Sign in to follow this  
dolin

Your worst experiences with a PMDG aircraft

Guest yurob70

20Feet over ground Windshear and my Right gear broken fully on the MD-11.And Crashed with JS4100 on landing grass with Engine fire

BBC News Report: Earlier this morning an MD-11 Commercial Airliner flying with Precision Manuals Development Group crashed at Georgia's Hartsfield-Atlanta International Airport after the pilot attempted to depart the runway with the control-yoke disconnected. No-one was injured when professional pilot George Morris forgot to ensure his flight controls were connected to his aircraft before the failed departure. PMDG's Robert S. Randazzo was not available to comment, but the groups help desk suggested this was a common occurrence. The crashed MD-11 was written off, making this is the eight-hundredth hull loss of a PMDG aircraft this month.After a brief investigation, the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) commented by saying "ROFL!"
Very nice post-crash investigation report... For a minute I thought I was watching NG's Air Crash Investigation Series... hahaha! :( :( :(

Roy Joven T. Benzonan

AS136 - AirSource Virtual Pilot Union

Acer Aspire 5738G, Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2Ghz), 4GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon (512MB graphics), Windows 7 (64-bit)

Add-ons: Radar Contact V4, Activesky Evolution, FDC Live Cockpit

Flight Planning: FSBuild2, Navigraph nDAC3

Aircrafts: PMDG NGX/747-8i, LDS 767, CS C130

800driver.jpg

I flyng from EDDF-KORD MD11-F Lufthansa Cargo LH8400 approach rwy 32L, but i forgot turn of the A/T ! I think why can reverst trust on, and i saw the end of the runway holy ###### :( ! I thought only I will die and on Holly Valance . Then Overshoot runway :( all ILS antennas broken .best regard from EDDMChris

Christian Urban

Munich

Guest VFRDude

Well, I was flying from LSGG-WSSS (fake flight, I know.) The 744 was just tilting left and right nonstop, no matter if it was on autopilot L, C, or R. It was odd, and it did it most of the flight. :( Pierre Bastings.

Well, I was flying from LSGG-WSSS (fake flight, I know.) The 744 was just tilting left and right nonstop, no matter if it was on autopilot L, C, or R. It was odd, and it did it most of the flight. :( Pierre Bastings.
Ive had that problem a few times on my MD-11. it happens just randomly at any time in a flight and the only way ive found to stop it is disconnect autopilots and flight directors and hand fly for about 10 mins then rengeage everything. Any one else having this problem?

If you had "real world weather" on then that is your cause. Get a registered copy of FSUIPC and click "smooth winds"

Ready to land the 737 at Rhodes (LGRD) less than 3 miles off the threshold. The passengers were excited for their about-to-start holiday and I was happy to finish a smooth flight. Flaps, airspeed, autoland etc etc okay...I could almost see the people swimming at the beach below us when... for some totally unclear reason both engines stopped working! To make a short story even shorter the plane was too slow to make it to the runway and I crashed on some of the swimmers. Too bad. Many virtual pax will never go for holiday again. :D

George Golas

----------------------

I hate gravity!

Guest VFRDude
If you had "real world weather" on then that is your cause. Get a registered copy of FSUIPC and click "smooth winds"
Yup, that was the issue. I'll register FSUIPC soon, just haven't been on FS much recently.Pierre Bastings.

My worst experiences in a PMDG aircraft happened just last night. The first time I tried the IGS 13 Kai Tak approach (Flytampa) I managed to bore a 747-sized hole in a number of skyscrapers, and the second try was a great simulation of the Air China 747 that ended up parked around 150ft beyond the far end of the runway. Oops! Must try harder.Cheers, Chris Dalgarno

I do not have a signature. Why are you reading this?

This is a discussion topic about our mishaps caused using a PMDG aircraft.I'm sure everyone here (me first) has caused some "disasters" while flying any PMDG aircraft, maybe for inexperience, maybe for distractions, maybe for a series on unfortunate events.This topic is for sharing our mistakes that build up our experience, learn from them and maybe have a laugh togetherPS: this is not meant to humiliate anyoneWell, I've made a BIG error just yesterday: I was about to depart from RCTP when I began pushing back with parking brake set!I realised my mistake only after pushback as I saw BRAKE TEMP on the upper eicas, and the temperature readout in the GEAR page was 9!!I thought OMG!, read the manual and decided to contunie anyway, as I knew brakes would work as normal (failures were disabled)I had to keep the gear down after takeoff until 5000 feet to cool them a little, anyway the brakes didn't cool until way later.Waiting for your stories!
OOM error after a 9-10 hour flight, during final approach, stablished on ILS, in landing configurantion and about to disconnect AP ant A/T to fly the last 5-6 miles visual...... :( :( Best! ;)P.S.- using the 744 of course.

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

OK so it wasn't a PMDG plane but I recently had what looked for all the world like a runaway trim. I was flying a MD-82 into LSZH and through 10,000 feet I got an AP discon and increasing nose up pitch.Turns out one of my saitek x52 hat switches had fatigued and 'stuck' in the 'trim nose up' position under its own weight. By the time I got it sorted (and after a few nasty pitch excursions!) I was rather lower than I had planned...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I had set up a long haul from KLAX-YSSY and I was super excited to bring the Queen in to land and was on short final and the power went out. Yeah...

Paul Davies CFMEII KMWH

Coolermaster Sniper Case | Corsair 750 W PSU | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Mobo | Core i7 3770 3.4 Ghz | Coolermaster Seidon 240 MM Liquid Cooled CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 780 | GSkill 3 x 2 GB DDR3 | 2 x Velociraptor 500 GB HD | 2 x Samsung 840 Pro SSD 250 GB (1 Dedicated Windows, 1 Dedicated FSX/P3D) | Windows 7 64 Bit

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg       pmdg_trijet.jpg

Interesting thread, I especially like the fake BBC thing!Anyway, I can't say having a lot of mistakes with specifically PMDG aircraft, because I only started with those after having had experience with other planes first. Even the J41 never had an engine melt down yet. The one time it happened, I did it on purpose because I wanted to admire the fire effect...The only times when stuff went awry, was when I forgot to disengage A/T on landing. Like many others in this thread alreasy said, you just keep thinking "Why doesn't reversre thrust do anything?!"Then you ntoice the A/T is on...Other times, there was a bad AFCAD at my arrival airport. At ESSA, I later discovered, I had three AFCADs in the scenery folder: one installed by MyTrafficX, one installed by Aerosoft MAP Arlanda and one that came with Aerosoft's Scandinavian Airport scenery. Imagine this: you land first time at ESSA and end up next to the runway. You ntoice the planes parked in terminals... Truly an AFCAD issue. You dig through the scenery files and discover a culprit. You disable it, redo ther landing and the same happens again, and it turns out there is another AFCAD. *sigh*For the rest, that's it, I think. I haven't had any big, embarrasing issues yet with PMDg aircraft. I did have some pretty interesting stuff happen with the Wilco PIC 737, where I forgot to align the IRS (in those days I didn't know about the existence of an IRS) which ended up in having no autopilot. Oh well, I know better now...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Wow, I wouldn't think there would be so many people with "bad" experiences like me! I thank you all guysBut I have a question for the 747-400 users: Is there a way to tell if you tail-struck during rotation (apart from the sim that crashes)?I'm also going to share another story:EHAM-TNCM, Boeing 747-400. Halfway over the Atlantic the TANK/ENG message appeared. As always, I switched off the OVRD tanks and the XFeeds 1-4. Another message appears: XFEED CONFIG."Not again!" I thought (this is an issue that happens when the fuel quantity in tanks 1 or 4 is greater than tank 3 but lesser than tank 2, and it happens quite often to me) and I looked at the Fuel synoptic, seeing what I was expecting to see: 30000 pounds of fuel in tanks 1-4, 35000 in tank 2 and 28000 in tank 3.I came up with an idea: open all crossfeeds and shut down the pumps for tank 1,3 and 4, so that tank 2 would burn all fuel in excess before restoring everything, in the meanwhile Iwanted to check my email. What a bad idea.I forgot that my FS2Crew copilot would perform again the TANK/ENG procedure, because he should perform it in the first place, and he cannot see the position of switches and knobs in the cockpit, he can just move or click them pre-determined times.So I returned from the Net and I found that Engine 1 and 4 were off. Quickly I paused the sim and got aware of the mistake. However several minutes passed in the simulator (rate of sim 4X) and the engines remained off for a long time. So much for fuel efficiency!Anyway Thanks you again, and keep going!

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb

My worst experiences in a PMDG aircraft happened just last night. The first time I tried the IGS 13 Kai Tak approach (Flytampa) I managed to bore a 747-sized hole in a number of skyscrapers, and the second try was a great simulation of the Air China 747 that ended up parked around 150ft beyond the far end of the runway. Oops! Must try harder.Cheers, Chris Dalgarno
:) just how many timed did I fly RCTP-VHHX? And every time I turn too wide and find myself right over the taxiway, forced to align almost over the threshold or go-around.

mastery.jpg

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit / Intel Core i5-3550 @3.30 GHz / 8.00 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon HD 7800 2Gb