Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Something I'd like to know is, what is the status of a boxed version? How long after release can we expect one; a month after release, 3 months, or does it depend on how good the NXG does online? I havn't followed the J41 and I only got the boxed 744 in January (I guess not "only" anymore).

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hi,I was trying to find a post that RSR wrote saying the NGX has taken alot longer then first thought and will be released much later then he would have hoped. Does this mean 2010 is out of the question or mid 2010 release that was first talked about not going to happen? Just wondering if we will get this bird before Christmas?Thanks,William Coade

They havent said anything about blowing by 2010 (yet, and I dont think they will). But as also said, Mid-2010 is come-and-gone. Everyone has their opinions: Next week (big nono because PMDG has stated they will say when it goes Beta), Halloween, November (holiday then would be thanksgiving), Christmas, New Years -1 min at the latest...Wouldnt that be fun! Watch the fireworks around the world, ball drop in Times Square, and we are all too estatic about 737 release to notice it. NOTE to PMDG: This paragraph is a latest possibility and should not be used in any way shape or form toward your maniacal plot to crash the Avsim site unless it is deemed absolutely nesecarry in relation with the quality of the product without the express written permission of everyone here. Shame%20On%20You.gifdry.gif :(

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

You can expect two (and possibly) three versions of FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 NGX.It should be especially good because we should be able to interface "cleanly" with the 737... no simulated mouse clicks... no need to use keypresses.Expect this:1. Button control version2. Voice Control version3. I may possibly do a special version for real-world pilots that only that simulates 'type-rating' training and deals with failures, emergencies, etc. Number 3 depends on if I can justify the $12,000 it'll cost me to head down to Miami and do a Type Rating on the 737NG at one of the schools there. It'll have to come out of my own pocket.Cheers,
That's amazing! You are a true developer

I was trying to find a post that RSR wrote saying the NGX has taken alot longer then first thought and will be released much later then he would have hoped.
I don't think Robert was talking about their current release date target, but that they had probably hoped to have a FSX 737 finished long before 2010. I could be way off there, but that's how I took his comments.

Something I'd like to know is, what is the status of a boxed version? How long after release can we expect one; a month after release, 3 months, or does it depend on how good the NXG does online? I havn't followed the J41 and I only got the boxed 744 in January (I guess not "only" anymore).
Our boxed versions always come significantly after the download version - the main reason is that we usually like to get any service packs that are needed out of the way before committing it to physical media. This way we don't have to deal creating two different patches for the download and CD version etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If you want a physical disk... go out and buy a CD and burn the file to CD so if you ever lose it its on a CD

Guest RomanS

...I do really hope there's going to be a "Used/Fresh" checkbox somewhere in the options. Nail%20Biting.gif The state this flight deck is in is disgusting and depressing. Don't pilots ever wash their hands before pressing buttons and touching panels? Doesn't maintenance ever wipe things down with alcohol and replace worn carpets? Simulation is not just about the realism of rendering the fingerprints of the pilots untidy and uncourteous enough to leave those all over the screens - touching a screen is bad workplace etiquette, by the way, because instructors have pocket pointers for that, and pilots don't have any reasons to do so, unless, well, it's a touchscreen - but also about enjoying being inside the cockpit. While a cockpit of a plane that's sitting at a Boeing chalet at Farnborough or Le Bourget is enjoyable, this one is clearly not. I see enough grime in RL cockpits to have to cope with it in sims as well.Seriously, if I saw a cockpit in this state, FO would be working overtime with alcohol wipes and a duster during the initial cockpit prep.. :(

For anyone like me who had not previously heard of a vertical situation display, this detailed guide (not copyright) might be of interest:http://www.b737.org.uk/vsd.ppsTim

For anyone like me who had not previously heard of a vertical situation display, this detailed guide (not copyright) might be of interest:http://www.b737.org.uk/vsd.ppsTim
Thks Tim an informative read. :( :biggrin:Joe

Joe Park

Our boxed versions always come significantly after the download version - the main reason is that we usually like to get any service packs that are needed out of the way before committing it to physical media. This way we don't have to deal creating two different patches for the download and CD version etc. Many airlines (including the one that owns the aircraft our textures are from) keep their planes in the air as much as humanly possible, a plane sitting on the ground, even if it's for cleaning, is a plane that's costing the airline money instead of making it. This was an active line aircraft and you're seeing it exactly how the pilots did that day.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Tim,Thank You,I had no idea what it was/did,Cheers!

The 2D cockpit is based on the same photography the VC textures are, yes.Of course, not everyone on our beta team is running an OCed i7.I'm going to write it myself with the advice and help of a couple real world NG pilots, yes.The aircraft that was actually photo surveyed for the textures is a 737-800 manufactured in 2007 that was in active line service. (I can't tell you the operator, please don't ask). The VSD is an option, the real one we were on didn't have it, but as I said before nothing in these shots represents one specific aircraft. The options are all configurable and you can give it anything you want as if you ordered the aircraft yourself custom from the factory. tongue.gifA Boeing 737NG.Shouldn't be an issue.As Robert said, this is still in development and things will go down depending on the area you're flying in, how much AI traffic etc. The point of him showing the FPS counter like that was not to say "you'll get 90FPS in the NGX", it was to show that all of this detail we've added isn't affecting framerates at all when the aircraft is flown in a simple area of the FSX world. That said, right now in its current state, I see about 15-20 more FPS in it than I do sitting in the J41 at KPHX with 100% UT2 traffic, GEX, UTX, 5m mesh and ASE/REX weather. Again, this is no guarantee that this is what you'll see too - I have a very fast machine, but the point is that this is easily the most efficient aircraft we've ever made and it should outperform anything we've made in the past.
Most appreciated :)Can't wait for it be released.BTW: Is there any price plan already formulated, just a vague idea (e.g. level of 747 QTS or twice as much) ?Cheers

martin-w, on 21 August 2010 - 06:08 AM, said:However... some of us still love our 2D cockpits, so can you confirm that the 2D cockpit will be as pin sharp as the VC.
The 2D cockpit is based on the same photography the VC textures are, yes.
Fantastic! That's what I wanted to hear. Looks like this guy will be the best FSX aircraft add-on to date. :( Martin Wilby