Sign in to follow this  
h00t74

Would you PAY to Fly a 737 Simulator?

Just wondering who out there would pay to fly a 737 simulator w/ actual cockpit? Not a motion one just one with actual cockpit and overhead?What would it be worth? 35 an hour? Just wondering. I think there possibly could be a market for this with all the Sim lovers out there.

I paid $290 for a similar 737 commercial flight sim in Sydney Australia, about 1 hour.Great value!Peter Sydney Australia

I'd do it.JimCYWG

In a heartbeat ... yes.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Guest WarpAir

I prefer my fsx setup with i7920 @ 3.8 Ghz and Gtx 285 with very wide screen to any non moving simulator.To really make a product that's not too hard to sell, think youll need a moving / vibrating simulator as minimum, if you expect folks to come to it. Just my thinking.if you were selling stationary home cockpits with all the displays/software/hardware required , then stationary wil still have a market, me for example , if i had the cash

A typical GA instructor charges more than that, without even considering the hire of the aircraft, a 737-rated instructor I imagine would charge significantly more. I certainly wouldn't pay for sim time that wasn't properly instructed, and in a session with clearly defined goals. At $35 an hour, I don't think you'll even approach your operating costs, yet alone pay off any capital or make money.The FS9-based fixed sims in NZ and Oz are charging around

Guest zacharace
A typical GA instructor charges more than that, without even considering the hire of the aircraft, a 737-rated instructor I imagine would charge significantly more. I certainly wouldn't pay for sim time that wasn't properly instructed, and in a session with clearly defined goals. At $35 an hour, I don't think you'll even approach your operating costs, yet alone pay off any capital or make money.
Instruction is a good point to make, although I think most of us who would be interested in such a complex sim would (for the most part) know what we're doing. (But maybe that's just my impression). Operating costs would be high, though.

For people here that's likely true (although I'm strictly a GA pilot, so while I could probably fumble my way around a 737 with a bit of effort, having proper instruction would still mage a huge difference), but if you want to attract "walk-in" business, an instructor would be essential.

I would pay to fly a 737 simulator....Probably the one in Gold Coast, Australia the next time we go down there.I don't think we have any in Canada that are public yet.

Matthew Kane

I paid $300 for 1.5 hours in a full motion 717 sim in Long Beach a few years ago. I'd do it again in a second if my wife would let me. The $300 Also included a tour of the 717 plant that was there and a flight instructor (retired Continental captain).The funny thing is that the outside visuals (airports, ai aircraft weather...) are much better in FS.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I think, for me it would depend quite a bit on what the cockpit environment actually looks like. Realistic and accurate, then probably yes, but it would have to be pretty good to entice me to go 'halfway' between what I already have at home and a full motion simulator. The 35$ could go towards a reasonably priced add on. On the other hand, if I were out somewhere and happened by the simulator you describe I would most likely try it a least once, just because I'm a curious person.Happy Holidays to all! :( Mel

Guest jonthedoors

I'd pay about

Guest CX355

No...I would rather put the $ to something I can enjoy for more than an hour. Would be great fun however.