Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

Wilco Airbus Vol2

I have had an email from Simware Simulations advising that Wilco Airbus Vol 2 will be available for download from their site on September 14.It is absolutely typical of Wilco that they wont give any release date or any information and we hear it from the back door - so to speak. Is anyone going to purchase it after the Vol 1 fiasco? I have very mixed feelings indeed. Assuming the Airbus forum will be unlocked for the release but again with Wilco dont hold your breath.John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Quite clear thankx JasonTo establish whether people have enough trust in Wilco to go for them again.presume you are not aware of their bugged Version 1John

if people do actually buy it it will once and for all show how dumb we are as a community.

I take it for granted that there are more than enough people who will indeed buy Vol.2 even if they know about the Vol.1 problems. Humans never learnt from history, why should this be different in the FS community? This community doesn't act as a unity, and the individuals prevent any "positive" influence on the developers by disregarding all warning signs and doing quite the opposite of what would be needed.So, Wilco/FeelThere doesn't need to worry...Andreas

I was always a supporter of FT. I do love the 737 300/400/500 and even Airbus Vol 1 (even with all the bugs).No need to go into a FT bash as I won't be saying anything that has not been said before.All I can say is I won't be buying this one.

>I was always a supporter of FT. I do love the 737 300/400/500>and even Airbus Vol 1 (even with all the bugs).>>No need to go into a FT bash as I won't be saying anything>that has not been said before.>>All I can say is I won't be buying this one.Same here ;-)Andr

The Airbus Vol 1 is actually the best Airbus simulation we have so far, but it's still not good enough. Some tweeks in the airfile, aircraft.cfg, and some custom sounds did make it quite fair. Also merging it with Project Airbus and IFDG for better visual models.I really hope people will do like myself this time and vote with their wallets on Feelthere/Wilco's Airbus Vol 2 release.

The ERJ was good too, but since then they have let us all down so badly, i too will never buy anything of theirs.Scoob will though I'm sure!!Garry

As it has been said before in this forum, this community needs an organization that works for us and offers a detailed review the addon products. These reviewers would be real pilots that have time on type of the aircraft being reviewed.

I guess I missed the problems with the Airbus Vol.1. I have had for a while of course I did wait until it had 2 service packs. I have had zero problems. I did have to read the manuals and remember how Airbus differs from Boeing and since I worked out my issues it's good to go. I guess I do have to admit the Boeing callouts are lousy but a quick download fixed that.I personally am waiting anxiously for Vol.2 since it will have the A340-600. I want to fly that.

Hi Andrew,Whilst I respect your views on Feelthere, does the lack of a fully bi-directional forum not bother you? Why are feelthere locking their support forums.............?Garry

>Why are feelthere>locking their support forums.............?>Why should they keep it open ? They did not use it anyway - all they did was locking threads and deleting posts.Feelthere - no thanks - never again !

Garry I do agree with you on that front. I guess I have focused on the fact I have enjoyed flying the Airbus with out any show stopping issues so the lack of a forum slipped my mind. To be honest though I find the help here on Avsim from fellow simmers much better anyway.

All I remember from the forum is Eric replying "It doesnot happen on my machine", until someone could finally pinpoint him what the problem was reveiling Eric only tested it following normal procedures.Still the FMC is not functioning. Maybe with the Volume 2 coming out, we get the long awaited service pack to fix this. But for me it is no more FeelThere. No more Wilco.Menno

The most amazing thing about those screenshots is that you can't see one single - yes, not one single - of the millions of bugs that we all know are in there...