Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

Adaptive lighting effect for FSX

Guest UlfB
After installing this tweak one thing caught my attention, in the a/c preview window in FSX a text message is displayed at startup of FSX talking about GTA San Andreas...does that mean I'm using the "wrong" tweak and that there is also a pure FSX tweak? I downloaded the version linked in the first post in this thread.
That message is normal. Don't you see any difference when flying???

I am late to the party on this, but I can't believe the improvement with this tweak. Worked right out of the box for me--I just had to fiddle a bit to get dusk/night darker.The overall effect is still perhaps more "surreal" than "real", but it adds significant depth to the scenery. Clouds now have distinctive shadows and areas where the light shines through, which makes them look much less flat and cartoonish. The autogen forests appear much thicker and integrate better into the scenery textures.I saw a little bit of discussion in the thread about new/old DLL's. I just downloaded from the link in the original post, popped it into the FSX directory, and it works great. There's no discernible FPS hit when toggling it on and off. Is there a more recent DLL I should be checking out, or is this the "new" one.Another question ... is the .ini file only read on initial FSX load, or can I make edits midstream and then toggle it on and off to activate those edits?This is simply awesome. I'm glad I made the decision to go back to DX9 mode today.

This is simply awesome. I'm glad I made the decision to go back to DX9 mode today.
I've installed it 3 or 4 times, but each time end up removing the two files as I'm not happy with the overly soft look it imparts. The lighting contrast is better. I have been flying with FSX Bloom enabled since and to me that is the best, and it is extraordinary in ORBX scenery, at dawn! They have the best nightlighting and scenery. Very sad to return to GTX/UTX by comparison! I bought FSPassengersX and started my airline in the US. But as soon as the company earns enough we will buy a Super MD-80 Pro in an Austrailian fleet! Seriously: ORBX + FSX Bloom in the early dawn is unbelievably delicious. I am able to maintain low intensity airports like KABQ at 24-30 frames, and at SFO down to 18 to 20 while taxiing with Bloom on. If the weather is mild up to 22-25 frames at SFO.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

That message is normal. Don't you see any difference when flying???
I do get the result and I'm more than happy I stumbled over this quite old thread, after some tweaking of the ini file FSX to me is tranformed to like someone else said almost FS11! The best thing that happened to FSX for me in a long time and together with my latest addition of hardware...a dedicated SSD disk for FSX this will be a great winter with lots of flying...I never enjoyed FSX this much before!!As for the message I just thougt it felt a bit odd to get a message about GTA in FSX :(

Richard Åsberg

I had a look at this and found framerates dropping from a locked 26 down to single figures. No good for me at all and I guess it's down to the fact that my system isn't up to it.However, the effect was superb and I'm really disapointed that I can't use the tool.System AMD 5000 dual core overclocked at 3.0 Ghz, 7900 GS graphics, 4 Ghz DDR2 DC memory.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Is anyone running dual monitor setup?When I undock any panels over to the second monitor I only get the effects on that monitor.It dissables all the effects on the main monitor?Anyone helpThanksNeil

beta.gif

I had a look at this and found framerates dropping from a locked 26 down to single figures. No good for me at all and I guess it's down to the fact that my system isn't up to it.However, the effect was superb and I'm really disapointed that I can't use the tool.System AMD 5000 dual core overclocked at 3.0 Ghz, 7900 GS graphics, 4 Ghz DDR2 DC memory.IAN
In the ini file make sure only the bloom effect is enabled (set to 1) All others should be disabled (0) especially Occlusions! That is the real Frame killer.For me, I like the effect, but it seems to be incompatible with my recorder program (GameCam) . So I have to take it out if I'm recording a video.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I use GTX 285 (1Gb) on latest NVidia drivers and have never had a problem. Great addon.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Im using this plugin with great results and absolutely no drop in framerate whatsoever. See specs below - nothing special.Q6600GO @3.2GHZGigabyte P35-DS3R4GB PC8500 Gskill Ram 5-5-5-12 @ 1065mhz 8800GT 512mb GRAPHICS CARDWD 320GB SATA DRIVECorsair 520Watt Modular Power SupplyVista 32 Home Premium SP1FSX, UTX, GEX, FEX, FTX, LDS763, Realair SF260, etc.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Is anyone running dual monitor setup?When I undock any panels over to the second monitor I only get the effects on that monitor.It dissables all the effects on the main monitor?Anyone helpThanksNeil
Neil,same here, I have a dual monitor setup and the effect doesn't "switch on" when you drag something to the secondary monitor. Bummer....Regards,Jure

I guess I missed out on this whole add-on, will get it tonight. Does it work on any FSX aircraft? How about using it with REX2.0 textures?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I guess I missed out on this whole add-on, will get it tonight. Does it work on any FSX aircraft? How about using it with REX2.0 textures?
I also missed this until recently and I'm more than happy I found it because it has made FSX look so much more realistic!!To answer your questions this "fix" in fact doesn't have anything to do with a specific addon in FSX but will change the lightning effect overall in FSX, I'm pretty sure you will be very happy with the change if your have the right hardware for it since it has been discussed in this thread that it's not all hardware that can use this in a good way.I have a Core i7-920 and a GTX285 and for me it works great!

Richard Åsberg

Very cool, thanks Richard. Really looking forward to have this installed tonight then. :)

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just to add...I found this thread yesterday. I only use FS9, but decided to try it anyways. Well after a few minutes with playing around with the settings....it has amazing results. Quite subtle but noticeable...it that makes sense. Also no FPS hit what so ever on my system. Just make sure you play around with the settings to get it right.

Which setting makes the night even darker? I'd like the night colors to be a bit more darker.[bLOOM]BloomPowerDay=5BloomFadeTime=400BloomConstantDay=1BloomQuality=0BloomScreenLevelDay=85BloomCurveDay=0BloomPowerNight=18BloomConstantNight=0BloomCurveNight=0BloomScreenLevelNight=20BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100BloomAllowOversaturation=1BloomMaxLimit=75[colorCORRECTION]DarkeningAmountDay=10ScreenLevelDay=70ScreenLevelNight=1DarkeningAmountNight=5GammaCurveDay=0GammaCurveNight=0ColorSaturationDay=1ColorSaturationNight=1UsePaletteTexture=0

Jacek G.