Sign in to follow this  
boing71234567

Wilco or Eaglesoft Citation X?

The Eaglesoft version is much better looking and flies pretty well, FMS is good.I have had some stability issues with it, which other people have also had - although they seem to be improving with the latest version of FSUIPC, hopefully that is not a coincidence. You also need a FULL version of FSUIPC to be able to run it properly, so if you don't already have that then you can add that into the cost.My only bugbear with Eaglesoft is that I have always found their support to be awful. :( Final point is that since the Eaglesoft version is sold through Flight1 you can get a refund if you do not get on with it for up to 30 days after purchase.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Many thanks Alex. :( Gazz. Eaglesoft builds and sells its own products. It happens that we chose to use the F1 Wrapper System and include a 30 Day Refund Option as it is the most user friendly system available.I suppose you could compare our "awful support" to that of the notorious "support merry go round" of the other vendor/publisher mentioned here but to do so would invite a "food fight" would it not?Or could that be your goal here? :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

thanks! I am very happy with the inside of the plane but how is the outside of it? the overall appearence? animations? etc, compared to the wilco one?-thank you

Abacus did a CX in their old Corporate Pilot Series, Eaglesoft built a very successful CX V1.0, Wilco built theirs, and now Eaglesoft offers CX V2.0 w/Full FMS.That is a short history of FS CX 750 Development. There are a number of screenshots at our site and in our Support Forums for your evaluation.In addition, we've heard that the Avsim Review of Eaglesoft Citation X V2.0 is coming soon. Plenty of info in our support forums if you would like to evaluate further. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The Eaglesoft version is much better looking and flies pretty well, FMS is good.My only bugbear with Eaglesoft is that I have always found their support to be awful. :(
Yes, I agree, with Gaz The guys at ES are too grumpy and defensive over almost anythng you say/ask there. Sometimes their attitudes even spill over here as well. I don't think this helps their company or their good planes. For what it matters, I've never had a problem with FeelThere over years asking so many questions on their boards. I even got direct and quite reasonable answers from Wilco! (lol, but that was only via email). As to CitationX its FMS seriously lacks Direct to proper functionality. I'd say it is the biggest issue for me with CX now. I hope it won't take them long to complete it. Otherwise their planes are really good. In view of the above my first personal choice now is ERJ-135v2. CX is the second, and I can recommend strongly to buy it.Dirk.

ES support may be a little terse at times, but the fact remains that if you're looking for a complete and detailed Citation X with a largely fully functional FMS, flight model, etc, the ES Citation X 2.0 is the only choice.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

The ES CX v2.0 is not only the best CX but also one of the best addon aircraft for FS ever. You simply cannot compare the two CXs, and yes I own both, although one is long gone from my HD. If you are in any way into bizjets, the ES CX is a must have. Their support is also one of the best. I've never dealt with any other developer who fixes bugs so fast and so completely on something of this complexity. The way they fix bugs is pretty much how we would WISH others would do.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Gazz. Eaglesoft builds and sells its own products. It happens that we chose to use the F1 Wrapper System and include a 30 Day Refund Option as it is the most user friendly system available.I suppose you could compare our "awful support" to that of the notorious "support merry go round" of the other vendor/publisher mentioned here but to do so would invite a "food fight" would it not?Or could that be your goal here? :(
As usual you see a motive where non exists. I know Eaglesoft build it and sell it through Flight 1. I am more than happy with that and I would recommend it to anyone since I have used the 30 day refund option and know how well it works, for the record I did NOT use it on the Citation X v2 which I a pretty happy with - there are a few issues that I have with it, which I will attempt to take up on your support forums, although wether I get an answer is another question.Actually rather than leave it open and have people thinking that there is something terminally wrong with the bird: one is the use of VNAV on SIDS & STARS, which I am still trying to get my head around - however I guess this has been tested to death so is probably something I am doing - especially since I have only just started using them. The second is how you divert to another airport in flight (alternate or other), I know you can't build a new plan, but can you "divert" ?? Neither query is a killer for me .. .. .. I like the Citation and would recommend it.I don't know what Wilco/Feelthere's support is like, it may well be worse than yours although your post actually makes my point better than I can since your first instinct is to try and accuse me of something which is false, something which I have seen time and time again on your own forums. I have no goal other than perhaps you looking at how you respond or NOT to support requests, I don't compare it to any other company - in my opinion, your support is very poor - if you don't like that then rather than spend time attacking me set your own house in order.G
thanks! I am very happy with the inside of the plane but how is the outside of it? the overall appearence? animations? etc, compared to the wilco one?-thank you
The Eaglesoft one is much better looking. They seem to have captured the look of the plane, unlike the Wilco which just looks wrong. Just do a search on YOUTUBE if you want to see - you can tell the difference !!G

ES support may be a little terse at times, but the fact remains that if you're looking for a complete and detailed Citation X with a largely fully functional FMS, flight model, etc, the ES Citation X 2.0 is the only choice.
More or less same thing if you want a good boeing. Pmdg boeings are basically the only good choice even if their support@prec*.* in my experience is very sad.Take it or leave it :(

I remember asking the diversion question once. The answer is no you cannot since the CX does not support a second flightplan, which is what you need to do a diversion the right way. Yes I do agree that some of ES team are way too defensive about their work. Whatever you ask the attitude is pretty much that you don't really know what you are talking about. Only wish you'd read the manual. And whatever problem you present you will often get a it's not my fault it's yours. Their attitude intimidate some customers while annoys the rest. But if you look beyond that, what is GREAT about ES is they do look into everything mentioned afterall and they won't let go of anything that does need fixing or improvement. And then there is their excessive "hijacking" of topics here. "We have rights too." Yes they certainly do. It's not about violation but rather bad taste. I don't see a SINGLE other developer who does so, and for good reasons. It annoys way more than it pleases. But in FS we are pretty much dealing with all small shops and individual craftsmen. These talented people work at their syfy work bench all day and they turn around to attend us when needed. It's against the nature of the business to expect corporate style customer service. If I have to choose I'd rather have plenty great addons and all the bugs fixed than a corporate smiley face. In that sense I personally rate ES a top notch developer. Yes it would be nice to have both but I can't think of one that offers both...aeroworx was pretty good...

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

But if you look beyond that, what is GREAT about ES is they do look into everything mentioned afterall and they won't let go of anything that does need fixing or improvement.
Very good observation, windycloud, and I suspected it too. Whatever you point out or request at ES, they know more hard work is coming their way, because they themseles won't let go of anything broken or non-completed in their planes. And therefore their initial reaction or just instinct is more like to retaliate you first and then tackle the problem. Poor guys, I wish their MSFS business were more compensating.Dirk.

I remember asking the diversion question once. The answer is no you cannot since the CX does not support a second flightplan, which is what you need to do a diversion the right way.
That is a damn shame, I can understand given the level of complexity that it would be awkward to do a full plan - although I would have thought it would be well within Ed's considerable abilities to let you change and go direct - that should suit 90% of users !! As for the attitude stuff I would agree with that 100%...G

Gazz, the OP question was for a direct aircraft comparison. It is interesting that he did not ask for an opinion on the relative merits of each vendors product support.You introduced the subject and we wondered why? That's not an accusation, just a question as to why do so if you did not intend to see this become a "food fight" over what you call "awful support".Anyway, thanks for your input on the aircraft itself. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png