Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

A chance for FS9ers

I remember PMDG saying that the MD-11 was the last FS9 project that they are done eith FS9 and that everything now is for FSX, that is really a shame as it shuts out a lot of FS9 captains, this is a while back, hopefully they will change their minds ad realize there are still many FS9 pilots out there, it woulden't matter so much, but PMDG is the best developer and it would be sad if thy excluded FS9.Michael P.

The problem here is that there is a huge FSX crowd that wants to kill FS9 for their own benefit and get themselves in this discussion just because of that reason.Also looking at the numbers MD-11 FSX sold more because it was the second great product made by PMDG to FSX!Jeez... the FSX had no quality payware at all at that time... it would be almost impossible not to outsell FS9.But the B737 has a looonnnggg tradition between FS9 users... and its a far far more popular plane!... Ppl tend to mimic real-life passenger companies in this hobbie... and the 737 is definately part of it.As i said before... PMDG raise a public fund for the FS9 version prior to the FSX release. If it's not enough then give a chance for ppl to buy other PMDG products with what they've put on the fund. Its a win-win solution.Regards,M

The problem here is that there is a huge FSX crowd that wants to kill FS9 for their own benefit and get themselves in this discussion just because of that reason.
LOL dude...I fly only FSX, but I'm not gonna rant and rave and say FS9 is crap.... For my needs, FSX meets them better than FS9. For your needs, FS9 works out better.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

FSX is great. I own it and would love to be able to use it on my computer but unfortunately my system can't handle it and I don't have the money to get a better system. I imagine most out there in the world who still use FS9 only do so because of this reason. I'm just glad that there are so many freeware and payware still being created for use with it. I think by looking at the many download sites and fs stores out there and how much is still being created for fs9 that the number of people still using FS9 is apparant. I hope that they will make this new version of PMDG 737NG availiable for use with FS9. If not I will have to remain thankful that I still have the latest version of the PMDG 737. Here's hoping the decision to make this aircraft for use with FS9 will be made.ThanksChris Porter

FSX is great. I own it and would love to be able to use it on my computer but unfortunately my system can't handle it and I don't have the money to get a better system. I imagine most out there in the world who still use FS9 only do so because of this reason. .../...Chris Porter
Not sure.A month ago, I finally got myself a brand new rig : i7 870 @ 2.93/3.30 GHz, 4+Go RAM etc etc and I haven't even taken the time to reinstall FSX ! I am sure I'll do it someday but - for me - it's not a priority at this time. In the short term my first priority (when I don't fly for real) is to enjoy FS9 with sliders to the max at busy airports with my favorite planes : PMDG 737NG/F1 ATR/LD 767 - all with FS2Crew.Right now I am having fun with the Wilco FS9 A320 (with FS2Crew of course) Hey, at this rate, I'll probably buy PMDG's FS9 MD11 before I even think of re-installing FSX (with the subsequent hundred hours that will then be necessary for "populating" that empty world !)And if "you know who" release their NG2 for FS9, I MIGHT NEVER REINSTALL FSX ! Ha ha ha !Just kidding of course (although...) :( Best regards,Bruno

For those that think that FS9 is a dead product take a close look to these Delta Virtual Airlines statistics:http://www.deltava.org/simversionstats.doHardcore simmers still fly using FS9 60% of the time during all 2009 in this VA. Due to the size of the sample i would say this is good picture of the reality worldwide.FSX is gaining terrain clearly and probably in the end of 2010 it will be something like 50% FS9 - 50 % FSX if it continues with the same 10% year growth.But after lookin at this, FS9 is nowhere near a dead product in my opinion.Regards,M

For those that think that FS9 is a dead product take a close look to these Delta Virtual Airlines statistics:http://www.deltava.org/simversionstats.doHardcore simmers still fly using FS9 60% of the time during all 2009 in this VA. Due to the size of the sample i would say this is good picture of the reality worldwide.FSX is gaining terrain clearly and probably in the end of 2010 it will be something like 50% FS9 - 50 % FSX if it continues with the same 10% year growth.But after lookin at this, FS9 is nowhere near a dead product in my opinion.Regards,M

Marcio- In looking at your Delta VA stats, I was surprised to see the uptick in FS9 activity vs FSX in the past 3 months. That led me to once again look at the AVSIM Survey numbers for "Primary Simulator". To my surprise, they also show a recent uptick for FS9 as primary sim. The change, while small statistically, brings FS9 as primary sim, back up to its level at the beginning of last Oct. Quite in agreement with your data.It may be that the usual long term conversion from older to newer is no longer occuring.Let's hope AVSIM will reset/restart their survey so as to accurately reflect the trend- particularly in regard to the ongoing shift from one (primary) sim to the other . Such data should be of considerable interest to developers .Alex Reid
FS9 is not dead and PMDG needs to realize this, not making add ons for FS9 is a big mistake.

I am in as well! I much prefer FS9 for smoothness of animation - I have both installed but always use FS9...Robert C

Guest CX355

FS9 user and would get the new 737 series only if it meets the same standards as the MD-11 and is for FS9 as well, anything less would not do much for me. It could even send me back to flying the 737 now and again.

FS9 user and would get the new 737 series only if it meets the same standards as the MD-11 and is for FS9 as well, anything less would not do much for me. It could even send me back to flying the 737 now and again.
If PMDG decides to make one for FS9 it would be better as every aircraft they put out is better than the last, I hope they decide to do one even if it is an 80 to $100 add on it would be worth it.Michael P.

I'm another FS9 flyer, not included in the 2521. I would prefer an A319/320/321 series to another B737. For the future, I will not be buying FSX products but I will be investing in some high quality flying controls (PFC) - yoke, rudders, throttle quadrant to start with.

Supporter.png

John

I would prefer the 737NG v2 for fs9. (If no one want's to buy me a new computer that could run FSX smoothly with addons. :( )

FSX is great. I own it and would love to be able to use it on my computer but unfortunately my system can't handle it and I don't have the money to get a better system. I imagine most out there in the world who still use FS9 only do so because of this reason. I'm just glad that there are so many freeware and payware still being created for use with it. I think by looking at the many download sites and fs stores out there and how much is still being created for fs9 that the number of people still using FS9 is apparant. I hope that they will make this new version of PMDG 737NG availiable for use with FS9. If not I will have to remain thankful that I still have the latest version of the PMDG 737. Here's hoping the decision to make this aircraft for use with FS9 will be made.ThanksChris Porter
Hear hear! Story of my life.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case