Sign in to follow this  

So again, unless I am misunderstanding here, your only suggestion is to re-install the O/S? I will just stick with the 182.50 in that case. Thanks,-P
Have a look here, and have another go. http://forum.nhancer.com/showthread.php?t=1470 and follow "grabibus" advise step by step.Do not jump over below step, even running Driver Sweeper software, will not do the job.Be sure to do a full search on your PC for nvapps.xml and extendedProfiles.xml.Delete all remaining nvapps.xml and extendedProfiles.xml files Had the same problem for a while. Grabibus advise worked for me on the first go.Good luck!S

Have a look here, and have another go. http://forum.nhancer.com/showthread.php?t=1470 and follow "grabibus" advise step by step.Do not jump over below step, even running Driver Sweeper software, will not do the job.Be sure to do a full search on your PC for nvapps.xml and extendedProfiles.xml.Delete all remaining nvapps.xml and extendedProfiles.xml files Had the same problem for a while. Grabibus advise worked for me on the first go.Good luck!S
Soerennielsen, the link is dead, unfortunately. Could you pls update it?Thanks,Dirk.

After playing around with all 19x.xx drivers, I decided to go back to 182.50/nHancer 2.5.1.I think that I will just stay with this combo as it certainly brings to the table, great video performance, bar none. Everything, sharp and clear.Just like my ATI setup with older v7.10's as the best display on the P4 3.4GHz, it truly seems that the above combo is the sweet spot. Well, at least for my i7-975/GTX285 setup.
Aren't the 182.50's for XP and Vista? I don't believe they were designed for Windows 7...were they?Stan

Aren't the 182.50's for XP and Vista? I don't believe they were designed for Windows 7...were they?Stan
Hi Stan,On that, I don't know. I have my W7 Ultimate 64 bit install disc sitting on my desk until I can get my security software released for W7. They are thinking it might be two months or more. (bummer...) but I can wait. Vista Ultimate is giving me no problems in usage and FSX performance. I have it basically running and tuned like XP Pro. I got a free upgrade to W7 Ultimate from having bought my Dell 730x after July 1/09. Until I install, I'll just keep noting all other's posts to monitor FSX performance with running W7.On the Vista side of things...I'm eating a bit of Crow. Vista really didn't turn out to be the 'bad boy' to host your programs as I thought/was led to believe. I actually kind of like it now, lol. I trip back and forth between XP Pro and Vista Ultimate 64 and find them rather seamless of late...Mitch

Hi Stan,On that, I don't know. I have my W7 Ultimate 64 bit install disc sitting on my desk until I can get my security software released for W7. They are thinking it might be two months or more. (bummer...) but I can wait. Vista Ultimate is giving me no problems in usage and FSX performance. I have it basically running and tuned like XP Pro. I got a free upgrade to W7 Ultimate from having bought my Dell 730x after July 1/09. Until I install, I'll just keep noting all other's posts to monitor FSX performance with running W7.On the Vista side of things...I'm eating a bit of Crow. Vista really didn't turn out to be the 'bad boy' to host your programs as I thought/was led to believe. I actually kind of like it now, lol. I trip back and forth between XP Pro and Vista Ultimate 64 and find them rather seamless of late...Mitch
Hi Mitch, I'm really lovin' W7. Every day I see something that makes me like it even better. FSX is running great on it.Stan

Hi Mitch, I'm really lovin' W7. Every day I see something that makes me like it even better. FSX is running great on it.Stan
Does FSX run on it better than on WinXP? This is the question. :)Thanks,Dirk.

Does FSX run on it better than on WinXP? This is the question. :)Thanks,Dirk.
Don't know. Went from VISTA 64 installed by my computer builder to the free upgrade of Win7. Win7 works as well or better than Vista for me. My system, though, really makes FSX rock! I've been in another world with FS since I got this new rig.Stan

Hi Mitch,I'm really lovin' W7. Every day I see something that makes me like it even better. FSX is running great on it.Stan
Stan, I'm just waitin' on some software updates..and then I fully intend to join ya! :)Mitch

