Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MatthewS

New PMDG interview! New products coming!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not sure I understand why they went and posted this at Airsimmer's forum and not here... strange.The information is accurate though, this is a legit interview RSR did.

Not sure I understand why they went and posted this at Airsimmer's forum and not here... strange.The information is accurate though, this is a legit interview RSR did.
Since the new product is close, can we have some details and screenshots? :(

Since the new product is close, can we have some details and screenshots? :(
Nope. I think we may just let this one be a surprise! I will say that this thing has one of the best VCs I have ever seen though, it absolutely raises the bar for clarity and motion.

Ok, this sounds like a nice surprise.Ryan, can you at least tell us if this nice surprise will be nice for FS9'ers as well? :(

Nope. I think we may just let this one be a surprise! I will say that this thing has one of the best VCs I have ever seen though, it absolutely raises the bar for clarity and motion.
Is that even humanly possible after the MD-11?? Well I must admit I'll be checking the website and forums hourly instead of daily now. I can already promise that I'll be buying anything that's released. So count my orders into budgeting...One question, though. Has PMDG ventured into general aviation or are we going to be blessed with a fantastic new airliner?? Any hints at all?!?! Haha!Paul Davies

The information is accurate though, this is a legit interview RSR did.
Hi Ryan.One detail bothers me though : in both English and French translations I've read (I have NOT seen the original text in English), RSR states that the NG2.0 is developped ...for FSX. Based on PMDG's prior communication on the subject, I assume what was meant was "developped ALSO for FSX" or maybe "developped FIRST for FSX" but that the plan is still to develop both FSX AND FS9 versions.Could you please confirm this point? Thanks in advance & best regards,Bruno

Hi Ryan.One detail bothers me though : in both English and French translations I've read (I have NOT seen the original text in English), RSR states that the NG2.0 is developped ...for FSX. Based on PMDG's prior communication on the subject, I assume what was meant was "developped ALSO for FSX" or maybe "developped FIRST for FSX" but that the plan is still to develop both FSX AND FS9 versions.Could you please confirm this point? Thanks in advance & best regards,Bruno
Bruno, they've confirmed this many times, you don't need to worry, the NGX will be out for FS9.Paul Davies

Is that even humanly possible after the MD-11?? Well I must admit I'll be checking the website and forums hourly instead of daily now. I can already promise that I'll be buying anything that's released. So count my orders into budgeting...One question, though. Has PMDG ventured into general aviation or are we going to be blessed with a fantastic new airliner?? Any hints at all?!?! Haha!Paul Davies
Hm, I somehow have the idea it will be a GA airplane indeed. Can't imagine a huge airliner being developed and released without some news leaking out... It's gotta be something more simple... Anyway, I am also VERY curious!!!EDIT:Wow, I've passed the 1000 posts over here. ;) Nice of you to celebrate this memorable moment with a new release...! :(

I'm 100% convinced that it's an...mmhh.. finger in the air feeling the winds....Embraer 120! Why? Well, it's the same kind of aircraft that PMDG made before in the expressline (Beech 1900), it hasn't been done properly before in MSFS (only Fly!), it doesn't need to be equipped with an FMS thus reducing the developing time/effort, wasn't Robert Randazzo flying for United Express as a captain on the Embraer 120 earlier (?), and finally PMDG doesn't make GA airplanes (at least up til now...).

Plan I believe is to do what we did with the MD-11, FSX version first, then FS9.

Great news! Seriously can't wait! Ryan, I know what it sounds like, but any ideas on how long left to go?

See the interview in this thread. http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php?showtopic=1002Apparently PMDG are going to release 2 new "express" products a year. The 1st product is due for release very soon. These new products are in addition to the 737NGX.
hi, thanks MathewS for your post which i have read. i know speculation is a no win no lose situaton, but on reading the interview there is a reference to the md11 and the airbus having similarities therein and i am wondering if pmdg have been developing an A320 in parallel with the md11 bearing in mind another developer has been a long long time in production of their Airbus and maybe pmdg are going to steal their thunder. as i said just speculation. richard welsh.

2 products a year???are they study-sims like the 744 and MD11 or are they just some rough models of the planes?Sam

My guess is ERJ 145.Nathan
I'm going to guess that it has some connection with work that Bill Grabowski has done in the past, so EMB 120, ERJ 145 or B717 - but that's just a wild stab in the dark :-)

My guess is ERJ 145.Nathan
My guess is either an updated B 1900 for FSX or as above mentioned an E-120 , will see.

In the McPhat forum you can read that two well-known developers are about to release (expected one in Q1 and the other for Q3) two immensly popular airliners and they are doing liveries for those ones. But they are not allow to say any more...I think that one of those will be the PMDG one...

GREAT news that is :( I can imagine it now - a PMDG Mongolfier Brothers balloon.... just kidding good people :( That or a Flying Wing for those wanting wing views.... Sorry Ryan, couldn't resist lolExpress... hmmm wasn't the B1900 called Express !!!John Ellison

GREAT news that is :( I can imagine it now - a PMDG Mongolfier Brothers balloon.... just kidding good people :( That or a Flying Wing for those wanting wing views.... Sorry Ryan, couldn't resist lolExpress... hmmm wasn't the B1900 called Express !!!John Ellison
I like that idea! A giant wing view for all the complainers!! :( I'm sure I remember Ryan talking about some semi Lite products in development. Anyway it sounds good, looking forward to it!Rob