Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbdel767

AirSimmer A320 RELEASED

K guys i made a price comparasion.Difficult to compare as these are different models of planes...and different chalenges in development...but here u go.One thing i can see very clearly is that the Basic Version is at half the price the Wilco Vol 1 and that buying both versions will be at the same 100+ as other complex airplane developers.Feel free to take your own conclusions. All prices are in USD.Airsimmer-> Airbus Basic => 39.95-> Airbus Advanced (FS9/FSX) => 89.95-> Airbus Basic+Advanced (FS9/FSX) => 129.9PMDG-> MD-11 FSX/FS2004 Combo (FS9/FSX) => 119.99-> B747-400/F (FS9/FSX) => 139.89-> B737/6-7-8-9 => 79.9CaptainSim-> B767/F/200 FSX => 89.68-> B757/F/300 FSX => 104.60-> C-130 FSX => 119.57-> B727 FSX => 74.72Wilco/Feelthere-> B737 => 74.75-> Airbus Vol1 => 74.75-> Airbus Vol2 => 55.25Ariane Design-> B737-900 ER X2 Advanced => 117.12LeonardoSH-> FlyTheMaddog Pro => 74.75LEVELD-> B767 => 54.95
Well Thanks for the reply,From my side, I see that PMDG Prices are reasonable, same as others, but the Basic edition shouldn't be with 40$ comparing the total price of both with other companies, and who knows if they are going to release the bus for FSX with the same price or no?, I think they didn't mention that on the website..Eventually in Airsimmer "Basic", you pay the model, cabin & Standard FMGS, and I still think it's not worth 40$.. << You can compare that with the Level D Price!!Thanks.

Hi,First, Basic is NOT for those wanting the features of Advanced, so, if you skip Basic and wait, you only pay $89.95. VERY reasonable, and LESS than PMDG for an equal (if not greater) feature set.Don't want Basic, don't buy it. It's quite simple.The features NOT included in Basic are:* PROG, CLB/CRZ/DES pages, and real managed vertical profile (it is a simplified version in Basic).* FBW downgrades* FailuresEVERYTHING ELSE IS PRESENT AND CORRECT. If the real thing has it - this does.There is a very high volume of ill-informed comment coming exclusively from those who don't have the product. Those that do are very pleased with it.Best regards,Robin.AirSimmer Customer Support.

The Airsimmer fiasco is self created and can be summed up in two words. EPIC FAIL.Good Luck.
I agree with your whole post Mike, but I'm quoting the last part because I have a nice picture for it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Astradan
Hi,First, Basic is NOT for those wanting the features of Advanced, so, if you skip Basic and wait, you only pay $89.95. VERY reasonable, and LESS than PMDG for an equal (if not greater) feature set.Don't want Basic, don't buy it. It's quite simple.The features NOT included in Basic are:* PROG, CLB/CRZ/DES pages, and real managed vertical profile (it is a simplified version in Basic).* FBW downgrades* FailuresEVERYTHING ELSE IS PRESENT AND CORRECT. If the real thing has it - this does.There is a very high volume of ill-informed comment coming exclusively from those who don't have the product. Those that do are very pleased with it.Best regards,Robin.
Thanks for your helpful post Robin. I really want to buy this. My benchmark is the feelThere (Wilco) Airbus Series 1, which although being very rough around the edges, I really enjoy in FSX, mainly because I love the A320 and it's been my only choice thus far. What's important to me is that the aircraft can climb in either CLB or OP CLB modes (in other words, in reference to controlling pitch by IAS, and NOT using vertical speed as the default FSX planes do). Can the AS A320 Basic do this ?I understand that CLB calculations are not managed 'properly' but can CLB mode climb by pitch at 250kts up to 10,000, then say at 300knts or whatever other fixed value?Also, can you advise whether you're seeing the CTD problems ? I just want to hear that at least *some* are not getting constant CTDs and are able to complete flights.Thanks,

Hi,Very few people are reporting CTDs (<1% of all support requests are to do with CTDs). None of the Beta Team are seeing CTDs (myself included). Every time a CTD was encounterd in testing (and throughout development), it was fixed immediately.If people register for support, and raise these issues in the correct place, we can help. We do not provide any support anywhere else for one reason - we will not help pirates fix their problems.

