Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Ultimate Traffic II

What no manual!!!???I've searched & searched, only to find a 'Learning Center'How can I print that a take it to bed:-(

What no manual!!!???I've searched & searched, only to find a 'Learning Center'How can I print that a take it to bed:-(
Hi,I answered this over at the product forums. Check there!

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest Nick_N
Hi,I answered this over at the product forums. Check there!
Im still answering questions in the AVSIM TEMP forums too so you can find information there as wellI just found out the primary forum is back up

Is this product worth buying?I use previous UT X and I am very satisfied - one have to install and have all the needed schedules out of the box, I haven't noticed float-planes on hard-surfaced runways (as in other AI products) and so on...

Ultimate Traffic X is a modification of the FS2004 product to work in FSX.Ultimate Traffic 2 is a completely new from the ground up product - taking the lessons learned from UT and building.Where UTX has FS2004 aircraft models, UT2 has new or completely rebuilt models which are fully FSX SP2 compliant.That is the one warning I have - if you are not using FSX with SP2 (Acceleration counts as SP2) - this is not a product for you.

Ultimate Traffic 2 is a completely new from the ground up product - taking the lessons learned from UT and building.
This means 'Go For It' for me. The only think I missed was a better airliners models.Thanks for a quick response

Guest Mower

How does this compare with TrafficX or Mt5.2?

How does this compare with TrafficX or Mt5.2?
I can only speak for MT5.2. Loved that and thought it was 'better' back then when I first bought it compared to what else was available. But have to admit that UT2 raised the bar. Installation is a flawless 1-click and no tampering with scenery indexes a la MT. The user interface - if you need it at all - is just fine and much 'rounder' than the DOS style oldish looking MT GUI but that's - like everything else - a very personal feeling. Aircraft models and textures are better and nonetheless not more or even less frame rate hungry than MT. I can have the commercial traffic set higher (at 95%) than with MT and still get at least the same performance. But with UT2 I have also the GA traffic at 60%. In short: I love it (though some more last tests are outstanding, US airports and a 'real' flight from A to :(, see also my post in the prelim AVSIM forum (as LH4371) at My other post.Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I can only speak for MT5.2. Loved that and thought it was 'better' back then when I first bought it compared to what else was available. But have to admit that UT2 raised the bar. Installation is a flawless 1-click and no tampering with scenery indexes a la MT. The user interface - if you need it at all - is just fine and much 'rounder' than the DOS style oldish looking MT GUI but that's - like everything else - a very personal feeling. Aircraft models and textures are better and nonetheless not more or even less frame rate hungry than MT. I can have the commercial traffic set higher (at 95%) than with MT and still get at least the same performance. But with UT2 I have also the GA traffic at 60%. In short: I love it (though some more last tests are outstanding, US airports and a 'real' flight from A to :(, see also my post in the prelim AVSIM forum (as LH4371) at My other post.Phil
You can set the traffic slider higher not because the models are less frame rate hungry, but because MTX adds lots more companies and flightplans, and populates more 2.000 airports than UT 2. Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Mower

I already own MT 5.2 and TrafficX...is UT2 a worthy "upgrade"?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I don't own it yet, but the fact that UT2 has traffic that actually flies routes via published airways and navaids is enough to convince me.The fact that it ships with good looking AI models is a plus too. Replacing the PAI models of the original UT was a huge undertaking.Regards,Nick

Guest Mower

I currently run TrafficX and there is little or no active support nor patching etc.The UT forums, conversely, are always very active and its coders open to communication. As a former UTX owner, this community support and forum presence is the clincher in pitching TrafficX overboard.

Guest Mower

Bit the bullet and committed...should rock.

I already own MT 5.2 and TrafficX...is UT2 a worthy "upgrade"?
I'd say yes. But you can check yourself, Flight1 gives a 30 days return period if I am correct. Just try it and then decide. You can easily disable MT traffic by deselecting the scenery entry, install and test UT2 and then activate MT traffic again in the scenery.Phil
I don't own it yet, but the fact that UT2 has traffic that actually flies routes via published airways and navaids is enough to convince me.
You are so right, forgot that as one of the major selling points to me. 'Real' flightplans you can even change! no direct point to point route...Phil
Bit the bullet and committed...should rock.
You tell me. Curious to hear your feedback. Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Phil Leaven