Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbdel767

AirSimmer A320 RELEASED

My problem is with not even offering an upgrade price for when the advanced version is released.
Why do people who've bought the basic version expect to get a reduction on the price of an advanced version when it becomes available?If I buy the basic version of, say, a Ford car, I don't expect Ford to give me a reduction if I later choose to buy a more luxurious model.On the other hand, I don't expect Ford to offer a car with known faults because it doesn't have enough money to fix them in the hope that enough people will buy it to enable it to fix the faults. The implication is that if too few people buy the basic model then the bugs won't get fixed.

Why do people who've bought the basic version expect to get a reduction on the price of an advanced version when it becomes available?If I buy the basic version of, say, a Ford car, I don't expect Ford to give me a reduction if I later choose to buy a more luxurious model.
No, but you get to trade your old Ford in, or you can sell your old ford, and use the money towards the new more luxerious model... :(

Why do people who've bought the basic version expect to get a reduction on the price of an advanced version when it becomes available?If I buy the basic version of, say, a Ford car, I don't expect Ford to give me a reduction if I later choose to buy a more luxurious model.On the other hand, I don't expect Ford to offer a car with known faults because it doesn't have enough money to fix them in the hope that enough people will buy it to enable it to fix the faults. The implication is that if too few people buy the basic model then the bugs won't get fixed.
That's because Ford is selling you a whole different car. AirSimmer is reselling you the same model with just added functionality. So you are paying twice for the external model, and only getting the added functionality of the advanced systems. I could understand their stance if both the basic and advanced packages was available at the same time. Then you can say people can see what they'll get in each package a make a choice on which one they want. To ask though that they buy a watered down version (and a known buggy one by their own admission at that!) now with no path to upgrade later, especially for a new developer that doesn't have an established track record, is just plain stupid. Even Captain Sim's Block system didn't do this. You paid for the model (Block "B") first, then you paid for the systems later (Block d/F) you didn't have to pay for the model again. I'm sure they will eventually do the right thing, but the damage would have already been done. Like Captain Sim found out initial bad reputations, especially in the area of marketing, support, and Customer Service, is hard to overcome. Even though technically many of their products are very good, and they do eventually do the right thing, people poo poo them, simply because they don't like the way they were initially treated. I believe AirSimmer is heading down the same path!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

No, but you get to trade your old Ford in, or you can sell your old ford, and use the money towards the new more luxerious model... :(
You can't trade your old Ford in with Ford. You can only trade it in with a dealer who will make a profit on the overall transaction. There's nothing to stop you trading in your add-one (or even selling it) as long as you can find someone willing to take at. The reason you can't do find someone because a second-hand add-on has practically no commercial value .

When you buy a basic Ford without cruise control or GPS you can certainly take the car back in and have just those things installed without having to buy an entirely new car. Moreover, in most cases (although Ford may not be the best example here) they don't sell you a car with a steering wheel that doesn't turn or tires that are all completely flat straight out of the chute.The point is, if economic hard times were the motivation for releasing this basic version, and the aim was to generate revenue, why would you not offer an upgrade to the advanced version if/when it gets released? Surely that would generate far more revenue now than not making this offer right? I would venture to guess that most of Airsimmer's sales will/would be from the hardcore simmers that have been watching this project for years. Are they going to fork over their money without this kind of offer? In most cases the answer would probably be no. So much for generating revenue.

- Aaron

Hmm, all these parallels and comparisons to other real world commercial ventures are meaningless really. It's their decision to make. Is it a bad decision, yes, I think so, retarded in fact is my personal opinion. Their arrogance on their forums is also not helping at all. What is funny though is how the ET a really excited user are trying to defend the decision :(

the simple reason why they do not offer an upgrade. because the advanced version is not a guarantee yeti bought the basic version and while and an upgrade is not the reason i purchased it, i still hope there is one so they can keep my money.during these tough economic times it might be easier for people to go the upgrade route, since people arent spending that money all at once and its spread over time.

Just a lowly FS9'er. 

the simple reason why they do not offer an upgrade. because the advanced version is not a guarantee yeti bought the basic version and while and an upgrade is not the reason i purchased it, i still hope there is one so they can keep my money.during these tough economic times it might be easier for people to go the upgrade route, since people arent spending that money all at once and its spread over time.
Alienating people now who would like to try their product now, and would buy the advanced version now had it been available is just plain stupid marketing. All they need to do is say if you buy the basic now, before the advance version is released, you can upgrade for the difference in price when the advanced version is released. That way the people who would want and would have bought it now, ultimately will get it for the same price they would have paid now, and still get the people who would want the basic version only.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest SF22
Hmm, all these parallels and comparisons to other real world commercial ventures are meaningless really. It's their decision to make. Is it a bad decision, yes, I think so, retarded in fact is my personal opinion. Their arrogance on their forums is also not helping at all. What is funny though is how the ET a really excited user are trying to defend the decision :(
As a member of ET I'm not trying to defend their decision. They found themselves to be in a position where they were running out of money. I'm just trying to say that if they wouldn't have acted like this there is a possibility that they would never release anything.

I don't want Airsimmer to fail, I hope they get all of this sorted out, but man they stumbled right out of the gate by there "no compromise" banner, they milked that cow from all four tities, and so did there a really excited user. I got a kick out of looking through some of the older posts on there forums, comments like the A320 will make the PMDG MD11 look like a toy, and comments like for the first time in FS history a bug free product on release. Now they have to eat a big piece of humble pie. :(

Guest KD Larsen
Ok, since nobody has listed any bugs on here yet I'll grab the bull by the horns...
I'll add to that:1) The TabletPC application will randomly stop loading the fuel you request. It certainly made for an interesting JFK-SXM flight, when I realised I only had 1/3 of the fuel needed (having done a short hop around JFK before)2) External power is randomly unavailable (you can select it via the FMGS, but it won't become available).3) Pushback module giving random errors (anything from not turning the aircraft at all, to the pushback continuing after you've been told to set the brakes)4) Sounds randomly going on and off (mostly ambient sounds, like the A/C).It certainly is a stunning piece of work, just a shame there's so many show-stopping bugs.

As a member of ET I'm not trying to defend their decision. They found themselves to be in a position where they were running out of money. I'm just trying to say that if they wouldn't have acted like this there is a possibility that they would never release anything.
Correct but I doubt they improved this bad situation in any way by that.RegardsChris

So, they ran out of their original venture capital, and the money they scammed... errr... added to their revenue column by getting people to pay to be beta testers? Now they need to go to the community and get more people to buy in as beta testers at a reduced cost?You have to admit though, it is one great scam model. 6 Step process...1 - Choose a niche in the FS market where there is no real alternative. Make promises of a superior product to fill niche.2 - Recognize the gullibility of people to buy into a product with such devotion, without ever seeing anything but words from the developer.3 - Show up at AVSIM Fancon to show legitmacy.4 - Test said gullibility of fans by offering to allow them the opportunity to beta the software for a buyin cost of $50.5 - Realize the product continues to be hyped up by "Extended Team" and increased interest in the product.6 - Goto step 4 under new name and cost ("basic" and now $40).

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800