Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

News on DTG Simulator is coming soon!

The last screenshot majuh posted reminded me of the scattering seen in Outerra.

other than that, yeah, i was expecting to see some warmer colours or something like that. But i am sure it's just something weather related. I am eager to see something more

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

...do you folks think those screen shots look good (maybe old age is kicking in)?

Nope. Bad screenshots and off colors, but I do like the atmospheric effect. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Just food for thought, they say "that both Flight School and Flight Simulator are based on an evolution of Flight Simulator X technology". MS Flight was an evolution of Flight Simulator X technology. Maybe they just phrased it that way in order to prevent a backlash?

Here is another screenshot, apparently depicting Innsbruck airport without buildings:

Where do you get the screenshots from? Can`t find any in Twitter,FB, Steam Forum or anywhere else.

btw:  they look like they are basd from MSFlight.

Flight School will be an interesting diversion. I'm not that excited about it, but I'll definitely pick it up. Hopefully it will also get more people on-board the flightsim hobby.

Microsoft Flight wasn't terrible. The DLC concept was new to them, so they kind of messed up that with the $15 cockpitless planes etc. They actually released a few decent aircraft in the end, and even the large Alaska expansion, but that was just weeks before the whole project was killed off. Flight simmers are no strangers to "DLC" since that's essentially what the whole hobby is built around, only we don't call it "DLC" (who flies with only the stock scenery, aircraft etc. in P3D or FSX?).

It will also be interesting to see in which direction they take their "evolution" of the FSX graphics engine. LM have already evolved and tuned the graphics engine for several years since P3D 2.0, but they seem to have focused on adding bells and whistles rather than optimizing. Judging by the screen shots, the autogen and scenery is more sparse, but with more dramatic lighting and atmospheric effects. They will probably aim for a broad range of target systems. Personally I had hoped for a "clean break" with the ancient, decade-old FSX technology and all its bottlenecks, bugs and reliance on outdated hardware features. A licensed, modern 3D engine would have been more exciting. They tend to run at 60 FPS on modern hardware, while looking much better than anything P3D or FSX can achieve even at 5 FPS. But we'll see what kind of magic they can pull off.

• Upvote 2

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Interesting....  Good news for all

I believe the volumetric smoke has risen.

Interesting news for sure.

In the past, the term "accessible' does not bode well for sims. Will have to wait and see.

Well, back before Microsoft Flight came out, I did lots of comparison screenshots between it and FSX. I suppose it's only fitting that I do it again with Flight School:

Flight Simulator X

TJuFTef.jpg

DTG Flight School

DiMCkNZ.jpg

My FSX is mostly default besides DX10 Fixer and a tweak to the size of the airport lights. My camera angle/aircraft position isn't perfect, but it's pretty close.

I suspect they applied some sort of color correction in Photoshop. Really would look better without it IMO.

• Upvote 1

Brandon Filer

I think DTG has been pretty smart, if I am understanding this right. Flight school will hopefully be a fun and interesting (and lower cost) place for less experienced simmers to explore and grow and unabashedly play, while with the promise of a more detailed experience on the horizon later, enthusiasts will have much less incentive to come in and accost the newbies as happened with FLIGHT.

I admit I was wondering (even a bit worried) how they were going to keep the two markets from interfering with each other, and this is a good compromise on Wobbies concept of separate sims for different levels.

Looking closely at the picture just above this post however, I hope this doesn't mark the continuation of FSX flat-ribbon roads......  :sad:

• Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

My camera angle/aircraft position isn't perfect

You could have fooled me :-)

Those shots are so little to go on (nice way of saying I'm not too impressed).  At least they are "tipping their hand" just a bit.  Lets just hope they get it right in the end, and take comfort that this sim is not beholden to commercial customers.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I don't want to be a pessimist but I think they are just going to an LM on FSX and just slam it with 64bit without doing the optimization first like LM have said they are doing. so they might beat LM to 64 bit but P3D when it gets there will be a lot better.

I suspect they applied some sort of color correction in Photoshop.

I sincerely hope that they have not done that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I sincerely hope that they have not done that.

I find it unlikely that the actual game is that oversaturated/off color. Microsoft would Photoshopped a bit of effects into Flight screenshots and did so less and less as development wrapped up. It's likely the same case here.

Most likely it's the effects of using DX11 vs 9 or 10. such as tessellation

Tesselation doesn't affect color. It's a method of efficient rendering.

Brandon Filer

Well, back before Microsoft Flight came out, I did lots of comparison screenshots between it and FSX. I suppose it's only fitting that I do it again with Flight School:

Flight Simulator X

DTG Flight School

My FSX is mostly default besides DX10 Fixer and a tweak to the size of the airport lights. My camera angle/aircraft position isn't perfect, but it's pretty close.

I suspect they applied some sort of color correction in Photoshop. Really would look better without it IMO.

Please do another one with MSFlight if you are able to. I`m pretty sure it will match more accurate ;)