Sign in to follow this  
edemeijer

Qualitywings 757 review

I just read the review of the Qualitywings 757. The reviewer states that the product does not include TCAS, but that is not true! TCAS is included (without the need of FSUIPC)!Please refer to the manual (page 132) which can be found here

Beat me to it.

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

I just read the review of the Qualitywings 757. The reviewer states that the product does not include TCAS, but that is not true! TCAS is included (without the need of FSUIPC)!Please refer to the manual (page 132) which can be found here
I don't think the reviewer meant it didn't have TCAS, just that he thought it didn't work right, or at least needed improvement!"Some of the functions of this aircraft that I thought could have been improved upon are the TCAS functions while flying either online or offline."

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I don't think the reviewer meant it didn't have TCAS, just that he thought it didn't work right, or at least needed improvement!"Some of the functions of this aircraft that I thought could have been improved upon are the TCAS functions while flying either online or offline."
Correct. It does have TCAS, but it doesn't work in the traditional fashion. The TCAS comes on by pushing the traffic button and I thought that it could have been improved since there is even a freeware TCAS that works "correctly".

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I think what led to confusion was also in the end of the review:"I couldn’t honestly think of anything I didn’t like about the product. You get what you pay for and perhaps the only thing that could take this product over the top would be the upgrade of this mid level simulation to a full systems simulation or perhaps the inclusion of a working TCAS."One might think that meant that TCAS wasn't included or that it was included, but didn't work.
The TCAS comes on by pushing the traffic button
Yes, it does. But then again, do you really need TCAS turned on when you're taxiing along on the ground? :(

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I think what led to confusion was also in the end of the review:"I couldn

My apologies if there were any misunderstandings....what I meant by "working" is that it would work correctly.
Now I just have one further question, as I can't quite figure this one out. What exactly do you mean when you say it doesn't work correctly.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Now I just have one further question, as I can't quite figure this one out. What exactly do you mean when you say it doesn't work correctly.
I looked over the review and I see the problem....I was actually talking about the transponder not whether the TCAS works or not. I was hopping the transponder would have greater functionality and that it would work as designed. An adjustment to the review will be made. Thanks for spotting this.

There will be an amendment to the review posted shortly. The reviewer has sent an amendment correcting statements that you (the readers) have already pointed out. Thanks for the heads up on these points. it's nice to know that you like to keep the reviewrs hones :(

i know this doesnt have to do with the TCAS topic i just would like to add that i read in the "dislikes" about poor framerates....on my setup P4 3ghz 3gb ram GTS 250 that this bird get better framerates then level D, Captain Sim, and even the Coolsky Super 80 and Flight1 ATR and even the PMDG 737 and those came out years ago.....thats my 2 cents....mike

Also:Please take note that the original release and SP1 does -NOT- have FSX native models. They are FS9 port-overs. However--SP2 -WILL- have FSX native -AND- DX10 compatible models. It will vastly improve frames. It is in the works as we speak and will be available as a free upgrade.

Some small comments redarding the 'Redux'review.- Its not clear whether the 2nd reviewer is the same as the first reviewer,if the reviewers name could be added that'd be great.- A link to the first review (and visa versa) so readers can know there are 2 versions.- Listing the review systems spec, it would help in comparing performance since 'poor frame rates' was mentioned regarding FSX.- This sentence can probably be excluded... '(Navigraph support will be available soon.)' Navigraph support for the QW757 has been there since April when SP1 was released.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

At the risk that my name was omitted according to the dark designs of the reviews editor to which I am not privy, I think it only fair to accept any criticism since I wrote it. I don't know why the byline was not there. The system specs were inadvertantly omitted in the draft, though supplied subsequently by email. Perhaps Robert can get those added. I enjoyed the product and am looking forward to the native FSX models and frame rate increase.

Guest Angelique-van-Campen
At the risk that my name was omitted according to the dark designs of the reviews editor to which I am not privy, I think it only fair to accept any criticism since I wrote it. I don't know why the byline was not there. The system specs were inadvertantly omitted in the draft, though supplied subsequently by email. Perhaps Robert can get those added. I enjoyed the product and am looking forward to the native FSX models and frame rate increase.
Tim,I miss a little bit the point why there's a "redux" review of this software. Looking to the review header I've got the impression that both cover the FS9/FSX version or do I miss something?

Tim,I miss a little bit the point why there's a "redux" review of this software. Looking to the review header I've got the impression that both cover the FS9/FSX version or do I miss something?
I dunno. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have two perspectives on the same product, but these things are decided at a higher pay grade than mine.