Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Wow this looks incredible. I wonder how much code it took to implement the vertical situation display and systems.
I don't know for sure on the VSD, but here's food for thought regarding a different system on the plane:The original NG's pneumatic system was 51 lines of code. The NGX's is around 2500. Virtually everything that you can do with the real thing is possible here, all modeled using data gathered from testing it on the real aircraft.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

holly hell this thing is going to rock!!!

It is looking great Cpt. Randazzo. Even if it was just as good as the J41, it would be fantastic, but it looks like you are exceeding the magic that was done with that beauty.Two things that I hope to see very quickly after this is released is FS2Crew Voice Command and Angle of Attack instructional video. I hope you will be working with these two fine fellows as soon as possible, to get their products supporting this block-buster release.I'm looking forward to seeing those full VC pictures (who isn't!). I hope it will be soon.Will there be "click spots" (verses just hotkeys)to bring up the 2D pop-ups?Will the MCP have a 2D pop-up?Will there be a manager that will handle things like ground power, doors and push-back. I really like the way you do it with the MD11, using a page in the FMC.I'm also just curious (because it's really not relevant). Microsoft just announced that they are working on a new simulator (if that is what it will be) called "Flight". How do you think this "Flight" may effect developers, like yourself, who have been working so hard and have been able to do so much with FSX? From the looks of the NGX, I expect simmers will be flying FSX for a long time to come.

Hmmm.. somehow I start to think that this one could make me fly jets.. :(

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Two things that I hope to see very quickly after this is released is FS2Crew Voice Command and Angle of Attack instructional video. I hope you will be working with these two fine fellows as soon as possible, to get their products supporting this block-buster release.I'm also just curious. Microsoft just announced that they are working on a new simulator (if that is what it will be) called "Flight". How do you think this "Flight" will effect developers, like yourself, who have been working so hard and have been able to do so much with FSX?
Bryan and Chris have been collaborators with us for a long time, I'd expect both products out as fast as they can make them.Flight is something we're not really going to address until there's more public info released. As RSR said when they announced it the other day, we may or may not be under NDA as to discussing anything relating to it. tongue.gif Rest assured though, we're well aware of it. Microsoft directly said that they don't even anticipate a beta within the next year, so it's going to be a while still before Flight is any kind of a factor. We're going to keep making FSX addons as planned.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Tiltman
Virtually everything that you can do with the real thing is possible here, all modeled using data gathered from testing it on the real aircraft.
:Applause:Nice, really nice. Now I'm starting to get excited!

I don't know for sure on the VSD, but here's food for thought regarding a different system on the plane:The original NG's pneumatic system was 51 lines of code. The NGX's is around 2500. Virtually everything that you can do with the real thing is possible here, all modeled using data gathered from testing it on the real aircraft.
Will that mean a well modeled weather radar? What about a terrain display? (I don't even know if those are even used in 737s.) Those would be great additions... if of course one can even model it properly. None-the-less, I couldn't be more excited for this!

Guest EdCase

Well what can I say after reading this post?, probably that I don't need to see any more pictures after these.I think we all know now what this bird is going to be like. That means that a Track IR 5 is not an option any more and my homebuilt cockpit will be put on hold for a fair bit of time because I'm convinced now this VC is going to be a whole lot more realistic and a darn sight cheaper. Not to mention the cost, blood,sweat and tears and the time getting every switch and bulb to work. I did already get the servo driven 737 Throttle Quadrant so I'm committed now anyway.I bet that PMDG haven't forgotten these users though, there are many still flying in FS9 so one day the tools will come out again I'm sure ( when I get my dual linked servo yokes :-)For now I'll get the hardware that really matters. That is inside the PC........................!! I reckon Eyefinity on 3 monitors would be a great way to get the most out of this plane, it'll be worth every penny, it looks better than Matrox setups as the panel isn't stretched, the extra displays show the side views.Also although FS doesn't support crossfire when this is enabled with dual cards the performance in eyefinity is increased with 3 monitors.How about 2 Radeon HD 5970's in crossfire and Eyefinity to drive 3 X 22 inch displays gents ? i7- 930 OC'd to 4 Ghz, 6Gb Fast Ram. Asus P6TD Deluxe MB. Windows 7 64 bit etc. BIG 1 KW Enermax PSU. just thinking out loud for the moment.I think a new rig is the least I can do to do this product justice even if it is as efficient as it looks at the moment.The future looks very tasty in simland.Best Regards Ed/

OMFG!! :( That's just amazing! Amongst other great developers that I (we) know, you guys are really viewing from the top!Congratulations! :( :(

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Will that mean a well modeled weather radar? What about a terrain display? (I don't even know if those are even used in 737s.) Those would be great additions... if of course one can even model it properly. None-the-less, I couldn't be more excited for this!
I was referring to the pneumatic system specifically. Our position on weather radar in FSX is well known.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Hi Robert, I am going to build a new machine for this , WOW!Bob Bazley

Guest danhill87

[content removed by moderator]Sir/Madam-Please read and abide by the forum guidelines that require you signing your name to posts in this forum.

Very nice pictures and thanks for the 'update'. Just amazing as every PMDG aircrafts. Have NO words to describe.Congratulations for all developers involved in the 737NGX's development.Keep the great work up, and anxiously awaiting the release.

Matheus Mafra

Two things that I hope to see very quickly after this is released is FS2Crew Voice Command and Angle of Attack instructional video. I hope you will be working with these two fine fellows as soon as
You can expect two (and possibly) three versions of FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 NGX.It should be especially good because we should be able to interface "cleanly" with the 737... no simulated mouse clicks... no need to use keypresses.Expect this:1. Button control version2. Voice Control version3. I may possibly do a special version for real-world pilots that only that simulates 'type-rating' training and deals with failures, emergencies, etc. Number 3 depends on if I can justify the $12,000 it'll cost me to head down to Miami and do a Type Rating on the 737NG at one of the schools there. It'll have to come out of my own pocket.Cheers,

Very nice pictures and thanks for the 'update'. Just amazing as every PMDG aircrafts. Have NO words to describe.Congratulations for all developers involved in the 737NGX's development.Keep the great work up, and anxiously awaiting the release.
very nice PMDG. i hope the 744/748 gets this kind of treatment soon. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler