Sign in to follow this  
JusJ

Orbx announces new projects

Thanks Jeroen :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

What does Blue, Gold etc. mean? For example, Pacific Fjords and the Rockies are called "NA Blue" while Northern California will be called "NA Gold".

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

What does Blue, Gold etc. mean? For example, Pacific Fjords and the Rockies are called "NA Blue" while Northern California will be called "NA Gold".
Jimmie,It's just their naming designation scheme. Instead of region 1,2,3,4 or A,B,C,D they use Blue, Green, Gold and Red. What probably started with a bit of an Austalian regional peculiarity, such as the cool blue south, the Gold Coast, the Red outback and the green tropical north has exported well to North America. Colours are good...think of the great White North! :( StephenPS: By the way if you have not gone Waltzing Matilda down by the billybog with their Australian scenery you are missing a truly great experience. The love and attention these geniuses have lavished on their beloved homeland is a joy to behold. :( It has been contagious to thousands around the world.

Laaaaaame....No Northeast US? None of my money gets spent on Orbx. FIGHT THE POWER! FIGHT THE POWER! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!!Seriously though, I was hoping to see some eastward marching with the project. Perhaps they are leveraging their custom texture sets in regions of the world which can already use them. My preferences have me enjoying flights in areas I am familiar with. If there is good scenery available for it, all the better. I typically do not choose to fly in an area just because there is good scenery. Therefore, scenery purchases are rare for me unless it benefits the areas I enjoy. I'd love for Orbx to divulge some of their trade secrets and methods though (*fat chance)... I'd love to give at shot at creating a similar setup in my New England area of operation! I guess I'll have to keep waiting for the next set of product announcements...-Greg

Laaaaaame....No Northeast US? None of my money gets spent on Orbx. FIGHT THE POWER! FIGHT THE POWER! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!!Seriously though, I was hoping to see some eastward marching with the project. Perhaps they are leveraging their custom texture sets in regions of the world which can already use them. My preferences have me enjoying flights in areas I am familiar with. If there is good scenery available for it, all the better. I typically do not choose to fly in an area just because there is good scenery. Therefore, scenery purchases are rare for me unless it benefits the areas I enjoy. I'd love for Orbx to divulge some of their trade secrets and methods though (*fat chance)... I'd love to give at shot at creating a similar setup in my New England area of operation! I guess I'll have to keep waiting for the next set of product announcements...-Greg
It seems to me that they started with the most picturesque area of the US to begin with (which makes sense when your product is geared towards VFR flight), and then logically they are expanding by tackling adjoining areas to the PNW.

When i 1st read about Sprit flyer spending 20 hours on tweaking i just shook my head and said' holly molly' this new Orbx and new scenery is shinning a whole new light on our simming future and tweaking with what's coming out . This is just the begining and i'm sure Orbx will be available in time to cover all America and more.

A little sneak peak @ the aircraft they're doing,Looks like single engine,maybe Bonanza? The gauges look spectacular!! I'm very excited about The North/South Rockies!! What/Where is Pacific Fjords?1.jpg

Northern California, hooraaay! Wonder if they can say what order the new projects will be developed.

Badaboom, I'd imagine the Pacific Fjords region would link the PNW to Tongass Fjords.

Man, I'm gonna be in PNW FTX heaven with all those goodies coming this way

Blake

My preferences have me enjoying flights in areas I am familiar with. If there is good scenery available for it, all the better. I typically do not choose to fly in an area just because there is good scenery. Therefore, scenery purchases are rare for me unless it benefits the areas I enjoy.
Very understandable. I used to think like that as well. Untill Orbx came along with their Aussie scenery. Haven't used FSX anywhere else since then; so by now Aussieland has become familiar :( I've learned that flying over good scenery beats flying in familiar areas with only default, or partially enhanced scenery anytime!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Badaboom, I'd imagine the Pacific Fjords region would link the PNW to Tongass Fjords.
Thank You!!! Wow! Fantastic,great idea to link up with Tongass Fjords!

I am chomping at the bit for Orbx Florida, there are no really good sceneries for FL, and it's my home state.C'mon John make it happen!