What's important to me is that the aircraft can climb in either CLB or OP CLB modes (in other words, in reference to controlling pitch by IAS, and NOT using vertical speed as the default FSX planes do). Can the AS A320 Basic do this ?
Yes - these modes are included and operate exactly like the real aircraft. The difference in Basic is when you use managed vertical mode, "behind the scenes" it is OP CLB/DES, with a pre-determined speed profile (250/300/M0.72).Actual OP CLB/DES are fully functional, as are all other modes.Best regards,Robin.

Good grief :( I am somewhat astounded at the way add-on developers prices have been increasing lately.As much as I like the items that are out there right now, I simply refuse to pay such extortionate price hikes such as these out of sheer principle alone.If customers continue to purchase, then this is entirely their right, but, if people refrained from these silly price purchases, then I truly believe that developers would have to Re-Think their price to volume policy.Just look at the supermarket price wars as an example. the ones that reduce their prices are out selling their rivals on volume and therefore making up for the initial high demand price.I cannot conceive of why developers feel that they can justify such a price in the first place. Especially when we all know that there will be a series of patches that inevitably follow.And as for releasing different versions etc, well, just look at the farcical Captain Sim way of doing things. Talk about confusing block versions etc. They have well and truly burnt their bridges with so many customers that I don't think they will be around in the not too distant future.Paying to beta test I do not subscribe to. Neither do I acknowledge ridiculous prices either. Some need a reality check here, and should take on board what is happening world wide with jobs and money.Airsimmer is yet another company that will never see any money from my wallet.Yes, I know that this is just my opinion, but I bet there are a lot more people out there thinking just the same as I do, but don't post their feeling for fear of being flamed for having an opinion in the first place :(

Paying to beta test I do not subscribe to.
Could you provide an example where this happened or is happening?Best regards,Robin.

Could you provide an example where this happened or is happening?Best regards,Robin.
Could you explain to use how it was not.

Could you explain to use how it was not.
How what was not?Sorry - I'm not in the business of guessing what you might mean.Robin.

How the Extended Team was not a pay to play Beta test.
That is exactly what ET was and is intended for, and people knew what they were getting into when they signed up. It was not hidden.People chose to join.You don't like that .... what am I supposed to do about it?FYI - the ET had nothing to do with Basic.Robin.

What I don't get is, you took the ET team's money tauting "No Compromise" and PMDG quality. Then you released a product by your own admittance was flawed and that you were disappointed to release. Now you are saying the ET team had nothing to do with the "Basic Version", then who did?

What I don't get is, you took the ET team's money tauting "No Compromise" and PMDG quality. Then you released a product by your own admittance was flawed and that you were disappointed to release. Now you are saying the ET team had nothing to do with the "Basic Version", then who did?
Ok lets get one thing straight. the ET has NO say in what gets put on the plate at the end of the day. Were there to be a 2nd Beta team to the primary small closed internal Beta Team. We put in inputs and suggestions THATS IT. So what was released HAS nothing to do with us. So please step back and STOP blamming the ET guys.RegardsMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Well I guess they will have to change that "No Compromise Banner" :(
The advanced version is going to be no compromise.
This was the best ET response to one of my comments. Talk about denial

Ok lets get one thing straight. the ET has NO say in what gets put on the plate at the end of the day. Were there to be a 2nd Beta team to the primary small closed internal Beta Team. We put in inputs and suggestions THATS IT. So what was released HAS nothing to do with us. So please step back and STOP blamming the ET guys.RegardsMike
No blame Mike,I understand you are there for suggestions, just looking for a management suggestion why your suggestions were not used properly in a "disappointing" release.