Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400X Livery Updates/News

Captains-This morning I have updated the 747-400X livery download pages to reflect the fact that we have updated a number of pax/freighter liveries to correct such things as color, alpha channels, or other minor items.You will find that we have added version numbers and dates to the livery pages, so it is easier to determine if you should re-download a livery...Some of you will also be happy to note that VH-OEJ, is finally available. If you don't know who VH-OEJ is... then perhaps she's the airplane of which you've been dreaming. ;-)Now a quick request for help: We received a report a few weeks back that one of the download links was sending the wrong livery. If anyone knows which link is bogus- please let me know so I can fix it. I managed to delete the report from Tech Support before I acted on it. (oops!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Mike-No- Thanks- but that wasn't it. The Hibiscus was fixed quite a while ago.Someone reported that the link for one livery was delivering the wrong livery... Not sure what it was, however. hmmm....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Robert,FYI, the LY livery had the NWA inner 3D cockpit. I am not at home to check if it was fixed.Best regards,

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest homaisiw

I think it was the China airlines Dreamliner repaint im not sure.Regards Wisam

OMG! Those updated 747X paints are SICK! Especially that JAL cargo!You guys are freaks! :-)Ken C.

Excellent! Thanks for those PMDG, British Airways now has the correct colouring for the logos, big improvement :-)

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I am happy to see that the Qantas wunula dreaming livery is available. that's great!however, I'm curious:I thought Qantas used only RR engines, but this livery is for GE engines.please explain, or provide info on where they're using RR engines.all the best!

Hi Robert,If we are replacing liveries with the new version, do we have to uninstall the old ones first?Thanks,John

thank you for the reply.Sorry, my previous post was incorrect.my question really is:where are Qantas using GE engines? (aside from Wunula)?Ok, so, is Qantas really using GE and RR engines? can anyone explain why?unless they're transitioning from RR to GE over time, or, the aircraft perhaps already had GE engines and they didn't have the option of RR engines, it doesn't make sense to me why they would use both.

Peter,As far as I know the earlier Qantas B747-400's were Rolls Royce RB211 powered, but since about 1987 the longer range B747-438/ER models have been powered by more powerful GE CF6-80 engines.

Graeme Butler

Sort of... ;)The first B747-438 came in 1987 (or was it '89?) and since then all have had RR engines. Then the B744ERs, the first being delivered in 2006 (I think) have GEs.Also, I don't think RR is an option on the -400ERs?Subin.

400ER doesn't equip with RR.You can check the registration of that aircraft, it using GE.But PMDG do made a mistake, the engine is GE not RR. Hope they can change.

Guest 744driver

Peter, QANTAS does use both RR & GE engines on its B744 fleet.VH-OJA thru -OJU are RR powered "standard" B747-400.VH-OEB,-OEC& -OED are "standard" but GE powered (they were purchased by QANTAS as used aircraft)VH-OEE thru -OEJ are "ERs" and GE powered.QANTAS also has a mix of GE & RR engines on its B767 fleet.VH-OJB used to be painted as "Wunala Dreaming" but it is now in standard colours. "Wunala Dreaming" is, at the moment, VH-OEJ a GE powered B744 ER.Hope that helps.