Sign in to follow this  
KnightFlyer

1st Solo Xcountry (cont) :)

Just a few 'screens' from my adventureI had a scattered to broken layer in front of me that I descended at -1400 on my VSI to get below. What a blast! 27883_923688174382_5138196_51050226_1487640_n.jpgthis is my 1st checkpoint, exactly the same spot and representation in MegaScenery Earth27883_923688458812_5138196_51050259_992811_n.jpgmy view27883_923688573582_5138196_51050275_7017816_n.jpgUniversal Studios27883_923688528672_5138196_51050268_6466404_n.jpgEpcot center in the distance

Congrats!! It all looks very familiar. Just passed Epcot riding with a friend this morning in fact. I'm going to have to move this one over to the real aviation photos forum.

Jeremy "rightseater" Fletcher

Well, it looks like you kept the blue bit above and the green bit below, which is always a good thing. Congratulations.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Congrats man!I actually just got my PPL on Monday! I did all my training in South Florida out of KOPF, but now I am cut loose to see the rest of the state.Megascenery Earth FL does a pretty good job.I think I am going for my TailDragger endorsement next.

Nice pics and congrats. If your like me, you will never forget your first solo cross country. It's been 20 years since I did mine, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Congrats man!I actually just got my PPL on Monday! I did all my training in South Florida out of KOPF, but now I am cut loose to see the rest of the state.Megascenery Earth FL does a pretty good job.I think I am going for my TailDragger endorsement next.
Congrats to you as well PingPong. I just drove past your home airport the other day looking for a restaurant called La Carreta and it turned out it was near North Perry Airport, but I never found it so I ate at the Hooters on the northwest corner of North Perry airport. :(I wish there was some better south Florida photo scenery available, beside the MegaSceneryEarth stuff. I bought the Ft Lauderdale and Miami tiles the day it came out and was really disappointed in the quality. Then I bought the stuf from Flightsimdesigns and its not much better.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The worst tiles from the megascenery collection are the South FL tiles, the color is all wrong also half of Tampa is bleached out while the rest is okay. The tiles for the rest of the state(the part with no cities are not too bad).I actually bought the flight sim designs tiles as well and they are a mild improvement.Florida looks pretty good with Tileproxy, but then you have to deal with all of the liimitations of that program.I always wondered if I could mix the autogen and night lighting maps from megascenery with the tileproxy tiles, I might have some decent scenery...if only.

Congrats to you too PingPong! can't wait to cross the finish line myself.Hopefully i'll get to take a trip down to my hometown of Ft. Lauderdale one day. Although I do hear that Ft. Laud Exec is one busy mother for Class C. I purchased FlightSimDesigns Ft. Lauderdale and I was actually pretty impressed. MegaScenery Earth's version was just terrible and riddled with clouds.

Congrats on the XC Solo! I did all my flight training down there out of SFB. Was a blast flying near Disney at night during fireworks!

CFII & Delta 737 First Officer

Congrats!! Can't wwait for the cross-country flights.. I coming up on my First-Solo (not XC yet) within the next week. It's getting exciting. I should have my PPL hopefully by mid to late August I hope!I'm doing my training out of KFCM, with the practice area being about 25-30 miles southwest, and we do a lot of landing practice out at KGYL (Glencoe) which is west of KFCM.Some day I'll make my way down to Florida!-m@

Matt Salo - Minneapolis, MN, USA (KMSP & KFCM) - My Flight Blog

* PP-ASEL / 1981 C172P & 1982 C172P *

Virtual Pilots Association

I'm doing my training out of KFCM, with the practice area being about 25-30 miles southwest, and we do a lot of landing practice out at KGYL (Glencoe) which is west of KFCM.
Are you flying out of Thunderbird? I worked as an instructor at Flying Scotchman at Crystal (KMIC). Based out of MSP now with Mesaba.

I flew out of Tbird for a while back in 2002.... before I went to college... now work ATC in Duluth

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

now work ATC in Duluth
Very nice, I'm sure we've talked then lol. Flew to DLH a lot while instructing and did a lot of DLH flying for Mesaba last fall.