Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

You can expect two (and possibly) three versions of FS2Crew for the PMDG 737 NGX.It should be especially good because we should be able to interface "cleanly" with the 737... no simulated mouse clicks... no need to use keypresses.Expect this:1. Button control version2. Voice Control version3. I may possibly do a special version for real-world pilots that only that simulates 'type-rating' training and deals with failures, emergencies, etc. Number 3 depends on if I can justify the $12,000 it'll cost me to head down to Miami and do a Type Rating on the 737NG at one of the schools there. It'll have to come out of my own pocket.Cheers,
Wow I loved the voice control for the J41.To have that and possibly #3 that would be amazing.I am going to have many sleepless nights before the years out!

Guest AirBerlin737

Hey, good news i hope the NGX gets the Open Doors Command like the MD-11 in the FMC, not like the 744,748 and LCF via Keyboard CommandsRegards Daniel S.

Hopefully the 737 will work better than the J41 on my rig, because the latter is simply unusable for me due to lackluster performance. If it DOES work better, it might finally result in my transition from FS9 to FSX! :D
What's your PC specs?

Great detail PMDG! I'm really looking forward to this release. Will stay tuned..

For anyone like me who had not previously heard of a vertical situation display, this detailed guide (not copyright) might be of interest:http://www.b737.org.uk/vsd.ppsTim
Thks Tim an informative read. :( :biggrin:Joe
Tim,Thank You,I had no idea what it was/did,Cheers!
Agreed, having no previous knowledge of the VSD, I found this Powerpoint presentation very informative. No more guessing as to the 40nm crossing restriction to keep RC from yelling at me :( Very much looking forward to the NGX :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

90FPS IN VC!!!! WOWOWOWOW!!! I am only 30 FPS in FSX by 5970 CF and 980XI need to buy what that can make FSX to 90FPS in NGX VC?

Well while I know what they were trying to do with the "90 fps post," but you have to factor in settings. Flying at altitude in rural areas with megascenery.... hehe easy to get high fps.What I would like to know is the default 737's VC vs PMDG NGX VC at the same place. That will tell us what performance we can expect vs stock aircraft.
Thanks,and I will continue to repair my PC,let it working normal in FSX. GO NGX! some other factory 737NG already finish packing.

Well while I know what they were trying to do with the "90 fps post," but you have to factor in settings. Flying at altitude in rural areas with megascenery.... hehe easy to get high fps.What I would like to know is the default 737's VC vs PMDG NGX VC at the same place. That will tell us what performance we can expect vs stock aircraft.
Remember that this aircraft is still in development and many things will be added decreasing the FPS.

ok, kinda worried about no release yet, but it will come..question @ryan vinc etc etchas the exterior been completed? and your just not ready to show yet?or have you to model it yet?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

...3. I may possibly do a special version for real-world pilots that only that simulates 'type-rating' training and deals with failures, emergencies, etc. Number 3 depends on if I can justify the $12,000 it'll cost me to head down to Miami and do a Type Rating on the 737NG at one of the schools there. It'll have to come out of my own pocket....
This certainly doesn't really help you much with the ultimate cost, but I would without question buy option #3 and be prepared to pay quite a bit more than the average FS2Crew product. Of course, if not, I'll still definitely buy the voice version. I anticipate very little flying being done outside of the PMDG NGX once it and FS2Crew are released for it.

Eric Szczesniak

Bryan and Chris have been collaborators with us for a long time, I'd expect both products out as fast as they can make them.Flight is something we're not really going to address until there's more public info released. As RSR said when they announced it the other day, we may or may not be under NDA as to discussing anything relating to it. tongue.gif Rest assured though, we're well aware of it. Microsoft directly said that they don't even anticipate a beta within the next year, so it's going to be a while still before Flight is any kind of a factor. We're going to keep making FSX addons as planned.
Yes, the long long long long awaited PMDG 777 is much anticipated.

Eric 

3. I may possibly do a special version for real-world pilots that only that simulates 'type-rating' training and deals with failures, emergencies, etc. Number 3 depends on if I can justify the $12,000 it'll cost me to head down to Miami and do a Type Rating on the 737NG at one of the schools there. It'll have to come out of my own pocket.Cheers,
C'mon, just shell out the $76M for a new 737 and you'll get the type rating as part of the entitlements package :)

ok, kinda worried about no release yet, but it will come..question @ryan vinc etc etchas the exterior been completed? and your just not ready to show yet?or have you to model it yet?
The exterior is there, just not quite ready to show it yet - soon though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com