Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

I can't imagine how PMDG is going to outdo the MD-11. The systems and inter-workings of this craft are beyond belief. I'm still learning new things about this a/c everyday. However, having said that about the MD-11, I hereby withdraw any speculation concerning the NGX... Somehow I know I'll be pleasantly surprised. :)Jack Noulet

Guest b737lvr

Holy Crap was the MD-11 really that good? Now im starting to regret not buying it when i had the chance Cry.gif

Thanks for your very hard work PMDG! But please, no spastic yoke or powerlevers, that would ruin everything :(

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Gentlemen, thats just fantastic! I can't believe my eyes! Such a high level of simulation! But I also have one question, will this aircraft work with Saitek Yoke Pro Flight system correct or not? Especially with throttles  ?

Guest Tiltman

What's up with that font ?Sure, it'l work with a Saitek. You can get everything to work with a saitek.... and we haven't seen anything about the level of simulation the NGX performs yet, just some pic's (but good ones though)...

Robert (and the rest of the PMDG crew),In addition to the dust, dirt, and fingerprints, it looks like you'll have to also worry about the DROOL from all of us. Good thing Howie Mandel (the ultimate germaphobe) isn't on the development team.

While the fps sounds very promising for the NGX, many of us don't have i7's to run it. I think for many of us, a comparison with other addons would serve us better, such as how does the NGX perform compared to the J41? Or the LDS 767, etc... If you can say the NGX exceeds the J41 by 10% for example, then that means a lot to me. There are a lot of simmers with 2-3 year old computers running quad cpu's, and are not ready to replace them for a i7 CPU just yet.

However... some of us still love our 2D cockpits, so can you confirm that the 2D cockpit will be as pin sharp as the VC.
The 2D cockpit is based on the same photography the VC textures are, yes.
Are you planning on testing NGX playability on non-extreme configurations ? e.g. AMD PIIX4 3-3.4GHz/4GB ?
Of course, not everyone on our beta team is running an OCed i7.
Does someone of the PMDG team will write a tutorial in addition of the manual?
I'm going to write it myself with the advice and help of a couple real world NG pilots, yes.
What variant is this taken from, since it has the ETOPS stickers on the panel?Looks very nice, I too instantly drew attention to the VSD. Which increases my interest as to which variant this is from. I understand the the NGX's are all capable of utilizing such technology, but finding such in all is not the case.I'm also curious to know what cfg modifcations you have made to your FSX and settings you have running. I'm running an i7 950 slightly OC'd with 9gb of DDR3 1600 and two Nvidia 250's; and I never hit such fps in FSX. Or should I rephase that and say that i never hit such fps and the rig was stable. I did some of the tweaks mentioned throughout the community, but found things to unstable and wanting to crash or major graphic spikes. I understand you not running weather, but I'm assuming that even if you did and your targeting 30 fps in final I have to be missing something.
The aircraft that was actually photo surveyed for the textures is a 737-800 manufactured in 2007 that was in active line service. (I can't tell you the operator, please don't ask). The VSD is an option, the real one we were on didn't have it, but as I said before nothing in these shots represents one specific aircraft. The options are all configurable and you can give it anything you want as if you ordered the aircraft yourself custom from the factory. tongue.gif
Crispy, dirty look and probably good framerates, that's all fine, but please enlighten us; What's going to be simulated in this lady and what's not ?
A Boeing 737NG.
Thanks for your very hard work PMDG! But please, no spastic yoke or powerlevers, that would ruin everything :(
Shouldn't be an issue.
While the fps sounds very promising for the NGX, many of us don't have i7's to run it. I think for many of us, a comparison with other addons would serve us better, such as how does the NGX perform compared to the J41? Or the LDS 767, etc... If you can say the NGX exceeds the J41 by 10% for example, then that means a lot to me. There are a lot of simmers with 2-3 year old computers running quad cpu's, and are not ready to replace them for a i7 CPU just yet.
As Robert said, this is still in development and things will go down depending on the area you're flying in, how much AI traffic etc. The point of him showing the FPS counter like that was not to say "you'll get 90FPS in the NGX", it was to show that all of this detail we've added isn't affecting framerates at all when the aircraft is flown in a simple area of the FSX world. That said, right now in its current state, I see about 15-20 more FPS in it than I do sitting in the J41 at KPHX with 100% UT2 traffic, GEX, UTX, 5m mesh and ASE/REX weather. Again, this is no guarantee that this is what you'll see too - I have a very fast machine, but the point is that this is easily the most efficient aircraft we've ever made and it should outperform anything we've made in the past.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

What about some pics or videos showing us this beauty, don't you think that you played and teased enough with us. Well hope to come out soon as I am on this sight now 24/7 and I think even my pc had enough.Just%20Kidding.gif Patrick

One word - WOW.Having FSX I have forgotten how much I love the 737NG!My credit card is waiting for the release day.rolleyes.gif

I'm not getting in that cockpit without a tetanus shot and a month supply of anti-biotics and sterile swabs!!!!!!:( Thanks very much for the update,It's going to be Fantastic!!!

"the point is that this is easily the most efficient aircraft we've ever made and it should outperform anything we've made in the past".
That's all I needed to hear, great news! Not only is this great for NGX buyers, but think of how this will impact the development of the Dash and 777 next year. It just keeps getting better and better.

Shouldn't be an issue.
I thought the jerky controls were an FSX limitation, and there was nothing a 3rd party developer could do about it. Did you guys tackle that too?

Noah Bryant

I thought pmdg already said that they were doing the "Vertical Situation Display"