Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Roch

Doors won't open

Hi guys,In the Shift-4 window no matter what button I press only the pilot's door is moving.Baggages and pax doors don't seem to work for me.Any idea?

I avoid using that window as I had a couple of "freezes". Maybe something related to your problem.

David, when you press Shift 4, you should get a popup window that allows you to select which door you want opened.Pierre

Pierre, he's saying that he's using shift+4 and having problems

Pierre, he's saying that he's using shift+4 and having problems
You're right Federico. Tks. Sorry David. Do you have the same problems with the other windows?

Do you maybe need to set the brakes o r have the power off for the doors to work? I have aces planes like that.

Do you maybe need to set the brakes o r have the power off for the doors to work? I have aces planes like that.
No, I just tried opening everything in the air, no problem.

Truth be told, I started FSX to grab this screenshot - and the doors wouldn't open! First time I see this problem, had to restart FSX to get it to work again.Try this:* If using TrackIR, shut down the camera before starting FSX* Load the default trike at the airport you want to start from, shut it down using the off switch* Load the Cessna Caravan, place all switches offNow try and see if the doors will open. (No idea which of the above factors are important, if any, but this is how I usually load the plane, and as I said no problems until I tried to get the screenshot).

I'm having the same issue.

David,Also, see if you can open the doors using SHIFT+E+2, 3, or 4.
Still opens only the pilot's door.

I'm having the same issue.Still opens only the pilot's door.
All you have to do is press Shift 3 and the door manager/panel will pop up! then just click the ones you want to open!

All you have to do is press Shift 3 and the door manager/panel will pop up! then just click the ones you want to open!
Do you have problems reading? :(
Truth be told, I started FSX to grab this screenshot - and the doors wouldn't open! First time I see this problem, had to restart FSX to get it to work again.Try this:* If using TrackIR, shut down the camera before starting FSX* Load the default trike at the airport you want to start from, shut it down using the off switch* Load the Cessna Caravan, place all switches offNow try and see if the doors will open. (No idea which of the above factors are important, if any, but this is how I usually load the plane, and as I said no problems until I tried to get the screenshot).
Thanks Tom, I'm gonna give a try.

David,Also, see if you can open the doors using SHIFT+E+2, 3, or 4.
Thanks Kurt, it works for me!Anyway I'd like to see the shift-4 window buttons working.-----No luck here with a flight loaded with an FS default a/c with power OFF.Weird!I'm gonna write Carenado support.Not a big deal though.

I also have the same problem with opening the doors from the panel. I don't have TrackIR. I'll give your suggestion a try, but I still maintain that this has to be fixed.Thanks for your suggestions.

Guest Calum438
I also have the same problem with opening the doors from the panel. I don't have TrackIR. I'll give your suggestion a try, but I still maintain that this has to be fixed.
I have the same problem. the doors wont open from the shift 4 panel

I tried again: this time no crash, the pilot door opens and close. But if I click any other item, it will open the pilot door. If I use the shift+number combinations, I can open all of them, and they are displayed open in the shift+4 window. I guess something's broken somewhere here.Cheers

We are following this issue.Could you guys confirm if you have SP2 installed?Which windows are you using?Carenado

Guest Calum438

I have FSX SP2 (not acceleration) and Windows Vista 64bit :(

We are following this issue.Could you guys confirm if you have SP2 installed?Which windows are you using?Carenado
FSX SP2 with Win7 64 bit.

FSX SP2 with Win7 64 bit.
I too see this. I'm not sure how I missed it in beta testing, as I was more focused on the FDE.I'll email them and let them know :)

Guest Calum438

Thanks for letting them know

Using Win7x64 and FSX SP2. The main door opens but none of the other. I am using the doors panel. No matter whitch option I chose the pilot door opens, when selecting the passenger door or any other the pilot door closes.

SP2 and win7 64. This is the only window which actually makes troubles. Static elements, vc knobs, etc are fine, appear and disappear without a problem.Thank you

Is it an SP2 thing, maybe? I have Win7 64-bit with Acceleration, and the shift-4 panel works.