Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

FSX for commercial use.

Keeping with the Dirty Hary theme...you know with all the ruckus I can't remember if I fired five or six shots so do you feel lucky?With your attitude I wouldn't be surprised if you do find your tail caught in a crack... :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Interesting to hear that FSX/FS9 cannot be used as the basis of a pay-per-ride flight simulator. There's a tiny little flight sim/aviation model shop in arrivals in Lisbon Airport Terminal 1 that does exactly that - charge you to play FS for a half hour. I was like "meh" when I saw it :( There are also much large sims with fully functioning cockpits in UK shopping malls like Bluewater in Kent and Westfield in London (i-pilot.info) and I seem to remember reading that their system is based on FS9.I'm not saying that it is right and proper to do this, just saying that it does happen.EDIT: According to PC Pilot magazine I-Pilot do use FS2004 (check the press section on their site for the full review)

The simulator is based on the Boeing 737-7O0 NG (Next Generation) family and uses Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 with scenerv add-ons for improved visual detail.

Interesting to hear that FSX/FS9 cannot be used as the basis of a pay-per-ride flight simulator. There's a tiny little flight sim/aviation model shop in arrivals in Lisbon Airport Terminal 1 that does exactly that - charge you to play FS for a half hour. I was like "meh" when I saw it :( There are also much large sims with fully functioning cockpits in UK shopping malls like Bluewater in Kent and Westfield in London (i-pilot.info) and I seem to remember reading that their system is based on FS9.I'm not saying that it is right and proper to do this, just saying that it does happen.EDIT: According to PC Pilot magazine I-Pilot do use FS2004 (check the press section on their site for the full review)
Thats very interesting, thank's for the info Dave. I'm not sure if ESP is compatible with FS9 so perhaps they are using an unlicensed copy of FS.

Keith Sandford.

Thats very interesting, thank's for the info Dave. Now suppose they are using an ESP version, fair enough, but they have add-ons, which is obviously going to be airports and scenery. It's a very confusing situation to say the least.
It's quite possible they've negotiated a deal to allow them commercial use. I can't really speculate. I was enthusiastic to try their product once they opened up in Westfield, but

It's quite possible they've negotiated a deal to allow them commercial use. I can't really speculate. I was enthusiastic to try their product once they opened up in Westfield, but

Keith Sandford.

There are also much large sims with fully functioning cockpits in UK shopping malls like Bluewater in Kent and Westfield in London (i-pilot.info) and I seem to remember reading that their system is based on FS9.
I believe the simulators at Bluewater and Westfield are from Pacific Simulatorshttp://www.pacificsimulators.com/index.htmlTheir site is worth a visit if only for the 55 min video of a flight. There's no evidence of what is used to drive it. Pacific appears to be a professional outfit so I'd be surprised if it would risk Microsoft's wrath by using unlicenced versions of FS.

I believe the simulators at Bluewater and Westfield are from Pacific Simulatorshttp://www.pacificsimulators.com/index.htmlTheir site is worth a visit if only for the 55 min video of a flight. There's no evidence of what is used to drive it. Pacific appears to be a professional outfit so I'd be surprised if it would risk Microsoft's wrath by using unlicenced versions of FS.
Actually, I'm not sure that's the case. It seems from their website they operate a competing franchise called Flight Experience (http://www.flightexperience.com/). They don't have any UK sites.I'm sure I-pilot's operation is above board, but I don't know anything more than what is shown on their website and in the PC Pilot review.

ESP is FSX without the user interface and it is most defintiely accurate enough for commercial use. It's used in FAA-certified trainers every day.
Indeed lol :(

André

Actually, I'm not sure that's the case. It seems from their website they operate a competing franchise called Flight Experience (http://www.flightexperience.com/). They don't have any UK sites.I'm sure I-pilot's operation is above board, but I don't know anything more than what is shown on their website and in the PC Pilot review.
Pacific's site shows that it manufactures flight simulators. I-Pilot and Flight Experience sites show that they are franchises offering simulation experience to the public. Neither state whose simulators they use. The I-Pilot ones seem very similar to Pacifics. Like you, I'm convinced that al of them are legal.

Pacific's site shows that it manufactures flight simulators. I-Pilot and Flight Experience sites show that they are franchises offering simulation experience to the public. Neither state whose simulators they use. The I-Pilot ones seem very similar to Pacifics. Like you, I'm convinced that al of them are legal.
It appears they are at least for Flight Exprtience! http://www.pacificsimulators.com/Media/New...rk+Expands.html

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d