Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi guys, nice forum you have going here. Been lurking for some time now. And a very special thanks goes out to ******* for making my FSX experience better than ever. I have tried this mod on my 5870, and the the sim is smoother, no doubt. Though the fps has not improved the sim feels much better. Very nice. My "specs":Using CCC Super Sampling AA16X AFBP=0Affinity Mask=14HighmemfixForceFullScreenVSync=1Shader Mod 3.0EnbseriesREX2PROLBLEM: I get black bars/spikes/artifacts on & off. They come and go. I can get rid of them by turing on/off the menu bar (alt). Its always the same type, a black "spike" in front of my view that disapears if I pan aound. Otherwise the IQ/FPS is excellent!The problem showed up AFTER this mod.Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Tried it too, there is a big improvement in smoothness and fps when fog, clouds or dust from heli downwash are displayed. No problems of any kind. BP=0 ATI 5780 with 9.12 drivers CCC:AA 4x (Box) AF 16x AI disabled Mipmap: quality Vsynch off Super-sample AAThank you very much for your work *******.

...The only thing I noticed is the water reflections seem a bit too much...Thanks everyone!
That's one of the reasons to use FS Water Configurator. Maybe a compatible version will be released.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Just want to add that Shader mod 3.0 is working great here as well on my HD5870! Noticed much smoother/fluid flight and able to maintain consistant FPS thru all kinds of heavy weather conditions.Using CCC 2X Super Sampling AA16X AFBP=0Affinity Mask=14HighmemfixForceFullScreenVSync=1Shader Mod 3.0EnbseriesActive Sky EvolutionREX2My FSX experience looks better and runs smoother than it ever has! The only thing I noticed is the water reflections seem a bit too much. FSX water set at High 2X. Is there a way to tone down the water reflections a bit? Could it be the REX2 water textures? Thanks everyone!
Vandolf,If you get the latest drivers installed you might well be able to up the SSAA to x4 or x8... :(
Unbelievable! I just tried using 8X Super Sampling AA, lost a few FPS but cant believe the smoothness is still there! 8X SSAA averaging 18-20 FPS with FSX frames locked @ 26. At 2X and 4X SSAA I'm getting around 24 to 26 FPS. Think I'll stick with 4X as a happy medium.This is in the Cool Sky MD80 Pro taking off from Imagine Sim KLGA, flying around Aerosoft's ManhattanX and landing at FSDT KJFK with UTX, GEX, REX2, ASE and EZCA.Scenery Complexity and Autogen at Very DenseLOD at 3.5Mesh Complexity 100%Mesh Resolution 10mTexture Resolution 7cmWater High 2xSpecial Effects HighI tried increasing the LOD but gives me a g3d.dll CTD after a while. Tried using RejectThreshold=131071 to prevent the g3d crash but no avail.The last time I tried 8X SSAA was before all these new tweaks and it wasn't even flyable. Still using CCC 10.3 Drivers. FSX is running so smooth and great I'm afraid to even try the newer drivers. Kudos to everyone!

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

Hi guys, nice forum you have going here. Been lurking for some time now. And a very special thanks goes out to ******* for making my FSX experience better than ever. I have tried this mod on my 5870, and the the sim is smoother, no doubt. Though the fps has not improved the sim feels much better. Very nice. My "specs":Using CCC Super Sampling AA16X AFBP=0Affinity Mask=14HighmemfixForceFullScreenVSync=1Shader Mod 3.0EnbseriesREX2PROLBLEM: I get black bars/spikes/artifacts on & off. They come and go. I can get rid of them by turing on/off the menu bar (alt). Its always the same type, a black "spike" in front of my view that disapears if I pan aound. Otherwise the IQ/FPS is excellent!The problem showed up AFTER this mod.Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
I have given up on ENB. I use two monitors - and it seems like a known bug. Glad for any hints on how to use it anyway though.

That's one of the reasons to use FS Water Configurator. Maybe a compatible version will be released.jja
i already have a way to reduce water reflections. I'll be posting the info late in the afternoon

Guest 413X3

I am seeing cloud and weather flashes. First it's raining then suddenly it stops, and the ground reflections go away, then they flash back and the reflections and rain effects are back. Also there are so many blocks around my airplane when cruising at altitude. This never happened before. Any suggestions on how to fix?

I am seeing cloud and weather flashes. First it's raining then suddenly it stops, and the ground reflections go away, then they flash back and the reflections and rain effects are back. Also there are so many blocks around my airplane when cruising at altitude. This never happened before. Any suggestions on how to fix?
I've updated the Shader mod 3 times already... what version are you using?

I've updated the Shader mod 3 times already... what version are you using?
*******,Is this with the update to fix the very bright water ?BTW : thanks for al your work

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

*******,Is this with the update to fix the very bright water ?BTW : thanks for al your work
Not yet... however, if you (or anyone) can spot the differences in the following HIGH QUALITY before/after pictures I'll send him/her the updated version BEFORE I release it oficially.The Before/After with the Water screenies are not important, you'll see why when you see them, I'm interested in the differences in the 'other' shots.Here's the link:http://www.venetubo.com/BEFORE_AFTER.zipI re-wrote the entire Water shader. Its night and day ;) the changes were (for the techno-geeks):- Updated Minification and Magnification filters for the Water Bump Texture sampler (before were LINEAR, now ANISO)- Set Negative LOD Bias (-1) for Water, so terrain reflections look a bit more real- Fog Calculation (required for SM3) is now passed inside the Water vColor array directly to the pixel shader- SM4 (from the DX10 shader) bump calculations, wind factors and some other DX10 Water features are now present in SM3 (DX9)- Terrain now has a negative LOD bias of -8- Clouds have now their OWN texture sampler, so no min/mag/mip filters are used for cloud rendering (better performance)- Cloud LOD bias set to 1 - Etc. etc. etc etc...

Guest 413X3

not sure which version I am using, I think just the link in you original post. Should I download it again, was it updated? Can't wait to try your water tweaks, Thanks!! Does REX2.0 edit these files as well or can I update rex textures without any conflict? Can you email me the latest shader mod plus that water mod?To me the clouds look more like they have better depth, and the water, looks a lot better! less fake reflections

Just tried the last version.I have to say that it is an improvement over the former versions.So very good work.The inland lakes/rivers at the Netherlands could be a little darker, but that I can solve by choosing a darker version in REX.Or I will make the exisitng bmp files for thoses water slightly darker.Thanks for all the hard work !

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

*******,I tried the latest version and I definately think there is now some performance improvement, though I also think the 10.4 driver update did a lot of good as well.One thing I did notice was those smoke stacks again - this time, the smoke is correctly aligned with the top of the chimney, but in poor visibility the smoke is way too dark and can be seen for miles. The original shaders appear to blend the smoke colour with the fog colour so it appears more gradually.Looking forward to the next version!Kind regardsDave

in poor visibility the smoke is way too dark and can be seen for miles.
I just made a quick screenshot for you, please see attached. It's 50% of original size.Kind regardsDave

Guest pwheeler

Hi guys,This looks really interesting. I just wanted to confirm to you all that this mod is not currently compatible with FS Water Configurator.If you run FSWC it will overwrite the shader files this mod installs. Since our shader does not have the relevant code to allow shader model 3 it will stop FSX from showing water completely.We may look into making FSWC+ compatible with this mod when we are nearer release.