Hi Folks,I'm curious as to which settings help the most with VC antialiasing. Using 191.07 I have Nhancer setup with Nick's recommendations and everything is acceptable except I get moire type antaliasing in some VC's. I see these issues mostly on 'glass' type gauges and they go away when I zoom in close. For example in the PMDG BAe JS4100 when zoomed back to a reasonable distance the vertical line next to the speed tape on the EADI looks looks like a moving barber pole when I bank. The bezels on the button above the EADI shimmer as well in a bank and when I pan to the co-pilots side it's a shimmering mess until I zoom in close. This issue also seem to rear it's ugly head on gauges like the rxpGNS-530. Although a panel like the RealAir Beech Duke with 3D steam gauges is fine (except of course the Garmin). I'm thinking this just may be an issue with the way these 'glass' gauges are programmed and rendered as other 3D modeling in the VC look fine.Today I just installed Windows 7 x64 on a fresh drive and installed nothing but 191.07. I wasn't expecting any changes with this issue and there were none. Previously in Vista 64 I had the same issues which were improved somewhat by rolling back to 182.50. I hesitate to try rolling back to older drivers on my squeaky clean Windows 7 as I run other apps that liked these better in Vista.In any case the exterior of the plane and the landscape render smooth and dandy with minimal shimmering.Some of my Nhancer settings per Nick's recommendationAnti-Aliasing - Combined 8xSAnistropic Filtering - 16xNegative LOD BIAS ClampOn my old 8800 vintage card I don't remember being annoyed by this, but I am using the VC more these days oy of necessity. If this is normal, I'll just have to fly with it.I'm open to suggestions and let me know if I can provide more info.

Skyscraper

I've been using the Geforce 182.50 and nHancer 2.5.1, Geforce GTS 250 with great success since the 182's came out. The only problem I ever had was that nHancer would'nt automatically pick up fs9, I always had to open nHancer and click on the profile...no big deal. A couple of days ago, the Microsoft fs2004 and the shadow fs9 profiles completely disappeared from nHancer, so, no AA. I've uninstalled nHancer and the drivers...ran driver Sweeper, and reinstalled, several times. I now have the fs2004 profile, and made a renamed duplicate as before, but can't get AA to work for love nor money. I've searched till I'm daft for any for any remnants of nHancer and the drivers before reinstalling, but can't find a thing. Any ideas for a solution would be more than welcome. This is the first problem I've ever had with nHancer in over two years. I'm completely stumped.Russell.

There seems to be a issue where if importing a old profile from a previous version of nhancer which causes the AA to not work properly. In this version nHancer is saying it is better to nhance application AA and that is a default setting with the new nhancer. I too had the problem at first and I can tell you my set up is not botched. WHat fixed it for me was to reinstall nHancer and not import any old nhancer profiles. Then reset up a new profile for nhancer and it should work for you, at least it did for me. You telling people that their system is botched is not a good approach to help them fix their problem and just because the driver works well for you doesnt mean it will for everybody. I still think the 182.50 is the best so far run with nhancher 2.5.1 but thats just me and YMMV.
I upgraded (using the nHancer updater manually) from 2.5.1 to 2.5.7 with 182.50's on a stock speed 280 (FSX). AA seemed to work okay but I started suffering excessive stuttering. Went back to 2.5.1 but had to reinstall the same 182.50's fresh to get back to where I was. Just my experience and most likely specific to my combination of hardware and system settings.

Frank L.T

I'm curious as to which settings help the most with VC antialiasing. Using 191.07 I have Nhancer setup with Nick's recommendations and everything is acceptable except I get moire type antaliasing in some VC's. I see these issues mostly on 'glass' type gauges and they go away when I zoom in close. For example in the PMDG BAe JS4100 when zoomed back to a reasonable distance the vertical line next to the speed tape on the EADI looks looks like a moving barber pole when I bank. The bezels on the button above the EADI shimmer as well in a bank and when I pan to the co-pilots side it's a shimmering mess until I zoom in close. This issue also seem to rear it's ugly head on gauges like the rxpGNS-530. Although a panel like the RealAir Beech Duke with 3D steam gauges is fine (except of course the Garmin). I'm thinking this just may be an issue with the way these 'glass' gauges are programmed and rendered as other 3D modeling in the VC look fine.Today I just installed Windows 7 x64 on a fresh drive and installed nothing but 191.07. I wasn't expecting any changes with this issue and there were none. Previously in Vista 64 I had the same issues which were improved somewhat by rolling back to 182.50. I hesitate to try rolling back to older drivers on my squeaky clean Windows 7 as I run other apps that liked these better in Vista.
Installed the trusty 182.50 and still a slight bit of shimmer with some 'glass' gauges, but somewhat improved.

Skyscraper