Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

I nominate "Opa" for Flightsim's man for the decade

This has been on my mind for a long time. Like most of you I have to read this forum every couple of days to keep up with whats going on and to try to fix problems that pop up from time to time with FS 2004. I've been "flying" since FS98 and what a lot of changes since then. There are a lot of really, really smart people that read this fourm. Unfortunally, I'm not one of them. I am retired and do fly a lot but that does not mean that I know how to fix a lot of the problems that people ask here. Every once in a while someone askes something that I have fixed in the past and I can pass it on to them, but not very often. Most of the people go out of their way and spend a lot of time and effort to help other people.The one person that comes to mind the most is Opa ! He may not "chime" in at the start of every problem, but many many times if no one else can "fix" the problem, he can and does. In IMHP, Opa knows FS2004 as well or better than anyone else. His entries prove that to me. I'm sure glad that we have an Opa around to help us when we really need it, so........ (drum roll) I here by nominate Opa for Flightsim's man for the decade 2000 to 2010.jerrycwo4Bravo Zulu ( International signal for WELL DONE)

I second the Nomination, jerryuscg. Opa has always been a source of help and knowledge. His tips were great and I still have then stored away for quick reference.Bob

Guest ger-ray
This has been on my mind for a long time. Like most of you I have to read this forum every couple of days to keep up with whats going on and to try to fix problems that pop up from time to time with FS 2004. I've been "flying" since FS98 and what a lot of changes since then. There are a lot of really, really smart people that read this fourm. Unfortunally, I'm not one of them. I am retired and do fly a lot but that does not mean that I know how to fix a lot of the problems that people ask here. Every once in a while someone askes something that I have fixed in the past and I can pass it on to them, but not very often. Most of the people go out of their way and spend a lot of time and effort to help other people.The one person that comes to mind the most is Opa ! He may not "chime" in at the start of every problem, but many many times if no one else can "fix" the problem, he can and does. In IMHP, Opa knows FS2004 as well or better than anyone else. His entries prove that to me. I'm sure glad that we have an Opa around to help us when we really need it, so........ (drum roll) I here by nominate Opa for Flightsim's man for the decade 2000 to 2010.jerrycwo4Bravo Zulu ( International signal for WELL DONE)
I agree 100% with your selection of "Opa".This person has come to my rescue numerous times; even when his recomendations do not solve the problem immediately he never leaves you "hanging" he continues on nibbling away at other alternatives. Opa is extremely generous with his knowledge as well as with his time. Perfect choice.Ger-Ray :(

Agree absolutely. Opa is a great help to everyone here. He has helped me tremendously in the past and probably will do so againBill

Opa is definitely the #1 "go-to" guy when you need help solving fs9 difficulties. His posts are always thoughtful and instructive; I look for them, regardless of the topic. Thank you, sir, for your time and dedication.

I could not agree more. My Hat's off to you Opa. Thanks for your help in the past and surely in the future. David

Yeppers, I agree 110%, Always trying to help others with fs9 problems, and very knowledgable in doing it also.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Works for me! Count this as my vote :( Regards,Mel

I think Opa is a fine nomination for sure. However for me personally...its Tom Gibson. Tom literally opened up and pretty much pioneered leadership in the propliner space, which has yielded not only great freeware aircraft, panels, scenery and AI, but FDE's, and a unique community. His personal enjoyment of this era in aviation has been contagious through the community he fosters at calclassic.com. I like flying both modern jets, general aviation as well as the classic propliners, however if you spend any time at all in the propliner community you will be very impressed by the level of detail these folks get into.Tom also has a connection to a unique magician coined as FS Aviator, who does not post but renders epistles on both aeronautical engineering, but aircraft handling, etc, etc. thats very technical but results in some amazing corrections to the flight performance of MSFS propeller aircraft. Im not sure its not Tom himself, but the writing of FS Aviator is pretty amazing. Kind of like Batman showing up at a crime scene.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Yeah but you gotta dig Opa's style too. I mean, how many people do you know who would do excludes for Okie's bridges? Slightly off beat sometimes and really cool :)Mark

Yeah but you gotta dig Opa's style too. I mean, how many people do you know who would do excludes for Okie's bridges? Slightly off beat sometimes and really cool :)Mark
No, I totally agree. I dig it man. I did that exclude yesterday and didnt even know there was a problem there because I never fly low and slow in Oklahoma.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Count my vote in too.He is one of those people who I guess have a lot of time on their hands and can dedicate themselves to this hobby fully. While sometimes his answers are not on the spot, as often as it is, they are sometimes very much on the spot. All in all, a very big help to all of us simmers!

Guest melf12

'Opa' has helped me with flight sim problems many times over many years.Add my name to the 'Opa' for Flightsim's man for the decade.Kenl

I would also like to vote for Okra as veggie of the decade. I especially like it fried or in my wife's gumbo. One thing for sure, it's sometimes misunderstood but it's always appreciated!Just my observation,gwillmot