Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 Released!

first of all - Guys from PMDG, (Dev Team, Beta Testers, Bosses, Workers, ...) - you did an awesome job with this shiny little bird. everytime i get a new plane i was cursing around during the first flights - but i got into it pretty fast. But in the last 3 hours i was sitting in the pit of the JS41 i was cursing like never before :D The tutorial is fine - and as always first read - then work through it. I got a lot to learn about the FMS and the Autopiloting system. The first time i took off, it didn't climbed through 3000 ft. whatever i did. And on my last tutorial flight a few minutes ago i was on perfect interception course to 01R localizer established - flaps 35 and gear down - i saw the landing lights and PEW "FSX error occured" "

Antti,Have you checked the configuration manager? You will be able to tone some things down to make the J41 run decent enough on your machine. Cheers,
Yes, I did, and I toned down the settings a bit. It's now acceptable with two virtual cockpit views. Of course a 2D overhead would mean that the frame rates remain excellent, but this will do for now. :)This plane is a real joy to fly, it handles really nicely. One thing I noticed is that the elevator trim is much more sensitive than in the heavies I'm used to fly, which is taking a bit of getting used to. I'm waiting for the printed manuals to become available so that I can get deeper into the systems and operation of this aircraft.

Thank you guys for another fantastic creation! :( I told you I wouldn't buy it for the lacking 2D cockpit. Just couldn't keep my hands off her. :( Still hate FSX though.

Rune B.

Downloading this now as I type! Congratulations to the entire PMDG team for this incredible project! Next up, NGX!Can't wait to see this little bird in the sim. Been waiting for a high fidelity turbo-prop for FS. Other than the early Beechcrafts!I'll get back and share my opinions once I shed a few hours in the jetstream! Pun intended! :(

Erik L.

One more thing: - Is there a detailed manual for the FMS (i don't mind if its from PMDG or not - but i think i miss something)
HeyIf you go to https://www.bendixking.com/PilotGuides and search for GNS-XLS you will be able to download the quick-reference guide, pilots guide and the operators manual (the difference between the operators manual and pilots guide is very minimal though).Rene

just tried the j41,as i always used to fly with the 2d panel in md-11 and 747,found it a little difficult to adjust to 3d cockpit,but as expected a great product , vivek

Okay, okay. Just bought it. Order number 123758. Why? Had to buy it. Like any PMDG aircraft since 2005 as I just found out looking at my previous orders in your online shop. You guys just deserve it. Your products were a no brainer so far for me, any new one a little gem with nothing to miss and loose. Though I have to admit that I am amongst those still wondering whether to like the 'VC only' approach or not. But again, I just had to buy it and will hopefully be able to give it a try within the next week... long time, I know, but we just moved from KDAL to EDDM few weeks ago, the FSX machine just arrived with the container and is not unpacked yet - now I have a good reason to start unpacking tonight ;-)BestPhil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Joy joy joy :)Thank you to all who made this wonderfull product.My 1st video of this beautifull plane
Hi Sam, thanks for the nice video! I am using the 2d cockpit only (in other planes). What I am wondering is, how are you able to fly precisely a certain speed in the VC in the JS 4100? You have to zoom in to read the gauges well enough, right?Thanks!

i can read most of the gauges pretty well in 0.3 zoom (as far as it goes) - just for the "forgot the name"-Panel in the middle with the "errors" on it i need to zoom in to read that. i now messed up nearly every flight due to the autopilot - need to get more in touch with it. i can't figure out how to climb and descent properly. so for now - 3 burned engines (but that was all for now - i think i got it so far) and one really messed approach and landing.i love this plane as this is so much to learn - more difficult than any bigger airliner i've flown so far.