Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

NAVDATA update procedures

Hi-Wondering what others are doing for NAVDATA updates. I follow 3 steps- first the Navigraph (payware) AIRAC, then PlanePath's SIDs/STARs for PMDG, then Dan Downs individual updates. Chris sent me some procedures for Europe/UK that were simply marvelous- lost his email somewhere in the transition to Vista.As far as the NaviGraph AIRAC, I generally update every 2nd or third cycle- seems more cost effective- unless I know there has been a change for routes I fly.Are there any other sources that I should be considering on a routine basis?TIA!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's exactly the procedure I use as well and highly recommend to others. I use all of Dan Down's procedures. Recently I've been doing some flying in Spain with a Spanair repaint of the PMDG 737-600 that I did. I went to www.navdata.at to get individual procedure files for some Spanish airports, worked great.

Just a note that KORD has a runway renumbered effective 5 July... both AIRAC and SIDSTAR info will have to be concurrent.

That's exactly the order I follow as well.

Hi Carl,I'm in the process of RMA-ing my new HD2900XT since it died on me :-grr and then hopefully getting this Vista rig up and running. I'd be really interested in the European SID/STARs you mentioned. Any idea where I could get them? I'm a British Airways Virtual member so a lot of my flying is done within Europe.Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Carl,We have already spoken about the proceedures...I'll e-mail them to you later when I get home from work.Does anyone else want them? (EGLL, EGKK & EGCC) I have also got some rwy hdg alterations which orientate the NAVDATA RWY position as seen in the ND correctly with the scenery at these 3 airports...I know this therefore does not reflect the RW but I think the compromise is acceptable.I'll be working on EGSS when I get a chance this month!

Gents,Tell you what...here they are - an 'Amend' file which correctly positions KAI TAK & its RNWs, it also corrects the RNW HDGs of several UK airports to reflect default & UK 2000 scenery...I know this is not as per the RW but it does position the HDGs more accurately on the ND.All you have to do is copy the right bits & overwrite them in the correct folder.Also SID/STAR Files for LHR, LGW, MAN & PIK...these are the only places in the UK to see the 744 regularly.I'll be working on EGSS (Stanstead) this month.Enjoy

>It was actually Steve Bell who sent me those superb european>SID/STARS. Steve- if you happen to read this and have updated>anything, esp. EGCC's new runway numbers, please contact me>at>cavaricooper@tampabay.rr.com>>>Thanks!>>Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgDo you have a link?

All-I'm thrilled that Steve has posted his work here. If you fly to those locales GET his procedures- they're comprehensive and accurate- simply superb.Of course Dan's SIDs and STARs are a must have as well.Thanks for your comment Tabs- I'm feeling a bit less like the shunned.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Note that this order is going to be changing next cycle because Navigraph is finally adding worldwide procedure support for PMDG. Depending on how complete and accurate they end up being, it may be all you need if you buy the cycles...

>Gents,>>Tell you what...here they are - an 'Amend' file which>correctly positions KAI TAK & its RNWs, it also corrects the>RNW HDGs of several UK airports to reflect default & UK 2000>scenery...I know this is not as per the RW but it does>position the HDGs more accurately on the ND.>>All you have to do is copy the right bits & overwrite them in>the correct folder.>>Also SID/STAR Files for LHR, LGW, MAN & PIK...these are the>only places in the UK to see the 744 regularly.>>I'll be working on EGSS (Stanstead) this month.>>EnjoyHi Steve,Where can i find your sid/star files for UK (and other countries) ?Is there a site where you upload them ?

Hi thereWhere do i find Dan Downs individual updates?THX Jean

AVSIM File Library.. easy way that works everytime is to use Extended Search and set Author = dan downs; then Order by Date. This will list all my updates with latest on top. Cycle 0712 Collection is available.

Steve B,I was interested in downloading the SID/STARS you attached in your reply, but when I tried clicking on the attachments I got the message that they are not available or the administrator may have taken them off! I use Window Vista Ultimate. Could that be a source of problem? Should that be so, can you kindly email me the info (SID-STARS) at Thanks in advance.Richard.