig, install P3D (and associated add-ons) properly and come back and tell us all what we already know.

Regards and commiserations,

Thank you for your kind and helpful suggestions which many readers will take advice from . I have learnt a lot from it .
  • Upvote 2

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Cannow,  Apologies if I offended you ... and I appreciate your ironic riposte but - if you are running an i7.xx and a GTX 1070 as you state - then I suspect that your problems lie within your expectations and not the platform.

Regards, 

Thank you for your kind and helpful suggestions which many readers will take advice from . I have learnt a lot from it .

Cannow,  Apologies if I offended you ... and I appreciate your ironic riposte but - if you are running an i7.xx and a GTX 1070 as you state - then I suspect that your problems lie within your expectations and not the platform.

Regards, 

there is a vas issue with the platform bud  especially with complex aircraft which has been around for years  I suspect you have a pretty boring platform with no adons

there is a vas issue with the platform bud  especially with complex aircraft which has been around for years  I suspect you have a pretty boring platform with no adons

Absolutely no VAS issues here flying the PMDGs in and out of add-on airports over Orbx Global, Vector and openLC EU. Must be a problem with your settings.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Absolutely no VAS issues here flying the PMDGs in and out of add-on airports over Orbx Global, Vector and openLC EU. Must be a problem with your settings.

could you be so kind and post your settings

Seconded.. I even fly return legs without restarting the sim.

(Meme ref: we got an badass over here)

• Upvote 1