Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Brighter terrain, darker cloud shadows - DONE!

You can edit the sky texture either in Paint or Photoshop, it is a standard BMP file. The bottom two rows of pixels strictly defines haze color per my testing.

Thanks for the information and I do have a follow up question. You state to make the modification to the sky_noon_x.bmp file. Are you meaning that each file (sky_noon_1.bmp, sky_noon_2.bmp, and so on) would require a color modification to the bottom two rows of pixels?  Thanks again.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks for the information and I do have a follow up question. You state to make the modification to the sky_noon_x.bmp file. Are you meaning that each file (sky_noon_1.bmp, sky_noon_2.bmp, and so on) would require a color modification to the bottom two rows of pixels?  Thanks again.

Just copy sky_noon_o to sky_noon_2, sky_noon_3, etc.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Are you meaning that each file (sky_noon_1.bmp, sky_noon_2.bmp, and so on) would require a color modification to the bottom two rows of pixels?

You need only modify one of those textures, but you then need to name that texture ten times, so, sky_noon_0 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..) so it covers the full ten day sky cycle.

Originally FSX and now P3D offered different default textures for each day, to give variety, but products such as REX unified the textures so each day is the same.

Just copy sky_noon_o to sky_noon_2, sky_noon_3, etc.

Ok, than makes it easier. Reason I ask is I have a sky texture set that I really like and want to experiment a bit. 

You need only modify one of those textures, but you then need to name that texture ten times, so, sky_noon_0 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..) so it covers the full ten day sky cycle.

Originally FSX and now P3D offered different default textures for each day, to give variety, but products such as REX unified the textures so each day is the same.

Saw your comment just after Pe11e's. Thanks for that. By the way for either you or Pe11e. Have either of you come up with any good ideas for the HDR Exposure Lock? A fix for that would be another good atmospheric improvement to go along with the others in this upcoming pack.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Have either of you come up with any good ideas for the HDR Exposure Lock?

Nothing further from the HDR lock thread myself, but I am still using this rather than turning HDR off. The advantage is you can use the HDR sliders, and retain control over Saturation and Bloom, but finding a balance between terrain and sky brightness is tricky, and tends to result is overexposed skys. Turning HDR off gives a far flatter exposure, but no control over colour, brightness or bloom, unless you use SweetFX. HDR on caused issues with low level clouds when the sun is just below the horizon, which I hope a fix for may be found at some point.

Pe11e, where is the autogen shadow/brightness to be found?

These are sky textures I will include in the shader pack V1 SP1. 

Looks good. Cant wait to download!

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I've always been afraid (lol) of trying upper visibility in ASN set at 130 miles...... it works, no more razor edge to fog layer and it didn't effect FPS.

It looks great as my current local weather is broken overcast with rain showers. 

I've still got maximum lower vis set at 35 miles.

I tried this at 2500 ft. which is my usual VFR height and it was very satisfying visuals.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Is there any possibility to replicate that amazing scattering using the shaders of the old & venerable FSX? Is there any way to translate these shaders to FSX? Until now I've not seen anything such beautiful and realistic with the ENB or similar.

I was wondering the same as I have yet to switch to P3D. Hopefully some one will chime in who knows.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think it's official now - the new version of the shader pack will include installer and config tool, where you can BACKUP original files, restore the files you want, choose what shader tweaks to install, and what version (mild, normal and strong for both terrain and autogen). All configs will come with a preview how it looks in the sim, making it much easier for you to choose.

The tool should be finished in the next 5-7 days, so stay tuned.

Cheers

• Upvote 7

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I think it's official now - the new version of the shader pack will include installer and config tool, where you can BACKUP original files, restore the files you want, choose what shader tweaks to install, and what version (mild, normal and strong for both terrain and autogen). All configs will come with a preview how it looks in the sim, making it much easier for you to choose.

The tool should be finished in the next 5-7 days, so stay tuned.

Way above expectations.  Thanks so much Pe11e

This Pack is no joke ! Its one of the best things ever ! Thank you !

Roi Ben

I will break my promise, more testing shots before release.  :Tounge:
Alps with ASN doing its thing with the haze from the shader pack.

Prepar3D%202016-04-13%2014-09-28-44_cr_z

Prepar3D%202016-04-13%2014-11-57-85_cr_z

• Upvote 4

Promises made to be broke - great shots  :wink:

Rich Sennett