Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Anyone using PMDG MD11 with Active Sky Advanced?

For me it's just impossible to use the combination PMDG MD11 and ASA (in FS9) because of the EXTREMELY changing speeds it results in the MD11. It goes from say 300 knots to 200 knots in 1-2 seconds and then fluctuates up and down casuing the airplane to stall and dive. I don't see this behaviour with any other aircraft in my hangar and neither with AS 6.5 and PMDG MD11. I'm sure it's down to some setting in ASA but could some kind soul who experienced the same problem and sorted it out, please guide me in the right direction. For some reason I'm having trouble understanding how to set up ASA correctly despite reading the manual.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Yes I've noticed about the same. Wind direction is suddenly spinning round and round. Hitting 'Options' and 'save & install' does the trick for me.

Rune B.

Hi Krister, I'm a AS customer since AS65 and use now I'm using ASA both in FS9 and FSX. ASA and ASX have big problem in wind management at all. I've made many tests on it, and you can find some infos in my recent post in the HFISIM forum. Link shows belowhttp://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=239670 HIFISIM is working on winds issueRegardsRob

Rune and Rob, thanks for your replies!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

hi,i'm also using the MD11 in FSX with ASA. I don't have these problems with shifting winds anymore since i got a registered version of FSUIPC. With this combination you get smooth winds all the time. after around 15hours of test flights with asa, it seems even better than the former combination of FSUIPC and ASX!but, as usual, it might be different on any other system....regards,chrjs(christopher volle)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

hi,i'm also using the MD11 in FSX with ASA. I don't have these problems with shifting winds anymore since i got a registered version of FSUIPC. With this combination you get smooth winds all the time. after around 15hours of test flights with asa, it seems even better than the former combination of FSUIPC and ASX!but, as usual, it might be different on any other system....regards,chrjs(christopher volle)
Yep indeed works just fine in this combination with FSX or FS9...

André

What do you have enabled in FSUIPC for the winds please? I have mine completely disabled as I thought ASA no longer required any wind control from FSUIPC.thanksGraham

Christopher, sorry for taking the easy path here but which setting in FSUIPC (I also have the registered version) gets rid of the problem?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

i'm also using the MD11 in FSX with ASA. I don't have these problems with shifting winds anymore since i got a registered version of FSUIPC. chrjs(christopher volle)
If, however, you do not have the registered version, the wind shifts in FS9/ASA are a serious problem and, in my opinion, make ASA unusable at the moment. Hopefully Hi-Fi will fix this. If not, I guess I'll just have to pay for the registered FSUIPC - which, perhaps, is not such a bad thing considering how long I've been able to use if for free.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

What settings do I need in FSUIPC to get rid of this problem?I suffer from this with the 747-400 ASA and FSX.

What settings do I need in FSUIPC to get rid of this problem?I suffer from this with the 747-400 ASA and FSX.
If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, try going into it and looking for "wind smoothing" options. I run FS2004 and not FSX, so I don't know if FSUIPC 4 has different options than FSUIPC 3. I don't think the wind smoothing options work for an unregistered unpaid version of the program, though.Even with wind smoothing turned on, I'm seeing the same thing, occasional areas where winds aloft will shift 90+ degrees from what ASA is showing, and will sometimes "wobble" back and forth over a few minutes--a problem I saw back in the much older days of ActiveSky, and one that AS6 finally fixed. The MD-11 can be a handful when that happens!

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC, try going into it and looking for "wind smoothing" options. I run FS2004 and not FSX, so I don't know if FSUIPC 4 has different options than FSUIPC 3. I don't think the wind smoothing options work for an unregistered unpaid version of the program, though.Even with wind smoothing turned on, I'm seeing the same thing, occasional areas where winds aloft will shift 90+ degrees from what ASA is showing, and will sometimes "wobble" back and forth over a few minutes--a problem I saw back in the much older days of ActiveSky, and one that AS6 finally fixed. The MD-11 can be a handful when that happens!
I can confirm that by using the wind smoothing option - just put a 1 into the rate of change - all works much better.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

For me it's just impossible to use the combination PMDG MD11 and ASA (in FS9) because of the EXTREMELY changing speeds it results in the MD11. It goes from say 300 knots to 200 knots in 1-2 seconds and then fluctuates up and down casuing the airplane to stall and dive. I don't see this behaviour with any other aircraft in my hangar and neither with AS 6.5 and PMDG MD11. I'm sure it's down to some setting in ASA but could some kind soul who experienced the same problem and sorted it out, please guide me in the right direction. For some reason I'm having trouble understanding how to set up ASA correctly despite reading the manual.
I have not really tested the wind- it seemed fine for me so far, but one problem I do see is that my simulation goes wacko with this combination. I think it means its running out of memory but that is impossible. Also this never happened with asx when I was using that, but I hated it bc of the wind prob and I hoped it was fixed in this one- I guess its not.

I did a flight in FS9 with ASA and the MD-11, and all worked fine. :(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I did a flight in FS9 with ASA and the MD-11, and all worked fine. :(
I use fsx and it works for a while then becomes weird