Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Updated Feelthere A320/330 series.

Just thought I'd start a thread about the new updates coming out for Feelthere's Airbus. As an FS9er these days this is welcome news as many other FS plane developers have jumped ship. What do you guys think of this upcoming release?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I am glad, but I hope this will mean a fix for the FDE issue of the A320. If they don't fix that, then I'm not sure a service pack has much use. That FDE issue has as a consequence that many other things stop working correctly, too. Of course, better VNAv calculations are of course also welcome, but there's not much use fixing that if the FDE is not fixed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just thought I'd start a thread about the new updates coming out for Feelthere's Airbus. As an FS9er these days this is welcome news as many other FS plane developers have jumped ship. What do you guys think of this upcoming release?
I am curious if Eric is involved in this. I have his upgrade(s) for the existing buses and I must say they all fly pretty well for me. If you know what to avoid there are usually no problems. I love the fly-by-wire system in FT/Wilco buses and if they truly deliver what they promise this time, I think we'll finally have a decent Airbus series. Not vaporware in big, fiery letters that were painted all over our virtual skies a few times, but a good Airbus with working systems.My .02 eurocentsRegards,Jure

I bought Eric's upgrade for the Airbus V1 and it completely broke my installation. If it's just that then I'd be wary about installing it...It's a patch though, isn't it? They aren't charging for this?- daniel

Les, checkout the FSX thread, its becoming quite heated........ :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

It's certainly good news. I look forward to the list of features.Edit: but hey Dillon, you know what would be even better news? one such major upgrade for your 737 (FS9 of course). Is that going to happen someday?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Let's wait and see what get released and then see if it's any good or not. If it turns out that there is finally a decent A320 for FS9, I'll buy it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

It's certainly good news. I look forward to the list of features.Edit: but hey Dillon, you know what would be even better news? one such major upgrade for your 737 (FS9 of course). Is that going to happen someday?
An updated 737 is being tossed around according to Vic. I'm pretty confident an updated 737 will be a reality in the near future. :(
Let's wait and see what get released and then see if it's any good or not. If it turns out that there is finally a decent A320 for FS9, I'll buy it.
For the record the current Feelthere offering is not that bad. I've made some adjustments of my own to where it's darn good on all fronts. An updated version 'will' be the best version available for FS9 hands down. Now if Airsimmer get's their advanced model out the gate things will be different as that model is targeted to model almost every aspect of the Airbus's systems. Airsimmer was the only contender interested in going that deep into the functions of the Airbus.

FS2020 

I am also very excited about this upgrade. I wish they had released a bit more info. IMHO the feelthere Airbus is still the best bus out there and flies very nicely on my system. I had the Airsimmer version for a minute but requested a refund.I still fly the feelthere bus a lot. If only it had a nicer 3D model......As a diehard FS9'er I'm really looking forward to this.Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I bought Eric's upgrade for the Airbus V1 and it completely broke my installation. If it's just that then I'd be wary about installing it...It's a patch though, isn't it? They aren't charging for this?- daniel
What exactly is this Erics upgrade? You purchased it? Whaaa???Could you please elaborate thxs? :)RegardsMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

For the record the current Feelthere offering is not that bad. I've made some adjustments of my own to where it's darn good on all fronts.
Quite possibly. However, I'm not very good at tweeking and would prefer to purchase something that just works. To be fair, I don't own Feelthere's A320, but I've read enough negative comments about it to put me off trying it - that's the only real basis I use before purchasing something and it hasn't let me down yet.As I said earlier, if this update produces a positive result, I'll buy it. I've given up on Airsimmer.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

What exactly is this Erics upgrade? You purchased it? Whaaa???Could you please elaborate thxs? :)RegardsMike
Not sure exactly when, but in the coming weeks a review I wrote about the WIlco Airbus Vol 1 + Eric's upgrade should be published over at simflight.com. If you can spare the time, you might as well wait for the review... That said, it might be best now to wait for the "official" Wilco update they announced.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yes, it was available on his site. Installed it... it didn't work for me. It was supposed to fix a number of issues with the FMC, which I only slightly noticed. But the main problem isthat the throttle and autopilot no longer work properly in the minipanel view (which is in the 2D panel, pressing the "W" key once - I use this for takeoff and landings). For people who do not use this mode there may be no problem, but I was not the only one who experienced this.The "upgrade" was about $30CAD. Eric conversed with me about my problems for awhile, and then wouldn't answer me again. There was no refund available, and I uninstalled it and suffered the loss.If it's an update - and FREE as it should be for a product that never really worked @ 100% - then I'll wait to see if it works for people before I go near it. If they CHARGE for it... man... my opinion of Feelthere/Wilco's business model/support system is already at the point that I will not purchase any more products from them - at least until I see an improvement in both their products and the manner of their support. (For the record I own the CRJ, the E-Jets, and the Airbus Volume 1, none of which have ever worked flawlessly for me. The E-Jet was close, although the supporting charts were incomplete and vague)- daniel

Yes, it was available on his site. Installed it... it didn't work for me. It was supposed to fix a number of issues with the FMC, which I only slightly noticed. But the main problem isthat the throttle and autopilot no longer work properly in the minipanel view (which is in the 2D panel, pressing the "W" key once - I use this for takeoff and landings). For people who do not use this mode there may be no problem, but I was not the only one who experienced this.The "upgrade" was about $30CAD. Eric conversed with me about my problems for awhile, and then wouldn't answer me again. There was no refund available, and I uninstalled it and suffered the loss.If it's an update - and FREE as it should be for a product that never really worked @ 100% - then I'll wait to see if it works for people before I go near it. If they CHARGE for it... man... my opinion of Feelthere/Wilco's business model/support system is already at the point that I will not purchase any more products from them - at least until I see an improvement in both their products and the manner of their support. (For the record I own the CRJ, the E-Jets, and the Airbus Volume 1, none of which have ever worked flawlessly for me. The E-Jet was close, although the supporting charts were incomplete and vague)- daniel
It seemed like too much work for me. I was fine with what I had for the most part and my own personal tweaks.

FS2020