Sign in to follow this  
Guest keiron

Pmdg Customer Future Interests

1,529 members have voted

1. 1. Which jet interests you in PMDG style?

• Airbus A320
    • Airbus A330
    • Airbus A340
    • Boeing 777

And exactly how are you judging the "quality" of an unreleased aircraft? You can make anything look good in screenshots and controlled-environment video presentations. There's a whole industry of addon makers that do nothing but this. I very much want Airsimmer's A320 to be good (because I want one to fly around myself!) but to "judge" it based on what amounts to marketing hype at this point is just silly. This is this company's first product, they have no professional reputation yet to back up a statement like that the way that companies like us or Level D do. Again, I very much do hope that we can welcome them into that exclusive club when they do release, but until then any statements about their aircraft being great are pure conjecture and we're not about to change our plans because of such talk.And again to everyone, we know you want a 777, just please relax! :(
Truth. My statement isn't ONLY based on the screenshots and few movies I've seen. I know one of the members of the extented team, and although they are on a strict only need to know basis, like no posting screenshots etc. He have told me though, that it's gonna be good from what he have experienced. :-)They have modelled a fully functionally Fly-By-Wire (Within FS limits ofcourse) And Yes, judg... having seen the screenshots wich look really delicius (At least it's not a pixel-soup disaster as certain other payware products are :/ )Scrolling down the teamlist I also noticed that alot of them have previous experienced building FS aircrafts. And hey, everyone is gonna start somewhere. :-)

Guest ahoj

Hi,what date will be realesed NGX ??? I

Option 5: None of the above.How about something different, like an L-1011?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest SkullxBones

I'd like to see an updated 747 in the form of a 747-800. By the time you get to it, there ought to be some real world flight data.Jeff P.

Relax because we keep bugging you about it, or relax because we CAN relax because there's plans for one?? :(
Sounds like they are teasing us again.

Hi,what date will be realesed NGX ??? I

I have to say Boeing 777 family all the way please. I have been wanting a realistic simulation of the 777.Wilco is nice, but it lacks the depth, feel of a PMDG, Level-D, or CaptainSim Boeing project. It's for the middle of the road feel, not to hard not to easy.POSKY's 777 series is beautiful to fly, look-at, and be in the VC, but it lacks the depth in the airplane's systems that you find in PMDG's or Level-D's planes.I really would love to see you guys (PMDG Team) take on the development of a Boeing 777-2/300.

Guest ChrisC

I'd like to see a DC-8 or 707. With the unholy amount of modern aircraft, how about some steam gauges? CaptainSim's 707 is frame-hogging flying junk from what I've seen.I have PSS' 777, why don't you all invest in that? Great aircraft.

i HATE airbus, and will not fly that garbage.I would LOVE a 777, and if not that a 717 would be a lot of fun I think.Really, any Boeing plane (757 767, 777, 787) would be fine by me-Scott Kalin

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

i HATE airbus, and will not fly that garbage.I would LOVE a 777, and if not that a 717 would be a lot of fun I think.Really, any Boeing plane (757 767, 777, 787) would be fine by me-Scott Kalin
I would love to see a 777 and then when the 787 is in production and all systems are known, the 787.. Martijn Ditz

guys, unless you fly them for real its a bit far fetched to be an Airbus 'hater'! lol. I've tried the CLS airbus and I must say that it is a beautiful bird! the systems too are much more advanced than the Boeings. I have friends who fly the B767 and A320 IRL (the 767 driver used to fly A320s too) and they both swear by the advanced computers, etc in the Airbus. I can't wait for them to develop an airbus. I hope they do the whole family, esp the A320 and A340 ranges.

In fairness to PMDG guys, the last time they listened to the "vast majority" of customers on this forum, they spent time and resources making the MD11 for FS9...and well we wont go into it Ryans already posted about that.If i was PMDG id just put out a Cessna 172 just to mess with you all :(

In fairness to PMDG guys, the last time they listened to the "vast majority" of customers on this forum, they spent time and resources making the MD11 for FS9...and well we wont go into it Ryans already posted about that.If i was PMDG id just put out a Cessna 172 just to mess with you all :(
If you were PMDG...would they still be in business? :( Kind regards,Bruno

And exactly how are you judging the "quality" of an unreleased aircraft? You can make anything look good in screenshots and controlled-environment video presentations. There's a whole industry of addon makers that do nothing but this. I very much want Airsimmer's A320 to be good (because I want one to fly around myself!) but to "judge" it based on what amounts to marketing hype at this point is just silly. This is this company's first product, they have no professional reputation yet to back up a statement like that the way that companies like us or Level D do. Again, I very much do hope that we can welcome them into that exclusive club when they do release, but until then any statements about their aircraft being great are pure conjecture and we're not about to change our plans because of such talk.And again to everyone, we know you want a 777, just please relax! :(
Yes I agree with Ryan for certain. Because, while the Airsimmer A320 series "looks" good, it was first announced on their website in August of 2006 for Pete's sake with a note saying "coming soon"! That's a bit too long to be patient even for patient FlightSimmers. But it will remain to be seen how bug-free and realistic it will be when they finally do complete it. But the amount of detailed work they're putting into it is certainly admirable and encouraging...If PMDG does not want to do the same aircraft type, there is always the A340, 777 or the A330 series too. I think the A340 is nice because is would introduce an entirely different manufacturer and handling (FBW) FDEs to the 744 and will make it a nice learning experience for us flightsimmers to try out Airbus's "equivalent" to the 744 (not the 342 or 343 but the 345 or 346 certainly are very close to the weight and size of the 744). Either way, it would be a sim of the competitor's to Boeing's version of a 4-engine plane. I did fly the Airbuses from PSS and though they had some issues like being unable to resume from a save reliably, it thought me a lot about the "feeling" of these planes and also about how different their automatic flight systems are from Boeing. And if flightsimming is, among other things, about learning about airplanes, it would serve the community greatly to have some more Airbuses out there, rather than almost exclusively Boeings. Don't get me wrong, I love the 744 and love Boeings and I own PMDGs 737-600/700NG and 744 for FS2004. But that does not stop me from being curious and eager to learn more about the Airbuses. The lack of good quality Airbuses out there is what has caused me fly exclusively Boeing aircraft... :( Just my 2.5 cents worth! :( John